YMMV: All HD-DVDs @ Fry's ($5.99 - 11.99) plus 360 HD-DVD player @ $39.99

InfiniteStill

CAGiversary!
Made a stop at Fry's tonight (Las Vegas, NV) and found eight shopping carts and five 6' long shelves stuffed with HD-DVDs all marked $5.99 - $11.99. They also had maybe 12 XBOX 360 HD-DVD players, brand-new, marked $39.99. I scored the following:

Transformers
The Deer Hunter
Bourne Supremacy
Heartbreak Kid
Michael Clayton
Face Off
Sneakers
Liar Liar
Pulse
Top Gun
Flags of Our Fathers
March of the Penguins
Beowulf
Born on the Fourth of July

I also picked up the HD-DVD Matrix Trilogy for $29.99 and (x2) of the 360 HD-DVD players. I have three 360s in the house so this works out well. I'm going to plug one of the players into my computer and the other I'll rove around the house as needed.

Also note, a few titles, like Transformers for example, were marked $11.99, but scanned $7.99!

Overall, pretty sweet deal! Total spent: $227.84

[quote name='Malik112099']Holy fuck! I will be there in the morning![/QUOTE] There were stacks to go around. No titles looked short on demand. At least ten copies of almost everything in-stock.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']There were stacks to go around. No titles looked short on demand. At least ten copies of almost everything in-stock.[/quote]

yeah..i figured..i was in there 2 weeks ago and they still had shit tons of hd dvds

Ran by mine last Friday (Seattle) to pick up some of the BDs on sale and noticed most of the HD DVDs were in shopping carts in the middle of the aisles, etc. Some were on shelves but away from the BDs like they used to be.

just got back...i got:

March of the Penguins
Smokin' Aces
Michael Clayton
Transformers: SE
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP)

for $57.xx

i almost picked up a second hd dvd drive but the wife talked me out of it....i figure if my current one craps out there is TONS of stock everywhere/online that I'll be able to find one

[quote name='shadowrage']Does anyone know if the add-on drives have KK?[/quote]

they all come with king kong and the remote

I got Blue Planet and Michael Clayton for $7.99 each. I've never seen so many HD DVDs in my life, and they weren't moving. Fry's is going to have to have another huge sale soon.

I'll have to check this out tomorrow...though I am pretty much exausted on the current stock available. Where is Twister? One Missed Call? Sublime? I Am Legend?

[quote name='InfiniteStill']Made a stop at Fry's tonight (Las Vegas, NV) and found eight shopping carts and five 6' long shelves stuffed with HD-DVDs all marked $5.99 - $11.99. They also had maybe 12 XBOX 360 HD-DVD players, brand-new, marked $39.99. I scored the following:

Transformers
The Deer Hunter
Bourne Supremacy
Heartbreak Kid
Michael Clayton
Face Off
Sneakers
Liar Liar
Pulse
Top Gun
Flags of Our Fathers
March of the Penguins
Beowulf
Born on the Fourth of July

I also picked up the HD-DVD Matrix Trilogy for $29.99 and (x2) of the 360 HD-DVD players. I have three 360s in the house so this works out well. I'm going to plug one of the players into my computer and the other I'll rove around the house as needed.

Also note, a few titles, like Transformers for example, were marked $11.99, but scanned $7.99!

Overall, pretty sweet deal! Total spent: $227.84[/quote]

Seriously speaking, thanks, OP, for starting a new thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187080&highlight=dvd

I honestly was getting tired of updating mine when Fry's wasn't offering anything new last month (and it shows since I last updated it on 8/1). Did pick up Norbit and Midnight Run this wkend.

For the Xbox 360 Hd-dvd drive, anyone know any other solution to get it to play on your PC without paying $50 for Corel Windvd or Cyberlink Powerdvd?

Is their $29.99 price for the planet earth series good? I picked it up, but I'll return it if it is cheaper elsewhere.

Also got Wolf Creek for $3.99. I think this was a labor day only sale, but I predict all of their HD-DVDs will be $3.99 soon enough.

yeah..they had a couple hd drives in the carts as well as quite a few on the shelf still...i will definatley pick up an extra once they get sub $30

I went to my local Fry's after class today and managed to get 3 movies all for $3.99.

• Clerks II
• Scary Movie 4
• Pulse

It's pretty sweet getting 3 HD movies for just under $13. I just hope they drop the prices on the rest of the movies. They had tons more at the store, but I felt they were still too expensive for a dead format for me to buy. I'll wait until more of those movies drop in price; they're only going to get cheaper as time goes by.

I picked up Clerks 2 this week. I'm hoping Mallrats hits that price. Hot fuzz too, except I didn't see Hot Fuzz in the store so it seems that's not gonna happen.

I was at the LV Fry's too, picked up Michael Clayton for $7.99. The only HD DVD I want left is Fearless....but couldn't find it anywhere there on the shelves or in the 10 carts I encountered. I think Fry's bought the WORLD's leftover HD DVD's and put them all in their stores.

bread's done
Back