YMMV DJ Max Fever $29.99 @ GameStop

n8nmonster

CAGiversary!
So I picked up DJ Max Fever for PSP for $39.99 at GameStop today. While I was walking away, I was browsing through the latest issue of the Guide (the free gamestop mag), and noticed on a page that it was listed as $29.99. whoa whoa whoa! O_O! So I walked back and showed the guy the mag and my receipt. He tried calling the other GS in the mall (sounded like the employee on the other end didnt know what he was talkin about). But in the end, he went ahead and gave me a $10 refund + tax. Although.... its gotta be a misprint, so YMMV. ;p

3248846023_f0512ba2d7.jpg

3248846745_b5e7595031.jpg

3248847765_30c56a29f1.jpg

Ahh nice find dude.
Ive played the import versions of DJ Max, AWESOME game. One of my favorite rhythm games. I dare say its a better experience then Guitar hero/Rock band ("HOW DARE HE SAY THAT?")

Its a cult classic hit in Korea. Too bad I sold my PSP. If i had known this was going to be localized, might have kept it. :)

I guess those Guides are pretty useful. I remember a few months ago, it had God of War 2 listed cheaper than it should have been.

Anyway, I kinda want to get this. Especially for $30. Thanks for the heads up!

Very interesting! Going to try this tomorrow in between classes as I've been wanting dj max fever but didn't want to pay the full 39.99.

Nice find there!

Wonder if it'll contain the same difficulty as the KOR version...Anyone remember how they treated the beatmania series when they brought it here? xD

[quote name='GaMeReVX']Nice find there!

Wonder if it'll contain the same difficulty as the KOR version...Anyone remember how they treated the beatmania series when they brought it here? xD[/QUOTE]

Pentavision is well aware of the fanbase here. Konami, however, is a lost cause.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Pentavision is well aware of the fanbase here. Konami, however, is a lost cause.[/quote]You speak truth there my friend. Sad, yet true.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nohbdy']Pentavision is well aware of the fanbase here. Konami, however, is a lost cause.[/quote]

I finally opened my copy of DDR SuperNova last week and I was really pissed to find Ashley Tisdale music in it :bomb:

Either way, nice find - picked it up for $40 last week at BB and I'm very happy I did!

[quote name='Nohbdy']Any PS2 DDR after EXTREME 2 is just trash.[/quote]\

SUPERNOVA was worth it just for Sobakasu alone. ;)

Anyways, thanks for the find...I'm really interested in this game, so I might try to get it. :)

Just went to my local GS in White Flint, MD and they didn't honor the price. Its definitely worth trying though as I just went straight at him and told him the price was printed different in the mag. He almost did it too. Guess I will wait on this game.

I went to the GS at Stonestown in San Francisco. They have the ads up in the front, but they refuse to honor the price as well.

No big deal. I just won't put down a pre-order for Fire Emblem at their store then.

Great game.. I still have my imported copy of DJ Max.. but I sold my PSP, so the game just sits there taunting me and I have no money for a PSP right now

I visited two GameStops in New York today. No dice. That $40 price point is absolutely killer. I hope enough people are actually buying this game to support Pentavision and DJ Max (in the States, that is).

Got it adjusted to $30 no problem.

Already own the LE editions of Portable 2, BS, and Trilogy, but I'm more than happy to support Pentavision's US releases.

I went to Best Buy to pricematch it. The Gamestop I went to were confused when I showed them the ad, then the employees just started talking about random stuff... God I hate Gamestop.

Huh...no way.....shit I'm going there tomorrow :D

[quote name='fuchikoma']Got it adjusted to $30 no problem.

Already own the LE editions of Portable 2, BS, and Trilogy, but I'm more than happy to support Pentavision's US releases.[/quote]
What's the trilogy LE?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What's the trilogy LE?[/QUOTE]

Trilogy is the retail release of the PC version. The LE is more Pentavision quality, with a coffee mug, playing cards, post cards, desk calendar, and 2 disc OST.

Picked this up for $29.99 today after adjustment. Decided to buy it although it was gutted. (it was the only copy the store received) Excellent game!

Looks like im not the only one who sold my PSP. I'll see if I can get this deal to work anyway

I find it odd that a store won't honor the advertised priced. I'd bitch and moan until they did, it's in the ad they advertise in the SAME STORE, what's the point of a ad if you don't pay attention to it?

Actually, on the back of the ad it states specifically that they don't have to honor the prices and that they are not responsible for differences in pricing.

Just take the ad and tell them you'll spend money at Best Buy with the price match. They'll give it to you then, and you won't have to make an extra trip.

Then what's the point? Seems stupid "Hey come in today to save $10 on DJ Max Fever!"

Get to the store, sorry we don't honor the prices we advertise...

I was able to get the deal, no problem. The guy seemed confused but gave me the $10 off. I'd have preferred a shrinkwrapped copy but for $29 I'm not gonna complain.

Got it pricematched at Gamestop.

I wonder how long they'll honor this, before the crapola filters up and then back down the corporate chain.

This deal is deader than dead for me - two GameStops AND a Best Buy refused to honor the price. There's already been a corporate email sent to all GameStops about the misprint, and apparently the Best Buy I tried was in on it too since they immediately said "no, not on -that-" when I asked.

EDIT: Decided to try again after work. The first Best Buy I stopped at today was actually sold out, and I was directed to another location that still had five copies. This time I was able to price match it without issue. Of course, the amount of gas spent visiting two GameStops and three Best Buys probably completely negates the savings...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back