Yo! What is up with all the PSP Ports to the PS2!

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
I see a trend here. I was just on Gamefaqs.com looking at the reviews for Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice for the PSP. Next to it was the same game but under the PS2 category. I clicked on the link for the Pics, and there was the PS2 picture of the game case. Because of this trend, the PS2 is going to have a longer life span than we all may have expected.

Of course this has its Pros and Cons. But I was so psyched when I heard that Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters was coming out on 3/11/08 for the PS2. I own every one, including Future Tools of Destruction. Let's face it, some games should not be ported over, but let's look at the other possibilities here. God of War: Chains of Olympus, I guarantee we will see this one in a few months on the PS2. And what about Patapon, or even Daxter. If nothing else, Sony is going to cake off of this. Personally, I think it's a good idea. Wooooo! Chains of Olympus!

I don't know how I feel about it, but I hope this trend doesn't hurt the PSP as I think it's a solid gaming system and would like a lot more great content to come out for it.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think it's already been confirmed that GoW: CoO will NOT be ported.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this from? GOW developer said they won't be making any more games for PSP and PS2 to focus on PS3. Which means Sony can still allow another company to port it.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think it's already been confirmed that GoW: CoO will NOT be ported.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Ready At Dawn said it wasn't happening.

Oh well, one can hope. Either way, I am ok with it. If I want the PS2 experience, I will just use my cables to hook it up to my TV. Also, that title deserves to be a stand alone title, not to be ported over. I think if GOW:CoO was ported to the PS2 it would loose some of its spark and aura as a AAA title. But if it were to be ported, I'm all over it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Yep, Ready At Dawn said it wasn't happening.[/QUOTE]

Boo!

Here's hoping COO doesn't stay at 39.99 as long as GoW2 has.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Yep, Ready At Dawn said it wasn't happening.[/quote]

Shinji Mikami, in an interview with a Japanese magazine, claimed that he would "cut [his own] head off" if Resident Evil 4 came to the PlayStation 2.

We've been down this road before.

[quote name='camoor']We've been down this road before.[/quote]

Yet one more reason why I'm leaving it as rumored on the other thread. EGM's rumor mill has been awfully accurate on a lot of things as of late and this is one of the things they predicted.

I never got into the God of War series myself, but I'm sure a port would make a lot of people rather happy.

I usually just buy the PSP versions. Even if you wait for a PS2 version (assuming you have a PSP), you can pick up the PSP version for much cheaper. I kind of wish they would stop porting them over, but I understand they want to increase that $$$.

bread's done
Back