YMMV - Elden Ring Ps5 $49.99 - Walmart

Pig

CAGiversary!
Local Walmart had Elden Ring for Ps5 on the shelf for $49.99. Cant confirm it rang up that way because i didnt buy it, but they traditionally honor the price on the shelf. YMMV. GL tarnished.

The Walmart near me had sold a few at this price yesterday. Went in to buy some headphones and 2 people in front of me got xbox versions. They have a lot more of the PS4/PS5 versions than Xbox though.

It seems like Sony first party titles are $70 for PS5 and may or may not be discounted at Walmart. 

3rd party games are still $59.99 and discounted to ~$50 at most walmarts. PS4 games are 10$ cheaper out the gate (i.e. if you don't care about displaying the ps5 box on your shelf, it makes more sense to get the PS4 version of Horizon : Forbidden West instead of the PS5 version)

This does follow even for first party ninty games/pokemon it seems. Example Arceus legends is 50$ at Walmart. Just Sony seems to be the big one with the firm next gen prices even at Walmart for the moment. 

Just got back from Best Buy to have them price match (because I'd already bought it there and reward points, right?).

1st lady said she couldn't do it because it wasn't their website price. She called a manager (I didn't ask for a manager, she just took it upon herself).
I explained to the manager that it was their in-store price and showed it to them on brickseek. I even offered to go buy and return it at walmart so they could do it off a receipt if need be. Manager said she couldn't do it off that website because it wasn't official, but said "give me a minute", walked in the back, then called back up front on the walkie talkie that if I called Walmart on the phone and asked them, they'd match it.
Well I knew calling walmart was a futile attempt, but I was already there... So I called Walmart 3 times (electronics, no answer; customer service, no answer; electronics again). 10 mins on the phone with no answer, just ringing until it hung up.
1st lady had to leave; her shift was over. Passed the process over to some younger kid who was like "IDGAF" and said he'd price match it asap. Cool. Except he couldn't, because of some issue with the bundled steel book.  IDK. Anyways, he went and got a different manager, who finally price matched it. Only took like 45-50 mins for $10.

TLDR: Got it price matched at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back