YMMV fo' real: 50% off Bin at Gamestop

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was at GS talking to a friend of mine who works there and I noticed a bin of New games marked 50% off. He told me that all GS stores are supposed to take any Delisted new games and put them in this bin to make shelf space, but I'm not sure if this is true. There was an assortment of crap in there, but there were plenty of good deals too:
*Edit* These prices are AFTER 50% off.

Capcom Classics Collection (Ps2)- 9.99
Hitman Contracts (ps2/Xbox)- 9.99
River City Ransom deluxe (Gba)-9.99
FFX-2 (Ps2)- 8.50
MGS: Twin Snakes(GC)- 9.99
R-Type 3 (Gba- 4.99
Sword of Mana(Gba)- $7
Mario Pinball Land(Gba)-9.99
Botkai(Gba) $7.50
Mario Party 5 (GC)- $20
Metroid Classic (GBA)- $4.99

There were a bunch more, but I can't really remember right now. The stock and price should/could vary from store to store(if it IS indeed nationwide) so you could find some real gems in there. Like I said, I don't know if it's YMMV or not.

Stupid continuous sales... I guess one of these days I'll have bought up most of the current gen games I want. Hopefully this sale won't exist locally so I can ignore it.

If a game is delisted, a manager can hold sales on them to clear out excess stock, There's one here that was doing it with delisted PC games not too long ago.

[quote name='raveneyes']delisted/out of print/no longer ava from gamestops supplier

~b[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

Might pick up River City Ransom for that price...

...and is $9.99 a good deal for MGS: Twin Snakes? I've been wanting to get that for a while now.

[quote name='yukine']Might pick up River City Ransom for that price...

...and is $9.99 a good deal for MGS: Twin Snakes? I've been wanting to get that for a while now.[/QUOTE]

HELL YES!

[quote name='yukine']Might pick up River City Ransom for that price...

...and is $9.99 a good deal for MGS: Twin Snakes? I've been wanting to get that for a while now.[/QUOTE]

You'll never find it cheaper, in my opinion.

I'll check the GameStop near my house tormorrow and report back. It's only about 5 blocks away so it won't hurt to check. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='Zingela']If a game is delisted, a manager can hold sales on them to clear out excess stock, There's one here that was doing it with delisted PC games not too long ago.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess it is a YMMV type thing. I'll reflect that in the title.

my gamestops had a delisted box of gba games and videos 30% off for a couple weeks now. Bin looked like mostly junk but I'll have to check and see if it 50% off now.

i really want that capcom classics for $10, but they are still sellling it for $20. is there any way to get them to drop it down? like if you ask about it being "delisted"?

Well, neither GameStop in my area had such a bin. There were system-specific racks of games for $9.99, but none of them were games that don't suck and haven't been that low price for months now. Damn backwoods game stores around here....never have the deals.....

bread's done
Back