YMMV: Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition ($9.97) at Sears

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Went into my local Sears earlier today and found The Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition in the Steelbook for $9.97. Of course I bought it. It was the last one. I want to find another one since I am unsure if I am going to keep this game or sell it since I could easily get $50 + for it online.

Also snagged Muramasa Demon Blade for $9.97 for my buddy and 2 copies of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for 360. Those were $1.75 Each. Lol. I traded one in for $10 since I owed a bit on MGS:pW CE and may keep the other one. Not sure.

This Sears was in Bethlehem, PA.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Eh... no Classic Controller option kills those games.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GuardianE']Can't you do Gamecube controller?[/QUOTE]Not according to the back of the game's box. I believe Classic controller support and Gamecube controller support go hand in hand, but I could be wrong.

You can't do either. I wouldn't want to though, the controls on this are better than any 95% of other Wii shooter/action games. I guess the option would be a nice addition for some, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

If you haven't checked your local sears, it doesn't hurt. I cleared out the majority of clearance games at my local sears about 4 weeks ago when prices were at 14.97 point. I managed to snag two copied of MPT at that time, so they are still out there!

[quote name='Sito']If you haven't checked your local sears, it doesn't hurt. I cleared out the majority of clearance games at my local sears about 4 weeks ago when prices were at 14.97 point. I managed to snag two copied of MPT at that time, so they are still out there![/QUOTE]

lol 4 weeks ago ...lol MODS?

[quote name='battousai11']checked my sears and they only had banjo kazooie n&b but it was still 20. ridiculous[/QUOTE]

which letter(s) in YMMV are you unable to decipher?

Crap, my local one didn't have either game. And I don't think there's another one that's close. Word's out now, so my chances are prob slim to nil. Oh well.

Thanks for this OP. I have been trying to follow the Sears thread but it is more secretive than Fight Club. I found this on my first try today. All of the games are shoved in a small cabinet. However, the game wasn't there so the went into the back room and found it.

The only downfall was that I was late coming home and wasn't here to sign for Mario Galaxy 2.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Thanks for this OP. I have been trying to follow the Sears thread but it is more secretive than Fight Club. I found this on my first try today. All of the games are shoved in a small cabinet. However, the game wasn't there so the went into the back room and found it.
[/QUOTE]

hahaha! they are really way too full of themselves in the Sears thread. It's a clearance thread, not the keys to the red button.

"We can't update the OP cause we don't want people to find our clearance games!":roll:

no luck with metroid prime, but they did have multiple copies of murasama marked at 19.97

i had the guy scan it, and low and behold, 9.97...i picked one up and left the other 3 for other CAGs

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha! they are really way too full of themselves in the Sears thread. It's a clearance thread, not the keys to the red button.

"We can't update the OP cause we don't want people to find our clearance games!":roll:[/QUOTE]

If you want to start your own Sears clearance thread and keep updating the first post, be my guest. Clearances change constantly and updating a list takes a lot of work. Just go right ahead and volunteer your time and efforts. And that goes for anyone here who would like to volunteer themselves.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Well, mine has two copies...for $49.99[/QUOTE]

Did you actually have them scan it, or did you just trust the price sticker or the shelf tag? (hint: don't trust the price sticker or the shelf tag)

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Well, mine has two copies...for $49.99[/QUOTE]

You just passed up some cheap, flippable games. :(

Always scan them!

*edit - nevermind you typed your response while I put mine up. That doesnt make sense. Did you actually see the price come up as $49.99? That really sucks if it did.

[quote name='addicted2games']You just passed up some cheap, flippable games. :(

Always scan them!

*edit - nevermind you typed your response while I put mine up. That doesnt make sense. Did you actually see the price come up as $49.99? That really sucks if it did.[/QUOTE]

It happens sometimes. Even stores that have everything else on clearance might not clearance out one random game.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Is it stickered or do you have to scan it?[/QUOTE]

i had to Scan it. As a Matter of fact. All the clearance games had ORIGINAL prices. I just happened to scan Banjo and it rand up at $1.70 or $1.75, whichever. So since I saw Metroid I figured Id give it a shot since it was in the same area (but you never know since people put stuff wherever they please and dont care) and it and in at $9.97. Same as Muramasa. They also had Marvel UA 2 for $9.97, Far Cry 2, and a bunch of others. None worth flipping purposes or KEEPING purposes for me at least.

I am still torn on whether to keep the Metroid or not. I had them call 3 other Sears and NONE had it. UGH.
If I could find a USED one at Gamestop during a coupon week would be GREAT.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']
If I could find a USED one at Gamestop during a coupon week would be GREAT.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wait for that 75% off coupon. :roll:

I'm guessing you have credit at GS but I wouldn't risk it, you never know what kind of shape the used one will be in. The steel case will be all dented or you could just get handed 3 discs in a sleeve without the case or anything.

[quote name='shoe478']Yeah, wait for that 75% off coupon. :roll:

I'm guessing you have credit at GS but I wouldn't risk it, you never know what kind of shape the used one will be in. The steel case will be all dented or you could just get handed 3 discs in a sleeve without the case or anything.[/QUOTE]

It's actually only a single disc, but yeah, really. You're not going to do as well as (let alone better than) $9.97 at GameStop. Used price is $39.99 and it won't be dropping anytime soon -- even if you found a copy in good condition as well as two other $40 games in a B2G1, you'd still be spending $27 on it. And this is a new copy, whereas that would be used. Why wouldn't you keep it? Seriously, save your credit for something else.

just curious is there anyway to get walmart to price match?? my walmart has 15 copies of metroid prime trilogy new for 49.99.

[quote name='gauu']just curious is there anyway to get walmart to price match?? my walmart has 15 copies of metroid prime trilogy new for 49.99.[/QUOTE]

No. There's no sale ad to show them, and they won't match clearance prices anyway. I mean, you can always ask and maybe you'll get lucky, but there's a 99% chance you'll get shot down.

[quote name='flount']If you want to start your own Sears clearance thread and keep updating the first post, be my guest. Clearances change constantly and updating a list takes a lot of work. Just go right ahead and volunteer your time and efforts. And that goes for anyone here who would like to volunteer themselves.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the first 3 posts of the Sears thread have tags saying last updated 11-16-09. I appreciate all contributions and I am glad I found the game because of this thread. I am also glad I found lego rock band & Marvel Ultimate alliance 2 for 9.97 each on PS3

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']In fairness, the first 3 posts of the Sears thread have tags saying last updated 11-16-09. I appreciate all contributions and I am glad I found the game because of this thread. I am also glad I found lego rock band & Marvel Ultimate alliance 2 for 9.97 each on PS3[/QUOTE]

I was not offering someone else to make a new thread sarcastically. It would be nice too if there could be opening posts that could be edited by multiple people. Another point is that the discounts trickle in over time as people report them. And not all stores carry the same prices. It really does take a lot of work to maintain such threads, and people who start new clearance threads last maybe at most a couple months updating them.

[quote name='flount']I was not offering someone else to make a new thread sarcastically. It would be nice too if there could be opening posts that could be edited by multiple people. Another point is that the discounts trickle in over time as people report them. And not all stores carry the same prices. It really does take a lot of work to maintain such threads, and people who start new clearance threads last maybe at most a couple months updating them.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it's not just an issue of the time or work that it takes to keep the OP updated. The issue of updating the OP has come up on the thread a number of times, and every time it becomes a protracted, sometimes heated, debate about the merits of updating versus not updating. Those who are against updating the OP feel that doing so only provides lurkers, hoarders, and people who will "steal" the info and repost it to SD or another site with too easy access. For better or worse, it's always those who are against keeping the information in the OP updated who are the most vocal; to add to that, the person who maintains the OP falls on their side of the argument.

Of course, a lot of those people are huge hypocrites, and will then post about how they grabbed ten copies of something for flipping. But that's another discussion for another time.

Personally, I'm not even really sure where I stand on the issue -- I've heard good (and lame) arguments on both sides. It is what it is. Regardless, it's not just a matter of having someone willing to do the work to maintain the thread.

bread's done
Back