You are limited to one game this holiday season, what game do you buy?

should have made a poll!

in any case, add another :360:MW2 to the list. i wonder if l4d2's sales will suffer since it's coming out a week after mw2. who has time to really devote to both?

[quote name='Ryukahn']:psp: Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days[/QUOTE]

That comes out next week :D So unless the holidays is now "Labor Day".

For me, its Dragon Age probably.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Shining Force III.

What, it's the same price as a new game!!![/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to play it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SF 1 and especially SF 2!

[quote name='bvharris']That comes out next week :D So unless the holidays is now "Labor Day".

For me, its Dragon Age probably.[/QUOTE]

Should have been more specific then, as I tend to include Sept-Dec as the holiday shopping season. If we are talking only Nov-Dec then it would be :pc: Dragon Age Origins, though it's the only game I plan to buy in that timeframe anyway.

MW2
Though I am very excited for AC2

EDIT: After seeing new footage of AC2, I'll choose it over MW2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon Age or Demon Souls

Granted if I was limited to one game in reality, I'd likely resubscribe to World of Warcraft as I'd get far more value doing that then purchasing a new game.

Demon's Souls - PS3 : I really hope that this lives up to my expectations. I just watched the video that Atlus sent out today and thus far, things are looking very good.

I'm really disappointed in you guys...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's 2D Mario for Pete's sake.

Runner-up: Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time

I don't, I use that money to buy 2-3 great games that were released a few months ago, but have now dropped in price while all the gamers salivate about the new games that just came out last week.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm really disappointed in you guys...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's 2D Mario for Pete's sake.

Runner-up: Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I'm sick of Mario. I'm tired of slide-scrolling platformers but I'm especially sick of the name Mario. Nintendo has totally worn that name out.

Uncharted 2 gets my vote. The single player is going to be awesome, but don't underestimate the MP. A lot of people assume the MP as an afterthought, but we're talking about naughty dog here, I played the beta and it was addicting as crack. MW2 is great, but where else can you climb up a building and throw someone off and instantly kill them in a MP? Good shit.

Of course If I could choose one for each platform, MW2 gets my 360 vote, and maybe NSMB for the WIi.

[quote name='Halo05']Demon's Souls - PS3 : I really hope that this lives up to my expectations. I just watched the video that Atlus sent out today and thus far, things are looking very good.[/QUOTE]Yeah, my friend imported a copy back in February and it was pretty awesome.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Sorry, but I'm sick of Mario. I'm tired of slide-scrolling platformers but I'm especially sick of the name Mario. Nintendo has totally worn that name out.[/QUOTE]

There hasn't been a true 2D Mario home console game since Super Mario World... I'm sorry that you feel that way though.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Sorry, but I'm sick of Mario. I'm tired of slide-scrolling platformers but I'm especially sick of the name Mario. Nintendo has totally worn that name out.[/QUOTE]

agreed. the only thing they could do to make me remotely interested in a mario game is if they were able to do a 3d version of mario 3. then id be curious but i still wouldnt buy a wii to play it.

I want to say Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, but really, I'll have to go with...

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. I love Ratchet and Clank, even Deadlocked, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Forza 3. But that comes out October, which isn't quite the holiday season, so I'll have to go with Gran Turismo 5 since it's "supposed" to come out in December.

Modern Warfare 2, with Uncharted 2 right behind it. I'm sure Uncharted will have the better story and while I enjoy the multiplayer, I doubt I'll come back to it as much as I do CoD6

Tekken 6 if it counts as holiday, especially after playing it all day for two days at pax.

Otherwise I might go with MW2 or AC2

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I'm surprised no one said TMNT smash-up yet. I heard it's almost exactly like Smash Bros, so I'd thought that would get a mention or two.[/QUOTE]

It looks OKAY

I'll see how well the PS3 version of Dragon Age performs, or if it could perform half-decently on my laptop, but if not, Uncharted 2!

bread's done
Back