YMMV Doctor Who Season 4 38.37 at Best Buy

luckycreature

CAGiversary!
I'm sure this is YMMV but I was shocked to see Doctor Who Season 4 in the best buy exclusive packaging for this price today at Best Buy. I took it to the register and it rang up 69.99. The cashier called his manager and they fixed it so Im sure its been changed at my location (coralville, IA ) but you may have luck at other stores. The tag looked like the one that shipped with the disc and even read Doctor Who Season 4 on it. I wonder if it was the wholesale tag?
Good luck. Its well worth this price if you can find it.

[quote name='luckycreature']I'm sure this is YMMV but I was shocked to see Doctor Who Season 4 in the best buy exclusive packaging for this price today at Best Buy. I took it to the register and it rang up 69.99. The cashier called his manager and they fixed it so Im sure its been changed at my location (coralville, IA ) but you may have luck at other stores. The tag looked like the one that shipped with the disc and even read Doctor Who Season 4 on it. I wonder if it was the wholesale tag?
Good luck. Its well worth this price if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

I would like to buy those new seasons, but the prices are too expensive!....And here in Puerto Rico no Blockbuster nor Video Avenue rent that series!

Yeah, I was at Best Buy today with my friend and we noticed it was marked 38.37 but was "on sale" for 69.99. He picked it up. I've noticed this has been happening more often lately, and usually on more niche titles.

My friend and I concluded that Best Buy is doing this on purpose to get people to post it on the internet forums in some kind of "get people to the store for obscure shows and maybe they'll also buy something else" viral marketing campaign.

If Doctor Who were almost as popular as OUR network shows, would we see a price reduction? Probably. When I try to tell people to watch the new Doctor Who show, the'd rather watch Heroes.
Curses.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']If Doctor Who were almost as popular as OUR network shows, would we see a price reduction? Probably. When I try to tell people to watch the new Doctor Who show, the'd rather watch Heroes.
Curses.[/QUOTE]

There is no hope for these people.

I think it's part high price of a series, part import fees. It's like how anime used to be back a few years ago. Four episodes for $30 on a single disc.

[quote name='phoenix6666']I think it's part high price of a series, part import fees. It's like how anime used to be back a few years ago. Four episodes for $30 on a single disc.[/QUOTE]

I think the high price of a series is precisely the reason. Remember, the BBC is a public trust, similar to PBS here in the states, and as a result, I do not believe that any advertising dollars can be used to justify a show's budget. This most likely results in a higher than average cost for these sets.

I managed to snag 2 copies of this deal today (one for me and one for my brother's Christmas present).

The clerk also enjoyed the show, and even though I suggested that the tag might be a mislabeled she gave me the deal anyway. Thanks OP!

I got 1 today for that 38.73, the manager went to find them on the floor to see if they all had the price on them and when she saw that hey did, pulled the rest of them to be re-priced at 69.99

bread's done
Back