YMMV Call of Duty 4 34.00 @CC

Burchamj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just read this on GameFaqs.com

ok so this is what happened to me,
i was just about to buy the game off CC's website, and i was noticing how they did the free game deal,
COD4 is 59.99 with 29.99 taken off
COD3 is 29.99

the two together add up to the cost of one game even tho your paying for two

but in my case, i was ordering the game but COD3 was sold out, so they removed COD3
and i ended up with a total for like 34 bucks for just COD4...

When i went there COD4 was listed as Coming soon. So I dont know if they are fixing it or what. But i hope this helps people. I know id definately pick it up for 34.00

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=939212&topic=39356589

Heres the Original Link

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']We can't buy it so how is it supposed to help us?[/QUOTE]

At least he is passing along possibly helpful info. Quit hating.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Not available for sale online[/QUOTE]

Vague... are you reading off terms and conditions or something? If this is true then couldn't we talk a CC employee into doing it if COD3 is sold out? I'm sure terms and conditions restrict that, though.

If the entries really are split up like that, with the value of COD3 being pulled off of COD4, it's entirely possible that you'll be able to take your receipt back and just return COD3 and get the $30 back. People have done this all the time with some of the "buy a printer and get $XXX dollars off of a wireless router." Circuit City rarely remembers to initially just set the free value as $0.00 on the receipt, and most of the customer service people have no idea that some of the items are supposed to be bundled together, so it makes for an easy return.

[quote name='forumreader']If the entries really are split up like that, with the value of COD3 being pulled off of COD4, it's entirely possible that you'll be able to take your receipt back and just return COD3 and get the $30 back. People have done this all the time with some of the "buy a printer and get $XXX dollars off of a wireless router." Circuit City rarely remembers to initially just set the free value as $0.00 on the receipt, and most of the customer service people have no idea that some of the items are supposed to be bundled together, so it makes for an easy return.[/QUOTE]

You mean like:

Call of Duty 4 - 29.99
Call of Duty 3 - 29.99

???

Call of Duty 4 is back up on CC for 'pre-order' but the link doesn't go anywhere, it looks like they have plenty of Call of Duty 3 copies in stock.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Wait wtf? Guys go to pre-order. It says that CoD3 is for 32.02 w/Tax. Where is CoD4?[/QUOTE]

Says CoD4 is "Not available to order online." so I guess it's not up right now. It doesn't even look like this is going to work anymore, when they are added together it's 59.99 +39.99 so I don't think it's going to work out.

Well I ordered COD4 online on Sunday.

I wonder what I'll recieve now. I really dont need COD3.

A $30 price tag would be better for me :)

I just saw it online today.

UPC 047875830790, UPC 047875820036 ,

Price was: $109.98

Instant savings: -$49.99

Total for both: $59.99

[quote name='SoulReaver']Works for me all the way up to the part where you have to enter billing info. Then it reverts back to $60. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I think this would work better in store. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='uglyteradon']You mean like:

Call of Duty 4 - 29.99
Call of Duty 3 - 29.99

???

Call of Duty 4 is back up on CC for 'pre-order' but the link doesn't go anywhere, it looks like they have plenty of Call of Duty 3 copies in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if the in-store receipt separates the items like this, it shouldn't matter if your store has COD3 in stock. Just get the normal bundle and return COD3 later. Most people using these types of deals at CC just walk out the store and walk right back in and return at customer service, but you can wait a few days or a week after if you want. This is only going to work if the in store receipt separates them this way, though.

and if you try to order the deal at BB ..it works like a charm!! i am going to see if i can get PMed ...

[quote name='zizo79']and if you try to order the deal at BB ..it works like a charm!! i am going to see if i can get PMed ...[/QUOTE]

Deal at BB? I was hoping to get a screen of Call of Duty 4 as 30 dollars so I could talk to somebody at CC and try and break a deal.

It's one of those things that most of us knew about, and once CC got taken advantage of too many time, they'll plug the hole. So, use it, but don't abuse it.

Yeah, this same glitch at CC.com allowed me to pick up my PS3 60GB for $450 when they were doing a promo to get a free controller with it. Since the store was out of controllers when you ordered it online for store pick up, it just took $50 off the PS3 instead of giving you a controller. Nice glitch.

I just picked up COD4 at my CC 15 minutes ago; 2nd one to get it. The lady in front of me got her copy (handed to her by an employee with a cart full of them), paid her $60 + tax and was on her way. I scratched my head, engaged in conversation with the dyke-like clerk and asked about the free copy of COD 3 (which the lady before me did not ask for, nor did the clerk make mention to her). The clerk said, "yeah you get it for free... If we have a copy". I was already forming arguments in my head, as the ad states "Free COD 3 with purchase", it does not say anything about if in stock - it only says while supplies last for their gay poster. The clerk got me a copy of the COD 3 & COD 4 and I pulled out my gamer's club card and the $10 giftcard with any purchase of game/accessory (360) over $39.99. Had to go to the customer service because no one knows how to use the gamer's club card for a discount (though they push the hell out of it for purchase). I go up front and home-cheese behind the counter shot me down for use of the gamer's club, said no-can-do since I was using a coupon (BTW, their gamer's club card is worth shit; they're trying to copy a popular franchise who knows what a discount card is; a freaking discount, not a discount that is only good on regular priced items & not in conjunction with coupons/deals). Home-cheese goes to town and applies the $10 card to my purchase and I'm out the door with COD 4, COD 3 and a gay-ass COD 4 poster for $50 + tax. Still disappointed I couldn't use my gamer's club card to bring it down another $6, but not pissed since he applied the gift card right away.

Could soemone grab an extra COD 4 and 3 for me? My nearest CC is about an hour and a half away and it is OOS online.

I'd pay for the cost of the games, plus shipping, and also an extra $5 for picking it up for me.

So if there is no COD3 in stock they discount you the amount from the game? I'm confused on this one. And there's like another thread on this glitch already. May need a merge on this topic.

[quote name='autche']I just picked up COD4 at my CC 15 minutes ago; 2nd one to get it. The lady in front of me got her copy (handed to her by an employee with a cart full of them), paid her $60 + tax and was on her way. I scratched my head, engaged in conversation with the dyke-like clerk and asked about the free copy of COD 3 (which the lady before me did not ask for, nor did the clerk make mention to her). The clerk said, "yeah you get it for free... If we have a copy". I was already forming arguments in my head, as the ad states "Free COD 3 with purchase", it does not say anything about if in stock - it only says while supplies last for their gay poster. The clerk got me a copy of the COD 3 & COD 4 and I pulled out my gamer's club card and the $10 giftcard with any purchase of game/accessory (360) over $39.99. Had to go to the customer service because no one knows how to use the gamer's club card for a discount (though they push the hell out of it for purchase). I go up front and home-cheese behind the counter shot me down for use of the gamer's club, said no-can-do since I was using a coupon (BTW, their gamer's club card is worth shit; they're trying to copy a popular franchise who knows what a discount card is; a freaking discount, not a discount that is only good on regular priced items & not in conjunction with coupons/deals). Home-cheese goes to town and applies the $10 card to my purchase and I'm out the door with COD 4, COD 3 and a gay-ass COD 4 poster for $50 + tax. Still disappointed I couldn't use my gamer's club card to bring it down another $6, but not pissed since he applied the gift card right away.[/QUOTE]

youre a homophobic bigot congratulations!!! im glad you grace xbox live with your presence!

bread's done
Back