YMMV-Free Copy of Windows 7 Professional (Ultimate?) by attending Microsoft IT event

I'm tempted but feel kind of bad imposing on this event, considering I'm not a developer. I wonder how much of the event you would have to sit through too.

When I signed up, there was nothing there that explicitly asked for any sort of identification that links you to a business of any sort.

And if you think you're supposed to feel guilty, read the commentary from users in the Ars Technica article.

I'm tempted but feel kind of bad imposing on this event, considering I'm not a developer.
Microsoft WANTS to give this stuff away. You should go see the Dreamspark program.

I actually DO work in IT and I am a developer but the thought of having to sit around all day at a conference just for some free stuff which I will eventually be able to get for free anyway isn't that appealing to me.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']I actually DO work in IT and I am a developer but the thought of having to sit around all day at a conference just for some free stuff which I will eventually be able to get for free anyway isn't that appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

its 3 hours that's it

worth it for something "200" dollars worth

it's all full around here :cry:

Slight append. Someone noticed that the Microsoft pages initially had Windows 7 Professional but they changed the box to that of the Ultimate version sometime during the week.

If you're just trying to sign up now, it's a little late.

This has been out for about 2 weeks and everyone who wanted to go already signed up.

Also, MS is cracking down and checking if you're really an IT/Developer.

figured why not and signed up for the D.C. event

the IT Pro conferences were full so signed up for a developer one

edit: I am a college student taking an IT class

maybe I should have listed that as my company instead of the campus bookstore which I work for

How's microsoft going to tell the difference from your average sunken-eyed neckbearded IT professional clothed only in stained jeans and an undersized industry brag-rag from your average sunken-eyed neckbearded CAGer clothed only in stained jeans and an undersized industry brag-rag?

I took programming in tech school but never got a job. I was going to sign up based on that for the one in St. Louis MO but it is on a monday and I wont be able to take time off. To bad it is not on a friday then I would go just to talk to some of the people that are developers. I would use this as more of a networking type thig then to get a free copy of windows 7.

Just registered for the Pittsburgh event. I'm a developer, not sure why they didn't advertise this any better. If I hear of this through CAG, that means their PR company isn't doing their work. Do you have to attend the entire event though? Only the morning session has dev sessions.

Awesome! I'm a developer and there's one in my city with openings, so it looks like I'm good to go. Now to talk my boss into letting me attend...

bread's done
Back