YMMV Best Buy Will PM Digital 3DS Sales

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I say YMMV because I tried to do it through the Premier Silver online help desk and they told me they don't match prices for the digital products to retail copies, however they will in store (perhaps only if you get a clerk who doesn't know better?) because I did it today.

Print out a "receipt" from their preorder machine (it also processes their digital game codes), take it to a cashier, show them the competitor's ad on your cell phone and boom, price match.

On portables I prefer digital copies because then I can just stack a bunch on a big memory card and bring them all with me without having to worry about a card falling out of a case, etc. EVEN with Nintendo's archaic system....

will never pay  35 bucks for a download   

buy  10  digital games   get bored with them  out of pocket  350 bucks

10 real games get bored with them  sell them for  10 each   250 out of pocket

This is severely YMMV and against store policy...
Wasn't sure if it WAS against store policy (but had considered it and hence the YMMV) as the guy had zero trouble doing the price match. Shockingly, I've been lied to over the phone by a customer service agent before, so I tend to take their word with a grain of salt.

I figured it might be useful for people who, like me, prefer the digital versions of games which never go on sale on the eShop as there have been a TON of retail sales for 3DS games lately. Even the new Animal Crossing is $29.99 at Kmart, but in the eShop is $5 more. It's my big frustation with buying from the eShop.

This is severely YMMV and against store policy...
Wasn't sure if it WAS against store policy (but had considered it and hence the YMMV) as the guy had zero trouble doing the price match. Shockingly, I've been lied to over the phone by a customer service agent before, so I tend to take their word with a grain of salt.

I figured it might be useful for people who, like me, prefer the digital versions of games which never go on sale on the eShop as there have been a TON of retail sales for 3DS games lately. Even the new Animal Crossing is $29.99 at Kmart, but in the eShop is $5 more. It's my big frustation with buying from the eShop.
It is. I work at Best Buy. Employees aren't suppose to price match the eShop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you were extremely astronomically lucky with this one. Doubt anyone else could succeed in it unless they were super chummy with their employees. (I was friends with mine, and knew he couldnt do it)

Yeah, you were extremely astronomically lucky with this one. Doubt anyone else could succeed in it unless they were super chummy with their employees. (I was friends with mine, and knew he couldnt do it)
maybe a kiss, and a wink sealed the deal.

I think the wording was a bit off by the OP. He isn't price matching the price of a digital game for the physical copy, he's matching another stores physical copy for a digital code from the in-store kiosk. I know I was confused at first thinking he was getting a physical game for the eShop price. Either way I admit it's YMMV but to me it's actually a pretty nice deal to pay the same price for digital as it is for a physical sale game.

I think the wording was a bit off by the OP. He isn't price matching the price of a digital game for the physical copy, he's matching another stores physical copy for a digital code from the in-store kiosk. I know I was confused at first thinking he was getting a physical game for the eShop price. Either way I admit it's YMMV but to me it's actually a pretty nice deal to pay the same price for digital as it is for a physical sale game.
That is what I intended.

bread's done
Back