YMMV - PS3 - Motorstorm 2 $32 + others at Blockbuster B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

weareattack

CAGiversary!
My apologies if this is a repost - I went in a Blockbuster to get rid of an old giftcard when I noticed a few deals. Only the Motorstorm 2 is really worth mentioning but here is what I can recall..

All games are New:

PS3 - Motorstorm 2 for $32

PS3 - Heavenly Sword for $32

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4 for $37

PS3/360 - Saints Row 2 $44

360 - Mass Effect for $20

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can anyone else confirm this? Motorstorm 2 for $32 is a GREAT price.[/quote]

I'm going to a BBV in a few minutes here in Renton, WA. I'll let you guys know if I find some of these prices there. Would love to pick up Motorstorm 2, especially since it supports Trophies!

As far as I could tell it was for a brand new copy. My blockbuster keeps their new games they sell seperate from their preplayed games - which I never bothered looking through. I passed on the deal since I'm not that fond of racing games. This is in Colorado Springs, CO if that helps any.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow might head to blockbuster tomorrow, i been wanting motorstorm 2 very bad.... i have a pass with them and i have rented it like 8 times in the past month.

This has got to be regional/YMMV.

Even the store I went to last week that was closing didn't clear out the game for anywhere near that price.

[quote name='gunm']This has got to be regional/YMMV.

Even the store I went to last week that was closing didn't clear out the game for anywhere near that price.[/quote]

Closing store might just not have repriced with all the other stuff to do. I'll check at my store tomorrow.

[quote name='mkernan']I just called my local store and had them look it up. They said $59.99. So, its def. YMMV.[/quote]

To be fair, it's best to have them scan it in for you. If they just look at the tag, it might not reflect the true price. I'll try and confirm this for my area, but I'm not hopeful.

[quote name='gunm']To be fair, it's best to have them scan it in for you. If they just look at the tag, it might not reflect the true price. I'll try and confirm this for my area, but I'm not hopeful.[/quote]

Notice I said "look it up" as in look it up in the computer, which would obviously be more accurate than looking at the tag. I'm well aware.

hey great post! thanks for that... are the deals still going and are they any new ones?
CAGsmily!.gif

Holy sh*t @ Motorstorm price if true. I might need to make a trip to Blockbuster tomorrow. Heck, even the BB deal is nice too. This was EXACTLY what I was waiting for. Thanks!

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Can you Trade-In games at BB? If that is the case, then Im taking my 2 copies of Golden Axe I got from Amazon for 13. hehehe[/quote]

Yes you can, but only for store credit or on a giftcard(which is fine for your intentions). I dont remember the buy back price but you can always call ahead and ask.

I have been so irresponsible with my money ever since I found this site. But that's not going to stop me from finding out if my store has a copy of MS2 for $32.

Tried to find Motorstorm 2 but all gone, MGS4 was there for 37 but was lucky and got it for 19.99 at RS, did pick up FEAR files for $9. Might try another store.

[quote name='akokonas']Just called motorstorm is 60 dollars and that's in Chicago area[/quote]

Have them scan it

called 3 and they keep saying 59 .99 i know they arent scanning it but what do i say "can you please scan it" im gonna sound weird saying that to them.

Motorstorm Pacific 60.00 in south Florida.... I called for availability prior to the 10 mile drive ,and was told yes in stock and should be 32.00. I drove and when I get there he says oh its 60 dollars, but I saw a game list and I know it was on it. He couldnt find it and said how did you know about it....I told him I had got an email. So he hooked me up. I was really surprised.

Knoxville, TN area - Called and said I was in the store a few days ago and was told to hold off on the purchase because there would be an unadvertised sale on the game in a few days. Told them the game itself had to be physically scanned to show the correct price. They scanned it and it came up 59.99 :(

(Did this over the phone so I had to think of a way to get them to scan it)

so this is for a brand new copy or used? I asked and they said its not available used yet only new..

There is already a thread for Blockbuster game prices and there are a TON of brand new games for much cheaper than retail. What about Super Mario Galaxy for $24.99 OP? You missed that one ;).

It appears the Motorstorm price, which is the focus of this thread, was a mistag most likely. BBV prices are NOT YMMV - invariably when people find different prices it is because of a mistag (which is not YMMV as it only happens at one place and can't be duplicated) or it is because the store is a franchise store which means it doesn't apply outside of a very small area.

In any case, continue discussion here if desired:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

If anyone can get MS2 to ring up $32.99 at a regular (nojn-franchise) Blockbuster I will add it to the list in the OP of the Blockbuster thread. Until then it stays off... But check out the list in the OP of that thread for a lot more deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back