YMMV CompUSA buy 2 get one for penny on clearance

m0rphix

CAG Veteran
Now I don't know if this is good for all CompUSAs but the one I went to (Boca Raton FL store 481) is having a manager special on all the clearance games.

Buy any 2 console games, PC games or DVDs priced @ $14.88 and get the 3rd for $0.01.

Game selection is pretty good, mostly titles from the Circuit City clearance with a few newer additions (Onimusha 3 for example). Basically you get 3 games for $30 not bad.

I picked up:

GC
Spawn
Resident Evil: CVX

XB
Crimson Sea
TMNT

PS2
Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Legaia 2
X-Files
Kof 00/01
Arc the Lad
Mega man X7
Fallout: BoS

[quote name='m0rphix']Now I don't know if this is good for all CompUSAs but the one I went to (Boca Raton FL store 481) is having a manager special on all the clearance games.

Buy any 2 console games, PC games or DVDs priced @ $14.88 and get the 3rd for $0.01.

Game selection is pretty good, mostly titles from the Circuit City clearance with a few newer additions (Onimusha 3 for example). Basically you get 3 games for $30 not bad.

I picked up:

GC
Spawn
Resident Evil: CVX

XB
Crimson Sea
TMNT

PS2
Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Legaia 2
X-Files
Kof 00/01
Arc the Lad
Mega man X7
Fallout: BoS[/quote]

Sale for Managers only?
Onimusha 3 for 14.88?

[quote name='MeGaWC27']
Sale for Managers only?[/quote]

Its up to the manager at the store to have the sale or not.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']
Onimusha 3 for 14.88?[/quote]

Yes, I would have gotten it but I just bought it at the last EB buy 2 get one free pre played games deal.

aww man this must be a serious YMMV then, sigh...
Guess it can't hurt for me to go check if its to get Onimusha 3 for 15 bucks.

did it scan in the system, or did they have to play with the register to get the price? tia

ok then. much, MUCH thanks for the quick reply! i hate going in there if i'm not buying something specifically.

The only time i can make it to the area where my COmp USa is is when go wiht my mom to pick up my dad on the 13 of September. I think its behind the mall i go to and RE:2 comes out the tenth so i wanna see that when were out there.

My Mileage did vary,

The manager was up for dealing, he said that I could get a buyone get one free (clearance games only) only if I signed up for three months of free AOL.

I passed.

that is similar to the experience i ad (also the reason i hate to go in on a whim). some kid ran all up in my grill talking about aol for free junk (in the shopping cart i was rummaging in). i smiled him off on his way though

DAmn them and their pushing aol like crack. I was in there before, looking for supposed cheap ass games, and I was greeted by a guy who who worked there that said, wanna enter our drawing for a new video card? There's only been like 5 enteries so far, so the chances are good. I normally don't enter anything but I was like "ok", then he pulled out the "all you have to do is sign up for aol for three monthes" crap. Ugh..

This sounded like a real YMMV so I didn't even bother with my local compusa. Instead, I spent 2 and a half hours during rush hour on what should have been an hour max, and drove down to OP's store. I was an hour late getting into work afterwards. :(

Anyway, I got
Pirates of the Carrebean (XBox)
Red Faction II (Xbox)
Freedom Fighters (Xbox)
Fallout (Xbox)
Legacy of Kain Defiance (Xbox)
Naval Ops (PS2)
Onimusha 3 (PS2)
ESPN Baseball (PS2)
Silent Line Armored Core (PS2)

All for ~$95

There were multiple copies left of whatever I got, except for Onimusha 3, which was the last one they had.

They also had ESPN Basketball (PS2), Romance of three kingdoms 7 (PS2), Primal (PS2), Code Veronica (GC), and a bunch of other titles. If you live within an hour of that store, I'd make a trip there today, unless you need to prepare for the hurricane. :(

bread's done
Back