YMMV Uncharted 3 CE converted used @ Gamestop(extras being given/thrown away)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NO STEELBOX INCLUDED

Gamestop being Gamestop instead of dropping the price of the CE they so wisely decided to convert the "new" copies to used & they'll either just give away the extras or throw them away. I was able to score 1 yesterday(8/27) looks like this just started towards days end & with all the Midnight Madden stuff alot of GS employees weren't able to start doing this so act fast.
Good Hunting

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-collectors-edition/91256

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVEliR65I9E

Dammit, apparently most the stores in the district had to send back all the extra stuff. I guess to keep them from giving it away lol.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dammit, apparently most the stores in the district had to send back all the extra stuff. I guess to keep them from giving it away lol.[/QUOTE]

That's what they want you to think...

[quote name='JayRooster']That's what they want you to think...[/QUOTE]

Considering all the hookups my store has given me lately, i believe them lol

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Website said that the two Gamestops closest to me have "low stock" of the CE but when I called both said they didn't have any in stock. One of the dudes sounded very genuine but the other one sounded like a lying asshole. I think I'm going to go give his Gamestop a visit.[/QUOTE]

lol ur wasting ur time they are gonna have it stashed but let me know if u have luck that would be awesome to go cream in his face, gamestop employees come in three kinds...oblivious ones that dont know jack which im ok with, then there are the ones that are total assholes, then there are the awesome ones u can have a genuine convo about video games.

godddd went through hell to get mine, here in memphis tn. looked online to see which stored still had it and the one 5 minutes away from me had it. so i went to the store and asked the guy and he looked around and had 2 brand new one sitting on the shelf. didnt tell me them that they were selling used. he tried to ring it up but wouldnt show up on the computer. then i told him they were selling them used and he didnt believe me and laugh. he said he would called another gamestop around to see if he could get the real price and to call back later. so i called 3 times and he said no other gamestop knew what i was talking about. so i went to another gamestop 20 minutes away and the dude knew about the deal, but didnt have any in. i asked him to called my other gamestop and tell them cause they would not believe me and he did. finally went to picked it up. i really dont see how people payed $100 for this. in my opinion...not worth it. but for $18 bucks i think its worth it.

Interesting, So according to the GS inventory checker, it said my local GS should have UC3 CE brand new in-stock (not low stock or anything). I went in today and they said that they gutted everything out last friday so they don't have anymore new copies of it anymore... Not really sure who to believe, the website or the employees @_@ gonna try a different GS tmr and see what they say..

Got mine - thanks OP. GS clerk was super surprised and was all like, "Oh, you get that one lucky day."

Pfft, jerk. Anyway, $18.xx after tax and 10% off. Still sealed.

113D1854-AE00-40F7-9671-32AAAD2A44D4-1553-0000012FE4ACFA40.jpg

[quote name='ken9']Interesting, So according to the GS inventory checker, it said my local GS should have UC3 CE brand new in-stock (not low stock or anything). I went in today and they said that they gutted everything out last friday so they don't have anymore new copies of it anymore... Not really sure who to believe, the website or the employees @_@ gonna try a different GS tmr and see what they say..[/QUOTE]
Believe the employee this time as the website has not (and will not be) been updated for new copies of UC3 CE since it was converted to used.

I dont want to be mean, but the fat prick employee wouldnt sell me one.

I asked if they had any copies left. I told him they were on sale and he laughed "if they were on sale the employees would be the first to get their hands on the goodies haha"

The look on his face when he rang it up... "Ummm we cant actually sell you this"

I asked why, and he couldnt give a straight answer "...bro, i could if i would, but if anything id have to take it apart and just give you the game"

Assuming his fat ass just took it home that night. I wouldnt be so angry if it wasnt for the fact that they had about 5 damn COMPLETELY NEW collectors editions!!

Oh well, might try another store today :/ i dunno

[quote name='Joshe']I dont want to be mean, but the fat prick employee wouldnt sell me one.

I asked if they had any copies left. I told him they were on sale and he laughed "if they were on sale the employees would be the first to get their hands on the goodies haha"

The look on his face when he rang it up... "Ummm we cant actually sell you this"

I asked why, and he couldnt give a straight answer "...bro, i could if i would, but if anything id have to take it apart and just give you the game"

Assuming his fat ass just took it home that night. I wouldnt be so angry if it wasnt for the fact that they had about 5 damn COMPLETELY NEW collectors editions!!

Oh well, might try another store today :/ i dunno[/QUOTE]

Technically he was right, it is not their policy to give away free stuff, it is up to the employees descretion without DM oversite, just don't make a big stink over it because DM's oversite always mean no. But try a different employee next time you are at the same store, you may get a more friendly employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one last night. Asked if they had the U3 CE, girl gets a funny look on her face, goes to the back and brings one out telling me "you'll never believe how lucky you are." $18.99 for a sealed CE. Nice.

TBH, the extras are pretty crap. I like the steelbook though.

i should have waited for the GOTY, but I am always a sucker for a sale so I grabbed the CE for 18. I traded my vanilla a few months ago for over $30 and have been missing it ever since. Maybe I can sell the whole thing for $20+shipping once the goty comes out.

just snag a new sealed 1 at my local store. the girl that ring me up with those shot and was like wow you're lucky today I am going to have to grab me 1 of you now

Since this thread has more chat about the uc3 ce, gonna copy my post from last night in the other thread.

"Just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see."

I even went ahead and mentioned that "my friend from up north" said it should be converted to used, but he said he didn't see it in his communications from corporate. *sigh*

Thanks OP!

Walked into my only close GS today that I know only had one left and walked out with a complete collectors edition for $18.44. The employee working was pissed that he didn't catch it. He even told me how he gets first dibs and buys up every collectors edition he can even if it's for the 360 which he doesn't own.

[quote name='godsmack13']Since this thread has more chat about the uc3 ce, gonna copy my post from last night in the other thread.

"Just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see."

I even went ahead and mentioned that "my friend from up north" said it should be converted to used, but he said he didn't see it in his communications from corporate. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

That happened to me as well. The clerk tried to scan both "NEW" price stickers and it would not scan. Another employee knew it was converted and told her to scan the UPC symbol and when it worked, she was amazed at the "deal".

Thanks so much got myself a statue n belt buckle. Ill have to play the games now which means I need a PS3. This is ridiculous though lets just throw crap away good job gamestop I didnt believe this for a while.

[quote name='ken9']Interesting, So according to the GS inventory checker, it said my local GS should have UC3 CE brand new in-stock (not low stock or anything). I went in today and they said that they gutted everything out last friday so they don't have anymore new copies of it anymore... Not really sure who to believe, the website or the employees @_@ gonna try a different GS tmr and see what they say..[/QUOTE]

Believe the employees the inventory takes at least 24hrs to update. Also it gets changed when they get checked out the CE are not getting checked out just destroyed. Wait for corporate gamestop to clear the system and then it'll be accurate.

Hey your just going to the wrong gamestop. I called mine and they said they had one statue left but nothing else. I come in and they found the buckle for me, anyone could have said fuck this guy I want a statue but they didn't.

[quote name='Desousa93']Thanks so much got myself a statue n belt buckle. Ill have to play the games now which means I need a PS3. This is ridiculous though lets just throw crap away good job gamestop I didnt believe this for a while.[/QUOTE]

All stores do it eventually. When stuff is sitting on the shelf for months and people don't buy it for the MSRP than it is eventually throw or given away. Luckily you have deal hunters like us that "recycle" for them :lol:

my gamestop has plenty left but I don't see why anyone would want a belt buckle they're never gonna use and a cheap ugly plastic figure thats just gonna take up space.

[quote name='boostlag']my gamestop has plenty left but I don't see why anyone would want a belt buckle they're never gonna use and a cheap ugly plastic figure thats just gonna take up space.[/QUOTE]

Obviously not an Uncharted fan^

[quote name='boostlag']I love uncharted, just not a fan of shitty collectors editions.[/QUOTE]

If you say so. All items symbolize Uncharted greatly so I don't understand your hate for it but can't please everyone.

[quote name='Yigytugd']If you say so. All items symbolize Uncharted greatly so I don't understand your hate for it but can't please everyone.[/QUOTE]

Even the buckle? I don't recall anyone in the serious ever mention how Nates buckle was pasted down from Drake through the centuries.

If they wanted to put something wearable to show you bought the collectors edition/huge fan a t-shirt/attachable watchband/show laces would have been better, hell the ring could be wearable. A large belt buckle just seem tacky where I am from and would never wear it.

[quote name='boostlag']I love uncharted, just not a fan of shitty collectors editions.[/QUOTE]

This ones pretty decent, not worth 100 bucks though, no CE's are worth 100. Steelbook,statue, and ring. They should of replaced the buckle with an artbook, since they already had the ring. Less quality ones would have include digital crap and advertised it as a bonus.

[quote name='nixmahn']Even the buckle? I don't recall anyone in the serious ever mention how Nates buckle was pasted down from Drake through the centuries.

If they wanted to put something wearable to show you bought the collectors edition/huge fan a t-shirt/attachable watchband/show laces would have been better, hell the ring could be wearable. A large belt buckle just seem tacky where I am from and would never wear it.

This ones pretty decent, not worth 100 bucks though, no CE's are worth 100. Steelbook,statue, and ring. They should of replaced the buckle with an artbook, since they already had the ring. Less quality ones would have include digital crap and advertised it as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

I do agree that the buckle should have been replaced with something else, still its a nice item that I see most Drake cosplayers wear. Not gonna hate when its a great Collector's Edition. Not worth $100 but the statue alone makes up that price.

I'm happy I returned it when I brought the CE on launch and got this for $20 yesterday. Worth it.

[quote name='kylerg']Played Uncharted 1. Not played 2. Wonder if this is across the street from me in Hilliard.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Joshe']I dont want to be mean, but the fat prick employee wouldnt sell me one.

Oh well, might try another store today :/ i dunno[/QUOTE]

I GUARENTEE thats what happened. The gamestop i used to work in was like that. Any new to used CE was always taken by the employees. My manager would even hide items until they got converted to take themselves.

My money is on he took all 5 and ebayed. Its against GS policy to resell something you got from them using employee discount, but it never stopped anyone.

There was one guy who would take all the penny stuff like 8 copies of the same strat guide, he would pull his truck around back and load up, ebaying them later for 10 bucks a pop. Sounds like you have a bad local GS.

You should have told him if he doesnt sell you it you will cancel pre orders if you have them, or buy a couple of 99 cent ps2 games and hit him negatively on the survey. He would have caved in no time.

So if it's in stock, what do I do? Ask them to gut it for me, or just try to buy it (does it ring up dirt cheap?)?

[quote name='kylerg']Played Uncharted 1. Not played 2. Wonder if this is across the street from me in Hilliard.[/QUOTE]

If you liked 1, you'll love 2 (one of the greatest if not the greatest games of all time), 3 is not better than 2 and story feels rush and incomplete but but still great action adventure game.

[quote name='iaacp']So if it's in stock, what do I do? Ask them to gut it for me, or just try to buy it (does it ring up dirt cheap?)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nixmahn']What you do is say "I checked online and it says you have blh blah available." That way they either check for you if they are not in the know. If they flat out deny you then they know and don't want to be hassled/keeping it themselves or already checked it already. [/QUOTE]

Have them scan the UPC on the box

Uncharted 2 is the best in the series imo. UC3 was little bit too short, full of itself and frustrating, UC2 was amazing from beginning to end.

[quote name='juanawoman']If you people hate the CE items so much, they are going for around 20-30 dollars on eBay seperately.[/QUOTE]

thats for ring and buckle. Buckle is like 5-8 bucks itself, not worth the hassle

I was at BestBuy last Friday and noticed a shelf price card below a stack of Gears of War 3 Prima guides, that read 01 cents. I stopped a store manager and confirmed this was correct. "Yeah, they were on Clearance, I should probably throw them out, shouldn't even be there."

Even though I beat the game, I offered to take the stack of 4 guides off his hands. Went I went to pay for them, they showed up: "Item Not For Sale." They called back to the manager and he told them to "just give them to him." NICE! I handed them out to Xbox 360 friends at work the next day.

[quote name='iaacp']So if it's in stock, what do I do? Ask them to gut it for me, or just try to buy it (does it ring up dirt cheap?)?[/QUOTE]

It's best to call a store, ask if they have it. If they do, ask them to hold it for you and than go in. It will ring up as $17.99. If it doesn't, say that the item was converted to used and other stores are ringing up as $17.99. Say that you just came from a few but they sold out and they are the only ones that have one left. Tr your best to stay there until you get it if they try to turn you away.

I had to do that yesterday to get a copy at one of the stores I went to.

Couldn't score it for dirt cheap from GS, but found a person on Craigslist that sold me his for $40. It was at least brand new, pristine condition with the seals still intact and no shelf wear. He even included the blue BB bag with it. Dude probably scored it for $29.99 like the BB site says, picked it up, and he flipped it and made an easy almost $10 from me.

Either that or he needed the money for baby stuff since he had 2 car seats in his car.

[quote name='nixmahn']Even the buckle? I don't recall anyone in the serious ever mention how Nates buckle was pasted down from Drake through the centuries....[/QUOTE]

As far as I remember they make a new buckle design for each game; it seems someone in ND has a belt fetish. I believe I heard this one symbolizes good luck.

Anyways, seems all 8 stores close to me have low stock and one that is some way away has in stock from whenever the last time the ce page got updated. Will try to find it at the walking distance one.

bread's done
Back