YMMV Sony Style stores closing? 30% off PS/PSP games/accessories

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure how widespread this is, but the Sony Style store at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL is closing. All PlayStation hardware, software, and accessories are 30% off. No PS3s, but they had Hannah Montana PSP-3000 systems for $140 and PSP Go systems for $175.

Also, all Blu-ray movies are buy 1 get 2 free.

Might be worth it to check if you have a Sony Style in your neck of the woods.

Represent! Elmhurst here! Defiantly going to have to check this out, did they have PS3 controllers by chance?

You can still do better shopping around on the net, Sony stores are rip off retail to start. Where many of those games and Hardware are reduced already everywhere.

They're renovating a lot of Sony Style stores to look radically different from before. I don't think they're closing them down, perhaps are consolidating.

[quote name='troy2007']Any blurays worth looking at? How was the selection?[/QUOTE]

The shelves were pretty full, but they had a lot of copies of the same movies. There were a couple of Pursuit of Happyness, as well as Planet Earth, both of which I already own.

[quote name='tightclaws']You can still do better shopping around on the net, Sony stores are rip off retail to start. Where many of those games and Hardware are reduced already everywhere.[/QUOTE]

If you can find a brand-new PSP Go for $175 without going to Craigslist or eBay, go for it.

I was there this morning. They have:
Blood and chocolate
HSM3
CJ7
You don't mess with the zohan
Rescue me ssn 3
Benchwarmers
Gridiron gang
Perfect stranger
Paranormal activity
Sleuth
First Sunday
Harry potter 5
7 years in tibet
Replacement killers

And more. Nothing newer than paranormal activity

I wouldn't have minded driving out to Woodfield mall to take advantage of this. Too bad I don't own a PS3 or a Bluray player at all. This would have been pretty cool. But yeah, last I remember going to that mall everything was overpriced ;( Not just the Sony store haha. I guess I'm too cheap, though.

Picked up a pspgo (175), 32gb memory stick duo (99), mag for ps3 (42), 3 copies of MLB 10 the show for psp (40 total) since the psp games were buy 1 get 2 free.

Last edited by a moderator:
The store in Cincinnati (Kenwood Towne Center) is closing also. I got an email saying their last day is March 31st.

All games are 60% off at the Old Orchard store (Illinois). Got a couple of good deals there (look below), they also had about 5 copies of GT5 CE for $100 before discount.

LLjx3.jpg

[quote name='Shimrra']Hmm I have to see if the Sony store in Manhattan is still around. Haven't been there in sometime.[/QUOTE]

Go there to check out the renovated gaming space on the lower floor. Quite nice! However, it won't be closing any time in the near future.

bread's done
Back