You bought an N-Gage, didn't you?

I sure as hell did!

I bought a bunch of games, and I'm having a blast with it. One or two games I could do with out (from what I played so far), so perhaps someone here might want them.

But that is not the point of this topic....it is for everyone who has an N-Gage!

I'm surprised at the number of people who flocked out to get this often bashed console/phone, due to the low price, and the fact that there are some decent games. It can cost someone $3 or more to download a simple Java game to their phone, or for $3 you can get X-Men Legends, The Sims, Worms, King of the Fighters, etc.

I think that there will be a small sub-culture within gaming of people who bought N-Gage at this point in it's life.

BTW, I brought my N-Gage on campus today, and it was interesting. The guys were like "meh", but several girls wanted to check it out. Two said that they wanted one, but their boyfriends told them not to bother. Perhaps if there was a pink version, it would have sold better!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wrong forum, no gaming threads here. This should be in the old school forum.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I wasn't sure about it. Can I move it, or do I have to wait for a mod to move it?

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Ah, I wasn't sure about it. Can I move it, or do I have to wait for a mod to move it?[/QUOTE]
Send a PM to Shrike and he'll move it for you.

It's a shame my local EB sent off all the N-Gage stuff before the gmes hit $6.99. I keep forgetting to look for them when I go out of town, which sucks because I've wanted one for a while now.

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Wait, how is this old school? I think games were still coming out in 2005, but for sure 2004.[/quote]

Games are still coming out, you just can only buy them from nokia's official site.

Though anyone want to get me a system? I have 30 games but no system :cry: . I'm too cheap to pay 50 and can't find one for 20.

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Wait, how is this old school? I think games were still coming out in 2005, but for sure 2004.[/QUOTE]
The other half of the Old School forum's name is Other Systems. Since the N-Gage doesn't fit into Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo's forums, it oes into the Old School forum.

what's weird is that i got my n-gage a week before this deal popped up. got it free from letstalk.com by adding a second line to my wife's account. this deal has come in handy for games though...

it's a good phone (would have been better if it used a newer rev of symbian and had more onboard storage. i am surprise at the quality of some games (look good, truly optimized for the n-gage) while others look like crappy java-based ports (JUMPY framrate, etc)

I remember when the n-gage came out, and I was like "wow, I want that...but not at that price" and every now and then I'd check in on the prices. In the past two years, I've gotten new phones from Cingluar. When there I ask if they had an N-Gage (thinking I could get a deal on it, like with the other phones) and they didn't even carry it. Also, this thing has a nice LOUD ringer, and speaker phone!

bread's done
Back