YMMV - Prey for $19.99 - Walmart

Ryan035

CAG Veteran
just looking at the games rack and noticed prey for 20 bucks at walmart, thought about getting it but no sense since my 360 is in for repair for 4-6 weeks!

Why do you say 4-6 weeks? Did they email you, I ask because mine's being repaired too. Annoys me since I shelled out for an extended warranty for nothing, reference to the 3 years warranty add-on for the three red rings.

[quote name='Ryan035']just looking at the games rack and noticed prey for 20 bucks at walmart, thought about getting it but no sense since my 360 is in for repair for 4-6 weeks![/quote]

That was kind of foolish seeing you will get your 360 back and if you wanted it ,the game may not be the same price when you look for it.. $20 is a deal for a 360 game.

not foolish, needed the cash for things right now, and your welcome for the tip, i say 4-6 weeks because i called them, and your warranty still covers things like the dvd tray not working the new 3 year doesnt only 3 rings.

I just bought the CE of Prey mistagged at an EB/GS the other week, and just started playing it last night. It's okay for a FPS, but don't know if I'd be willing to blow $20 on it, looking back. Just a friendly heads up!

i've played it, its got some interesting elements in it. but it can be very dizzing as you can change the direction of gravity (i can't play it for extended periods of time). Overall its an average game. It may be worth 20 if your a FPS fan

[quote name='ihadFG']Hmmm...I may be one of the few people that thought Prey was worth full price.[/quote]

When I had my 360 I purchased Prey for $50.00 and I was very happy with it.

It's $19.82 at every Wal-Mart i've been to lately. Its not a universal price drop, but I know for a fact it has been this way at wal-mart for atleast 2 months, because my roommate looked at it and was going to get it, and that was some time ago.

I'm in for that price - I'll check m,y local WM tomorrow. I rented it a while back, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It seemed worth $20.

If you guys can't find it in the Electronics department, check up front, there should be a rack with a bunch of DVDs and CDs, one of the small sides is games, and that's where it is at my store. Not sure if it's supposed to go there or if they just needed to fill a spot with a $19.82 game.

[quote name='ihadFG']Hmmm...I may be one of the few people that thought Prey was worth full price.[/QUOTE]

I agree (even tho I didn't pay full price, it is worth it). I just played it about 3 months back, after a friend went on & on about how good it was. He was right. It starts off a little slow, but when it kicked in it (around the plane, to be really vague) it never let go. Awesome game.

bread's done
Back