YMMV Family Dollar Rock Band Track Packs (all systems) 5$

Mason202

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My first deal, please go easy on me.

Walked into my local Family Dollar to Find these Track Packs in stock

Rock Band Track Pack Vol 1 (PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Metal (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack (ps2 only)

All for 5 Dollars each.

This is Extremely YMMV and your stock may be way different then mine but a great deal nonetheless.
Also Remember this is a dollar store not gamestop. look for the games to maybe be in a small cardbord box next to the most random thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet will have to check for these. Where in Family Dollar did you see them? Do they have an electronics area or something? (I have not been in Family Dollar in years and thought it was mostly groceries or clothes)

They Sell DVD's also, i found them around there. that would be the best place to look first.

Also my store is In Baltimore, MD 21133

[quote name='SteveChiller']Do you know if you can add them on the hard drive like you could for RB1 onto RB2 ?[/QUOTE]

Not for Wii.

I think you can for 360/PS3 though. I think...

Excellent deal! Now is the time to buy these and stock up as gifts if you'd like. You can import these track packs into rock band 1/2/3 now and for $5 each they're a steal! A bargain I say

cool! checking the 3 near me tomorrow!
edit: Track pack 1 does not have an export code for 360/ps3. no way get the songs off disc.

Damn!
I need Vol1, Vol2, and ACDC... and Classic Rock
I have Country, and Metal already
No Family Dollars in CA :(

FWIW, there is a code in the back of the manual to download all the songs onto your 360 HDD (assume PS3 as well)...
You never even have to stick the disc in the drive!

Update: ACK, if Vol1 has no export code as per previous post, I don't want it...

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']cool! checking the 3 near me tomorrow!
edit: Track pack 1 does not have an export code for 360/ps3. no way get the songs off disc.[/QUOTE]

I believe track pack volume 1 wasn't available for the 360 or ps3...? Wii only.

Yes, Track Pack vol 1 was a Wii/PS2 only release. So if you saw a 360 or PS3 copy, I'd call that EXTREME YMMV.

But seriously, I might pop in to a local store and take a look for some of the others.

By the way, those of you looking for a cheap copy of the AC/DC game, check your local KMart, if you have one. They've been $4.99 there for a while, for 360 and PS3.

My Mistake i didn't bother to fact check, as i was looking through the games they all look alike just different colors.

I did pick up and play, metal and track pack 2 for ps3. for people wondering it comes with both a disc and a code. if you want to play the songs by themselves you can just use the disc, but if you wanna play them with rock band games it comes with a code that turns the songs into DLC that can be used with any rock band game.

0-6 for me today. No love for northern Illinois....just some odd ps2 shovelware. Family Dollar makes Kmart look like the Ritz Carlton.

Success! I found them at another store. Picked up Track Pack 2 for 360. They didn't have Classic Rock though, wanted that one too. Great deal for $5 and you can trade it into Amazon for $4. That means 12 new tracks (own 8 already) for $1. Awesome. Thanks again OP.

Tried around where I live and no luck :(

Anyone willing to pick up the xbox packs and send them my way? (I'd Paypal you the cash, of course.)

Nothing video game related (aside from a massive box that's apparently Frogger related for the PS2) at the on on the very edge of campus.

They were unloading a truck though, and they seemed to be rearranging the store, so I might try again next week.

It turns out we've only got one Family Dollar in Cookevegas- the other two showing on Google Maps were Dollar Generals. The first one on the list happened to be the one we had, thankfully, and the lady working there was nice enough to save me from my wild goose chase.

They didn't have any of the track packs, though. Just some old PS2/360 games, like Sly III, Socom: Dark something, Golden Compass, etc. all for $10. I asked her if they might be expecting any, and she said they had only gotten the games they had in that day, so they might be getting some in later this week. I'm not sure if she was just trying to get me back in the store or not, but I'll be checking back on Friday or Saturday to see if what she said holds merit.

In other news, I'm considering running by those Dollar Generals. I haven't been to these dollar stores in forever, but if Google Maps is willing to call them the same thing, they may be worth a shot.

EDIT: [quote name='Hao']Nothing video game related (aside from a massive box that's apparently Frogger related for the PS2) at the on on the very edge of campus.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention my store had some of those, too.

My local store had copies of Track Pack 2 for Wii, PS2, 360, and PS3, and a few AC/DC Packs for PS2. When I checked out, the clerk told me that they had just them out a few minutes earlier, so some stores might not have put them on the shelf yet.

The wife went to 3 stores in the Wilkes Barre, PA area. They had nothing at those stores except for the Frogger game for the PS2..

Darn it. I need the Track Pack volume 2 and the Classic rock pack to complete my collection.

No luck in Auburn, NY. Didn't even find Frogger. Just some generic last-gen controllers and plug-n-plays.

I might check the store in the next town over if I have to go grocery shopping out that way or something, but if people are checking multiple locations around them and striking out, I'm willing to bet that these suckers are only being distributed to certain regions.

no games or dvd's in Deerfield Beach, FL. I think I have two more on the way home from work I can check out. I'd love to get some more RB tunes for cheap!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Success! I found them at another store. Picked up Track Pack 2 for 360. They didn't have Classic Rock though, wanted that one too. Great deal for $5 and you can trade it into Amazon for $4. That means 12 new tracks (own 8 already) for $1. Awesome. Thanks again OP.[/QUOTE]

Plus all the gas/time you wasted hunting them down...

Success for me, too! Picked up Track Pack 2 and Metal Track Pack for 360 this afternoon for $5 each at the Family Dollar in Bartlett, TN. $5 each. They still have 1 Metal Track Pack left and several Volume 2s, plus a few other assorted ones for PS2, PS3, and Wii. Originally, I didn't see them, but I happened to look on one of the cash registers and there was a small cardboard display on one of the registers with them and a few other assorted shovelware games.

Now I need Country and Classic Rock and I'll be all set. Thanks, OP!

Found some in Delray Beach, FL on my way home from work. Picked up Metal pack and Track pack 2, both for 360. They had some Track Pack 1 & 2 & AC/DC for PS2 and Track Pack 2 for 360, PS3, and Wii. I got the only Metal Pack. Thanks Op!

[quote name='egorka']The wife went to 3 stores in the Wilkes Barre, PA area. They had nothing at those stores except for the Frogger game for the PS2..

Darn it. I need the Track Pack volume 2 and the Classic rock pack to complete my collection.[/QUOTE]

If you want to find these cheap keep your eyes peeled at Toys R Us. They've been running some good clearance deals on games that end in a 0 or 8. Top that off with the BOGO deals that they've had as well you can get them for about $5-$7 each.

I managed to get Track Pack Volume 2 a few weeks ago. The PS3 versions are more common than the 360 ones and sometimes the Rock Band stuff is in a different location usually close to all the band sets.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Success for me, too! Picked up Track Pack 2 and Metal Track Pack for 360 this afternoon for $5 each at the Family Dollar in Bartlett, TN. $5 each. They still have 1 Metal Track Pack left and several Volume 2s, plus a few other assorted ones for PS2, PS3, and Wii. Originally, I didn't see them, but I happened to look on one of the cash registers and there was a small cardboard display on one of the registers with them and a few other assorted shovelware games.

Now I need Country and Classic Rock and I'll be all set. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]Try TRU for the Classic Rock Track Pack for 360. Picked it up for $3.00 today. New drop as of Monday so it may still be at a TRU near you.

[quote name='zenintrude']Plus all the gas/time you wasted hunting them down...[/QUOTE]

Half of the fun is the satisfaction of a successful hunt!

[quote name='Achilles00']Half of the fun is the satisfaction of a successful hunt![/QUOTE]

Amen! I still haven't opened mine. And I didn't really go out of my way to get it.

Wow, that's a great deal. If there's three songs on these you want, you've got your money's worth.
I actually bought all the codes off ebay (who needs the discs?) so I won't be picking them up, but they are great. My wife loves Country songs so that country pack was a godsend for us. :p

[quote name='Shadowiii']Wow, that's a great deal. If there's three songs on these you want, you've got your money's worth.
I actually bought all the codes off ebay (who needs the discs?) so I won't be picking them up, but they are great. My wife loves Country songs so that country pack was a godsend for us. :p[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to get the country pack for my wife as well. Still kicking myself for not getting it at TRU with the Halo coupon a few weeks back.

Oh, well. The search continues.

bread's done
Back