YMMV - Walmart Black Friday Game sales beyond BF Stock!

Mysticales

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey all. Today I learned something very useful. It appears that walmart has been inconsistent with their sale prices right now which is handy. Today I went to grab a copy of the Kirby game for 35$. Now the BF display was already sold out. But it turns out that game and many others are not a separate UPC! You can find that out using the walmart app and scan the price tag on their displays to get the deals still!

Also depending how your walmart did its display. You may get an extra discount!
Managed to get Xenoblade and Paper Mario for 25$ after they saw what happened. Right now they are not digging too deep into it either because their DVD and bluray sales they have to manually adjust as well due to their system not having it kept the BF sale prices. So if you saw something you wanted. Go check it out before sales over.

Attaching couple pics to show what I snagged. Also for those with kids. Peppa Pig on the switch. Can get on sale when they match their online listing for 25$

[attachment=36433:Screenshot_20211127-143229_Walmart.jpg][attachment=36434:Screenshot_20211127-143249_Gallery.jpg][attachment=36435:Screenshot_20211126-094006_Walmart.jpg]

I see these games with the sticker at WM all the time but I've never seen that display with the prices... I can never be bothered to find someone to check the prices on them either and when I do, they say "price is right on the sticker" which is the standard WM price. 

Yea but seems if they mislabeled the sticker. They will give you the sticker price. Also if it doesn't have a sticker but is a black friday game that's already been sold of its dedicated stock. You may still be able to getbit from their normal stock which shouldn't be on sale but is. :)

Yea but seems if they mislabeled the sticker. They will give you the sticker price. Also if it doesn't have a sticker but is a black friday game that's already been sold of its dedicated stock. You may still be able to getbit from their normal stock which shouldn't be on sale but is. :)
i don't recall walmart ever using special upc's for the black friday games so the games in the glass cases always worked.

i don't recall walmart ever using special upc's for the black friday games so the games in the glass cases always worked.
They haven't ever, at least in my area. That still never stop the employee script of telling me that it won't ring up the BF price that I hear every year, yet it always does. They scan the upc so unless they put a new upc sticker over the old one or the even less likely had a speical case printed up just for this particular sale it's always going to ring up the same.

They haven't ever, at least in my area. That still never stop the employee script of telling me that it won't ring up the BF price that I hear every year, yet it always does. They scan the upc so unless they put a new upc sticker over the old one or the even less likely had a speical case printed up just for this particular sale it's always going to ring up the same.
Ditto. I'd always go in at 11am and get the games because the prices were already live even though the sale didn't technically start til 6pm.

My store had the same display box full of games with the colored dots. Found a copy of Hot Wheels Unleashed with the car/steel book in the glass case for $25 for switch. They also had Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart for $39.

Yea I asked about the hot wheels game too. Was some sorta thing they were told to do. Think to prevent theft. That car is a collectors item on ebay. Was tempted to get it but having it already with the car for ps5 is better anyways.

Also fun fact. I learned gamestop is price matching others black friday deals.

The one Walmart I did go to looking for a clearance game didn't have any bins with games out. The manager in electronics started locking the clearance games in the cages behind the registers because of theft. That may be why games weren't on the floor at that particular store.

As for price matching or price adjustments, there's maybe one store nearby that *might* be willing to do it. The other nearby stores I don't see being so willing or flexible in that regard. Cheers to those who can get in on the deals like the OP.

Keep in mind to those not finding a bin. Look in normal game section. Scan the baroda in the case. Those may ring up for same black friday price. If it does show bf price. Just have the employee ensure they match their website price. Vola you win. If not ask gamestop to price match.

Keep in mind to those not finding a bin. Look in normal game section. Scan the baroda in the case. Those may ring up for same black friday price. If it does show bf price. Just have the employee ensure they match their website price. Vola you win. If not ask gamestop to price match.
Doesn’t matter if the games have a “sticker” on them, are in the case, or laying on the floor in the toy section they ring up sale price because they’re on sale.

A few years back I used to pick out all my games on Thanksgiving morning at BF prices. But if waiting too long by afternoon they clear them out of all the cases so they could put them in the back and put stickers on them.

bread's done
Back