YMMV: BB ggc/deals. XBLc + crimson skies=$50? or XBLc + tenchu=$60?

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
may have been posted.
(i know there's much hate for BB right now, but I'm trying this today)

weekly ad:
Spend $100+ on games/acc and get free $10 gift card

also save $20 instantly w/ purchase of xbl renewal card ($50) + one of these games:
- $50 tenchu
- $50 mtx
- $50 crimson skies

-----
those are this weeks deals but I'm trying this out, in this order:

buy XBL card for $50
buy tenchu for $50
-------------------------
ask for $10 gift card.
then use 2 GGCs for extra $10 off
then ask for instant $20 off
------------------------
final total:

100-10-10-20 = $60

I need to renew my xbl sub anyway, so getting tenchu for $10 extra is a steal. replacing tenchu w/ Crimson skies means the total is $50 for XBLcard/CrimsonSkies combo. that's even sweeter.

maybe will need to add some extra discounted games/acc to make sure deal goes thru smoother.

if you don't have XBOX LIVE, the deals work with the V.3 kit ($70) instead of the renewal card ($50).

so...
XBLv3+Crimson Skies = $70
XBLv3+Tenchu = $80

fyi, just found out, crimson skies may be pricedropped to $20 this summer to coincide w/ movie release. so tenchu's better deal.

This is an awful big stretch for a deal.... My best buy would never allow you to stack all of those deals as one transaction.

Can someone explain to a newbie what is a GGC and how it gets you money off of games?

In the past I haven't shopped at Best Buy for games.......

Best buy always allows me to stack. it depends in which order you present the coupons/discounts. don't present the GGCs first, because the total has to be above $100 for the free $10 giftcard. the $20 is instant. so even without the 2GGCs, you can still save $30.

Tenchu $50
XBL card $50

weekly ad page 10 shows:
$10 gift card w/ $100 vg purcahse
also $20 INSTANT off combo buy.

then present the GGCs. if they don't work, at least you saved $. but it all comes down to the presentation. make sure to point out to the rep (before they ask) that you were told that you can use more than one ggc at a time as long as you bought different items. it always helps to ask a rep from the vg section, get their name, then namedrop at the register: i.e. BOB told me that I can use these ggcs. call him if you have any questions.

always works. stand your ground, remember you're not doing anything wrong. this is not a scam. these are advertised specials and well-known coupons. make sure to buy other odds and ends from the vg section so that the receipt total is over $100 to qualify for the initial $10 gift card. buy another xbox controller for $10 (halo 2 bundle) or xbox run like hell ($10). etc.

good luck.

TheRaven, not sure what you're asking. I don't believe they expire until activated. even older versions of the live kit that have expired are still able to be activated if you call and explain your situation to xb customer service.

dr_evil99, do a quick search for GGC above and you'll see lots of Q&A. you'll wish you learned about it sooner.

Thanks, Mr. Rhee.

I did the search and it brings up EVERY thread that mentions GGC.

This only showcases my impatience but ,can someone be kind enough to give me the Reader's Digest version?

bread's done
Back