You can now pre order Final Fantasy XIII xbox 360 bundle at Gamestop

killer9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77101

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/0088537012327_AV_500X500.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/0088537012327_AV2_500X500.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/0088537012327_AV1_500X500.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/majestic17681/0088537012327_500X500.jpg

This Final Fantasy XIII Bundle includes the following items:
  • Xbox 360 Elite Console
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive
  • 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet cable
  • 1 Standard definition Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
For 399.99 not bad

added pix

Last edited by a moderator:
With system, I like to buy mine at amazon just to avoid tax. Tax on this will be $40. I remember paying just $12 or $17 for next day delivery on my PS3... convenience + still a net saving.

so for $100 i get FFXIII, a wireless controller, and an ethernet cable over a regular elite set? good times

does the console have some unique art?

Im reserving one tommorow. Though, im not sure if this is true (I asked a manager who i knew pretty well), she claims that the Face Plate comes with the console even if you reserve it there. Also, she mentioned something about a free Skin for the console too. (She wasnt sure seeing as she had just heard about it that morning, and had been overwhelmed with calls)

[quote name='fff398']so for $100 i get FFXIII, a wireless controller, and an ethernet cable over a regular elite set? good times

does the console have some unique art?[/QUOTE]

no art on the console, the hdd has Final Fantasy XIII etched on it.

[quote name='fff398']so for $100 i get FFXIII, a wireless controller, and an ethernet cable over a regular elite set? good times

does the console have some unique art?[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting more than double the hard drive space. So, it's actually a pretty good deal for an extra $100.

Its still a damn good deal though

The console would cost 200 (300 if your counting it as an Elite)
100 for the 2 controllers
60 bucks for FF13
not to mention the fact the hard-drive would easily cost 150+

So your saving atleast a good 100 dollars. Its a great deal (Especially for me, since i have been wanting to get off my 20 Gig Drive for ages, planned to buy FF13 anyway, and can trade my old 360 in toward it)

[quote name='zenintrude']No face plate + dealing with GameStop = Lose.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wasabi5858']With system, I like to buy mine at amazon just to avoid tax. Tax on this will be $40. I remember paying just $12 or $17 for next day delivery on my PS3... convenience + still a net saving.[/QUOTE]

If you guys dont like the bundle he posted thats fine, but if your not going to say thanks or say anything positive then dont say anything at all. He was posting stuff to help people, if all people can make is discouraging remarks when people try to support the cag community then some of them will get tired of trying and stop posting on here and that defeats the purpose of this site.

Im reminded of that saying, something about not shitting where you eat.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its still a damn good deal though

The console would cost 200 (300 if your counting it as an Elite)
100 for the 2 controllers
60 bucks for FF13
not to mention the fact the hard-drive would easily cost 150+

So your saving atleast a good 100 dollars. Its a great deal (Especially for me, since i have been wanting to get off my 20 Gig Drive for ages, planned to buy FF13 anyway, and can trade my old 360 in toward it)[/QUOTE]

You can't really include both of the controllers in your calculation, since you get one with a normal 360 system anyway.

If it wasn't for the fact that I want FF13 on PS3, I might consider upgrading my old Elite, but I just can't justify it for the price.

[quote name='fff398']btw your not getting an extra harddrive. the console has a 250gb drive in it.[/QUOTE]

You get double the hard drive space over the Elite. And if MS does ever release the 250GB drive on its own, you know it's going to retail for $150+.

[quote name='fff398']btw your not getting an extra harddrive. the console has a 250gb drive in it.[/QUOTE]

Uh no o_O, all the pictures (Even the one that showed the engraved drive), showed it just as if it were a regular drive. An internal drive would be fail, and would make it impossible to transfer data (Which they know is a selling point)

Scratch that, didnt understand how he stated that >_>, thought he meant that the Memory was internal or something

It's not that it's a bad idea but it's a horribly lazy bundle. When they offered the COD MW2 bundle, it was black with custom art, the two controllers made sense, and then the new hard drive was icing so to speak.

A more sensical bundle would have been perhaps silver or light blue, the new hard drive, one controller, and possibly the wireless adapter.

[quote name='davo1224']It's not that it's a bad idea but it's a horribly lazy bundle. When they offered the COD MW2 bundle, it was black with custom art, the two controllers made sense, and then the new hard drive was icing so to speak.

A more sensical bundle would have been perhaps silver or light blue, the new hard drive, one controller, and possibly the wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]
The RE bundle was awesome.

Cant help but be a bit turned away after realizing the only way to get a Transfer Kit is through Microsoft, and that its not free anymore. But i guess ill just have to grab a 512 MB Memory Card and return it once i transfer my Data.

Though, im gonna double check about the Face Plate to make sure thats included tommorow.

Yeah, i dont think they even make the older chipsets anymore, so if they threw a Zephyr in these, people WOULD be pissed, and it would be very bad press for them.

I just wish they had the decency to throw in the Transfer Kit, seems rediculous that not only do you have to pay 400 bucks plus tax for the system, THEN you have to pay 15 dollars and wait 2-4 weeks for the Kit.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im reserving one tommorow. Though, im not sure if this is true (I asked a manager who i knew pretty well), she claims that the Face Plate comes with the console even if you reserve it there. [/QUOTE]
I reserved one today on the off-chance I decide I want one ($50 down). The manager at the GS I went to is fairly knowledgeable and said that the faceplate will be a non-GS exclusive preorder bonus. So maybe there is some truth to these rumors. Thankfully I've not opened the Arcade I picked up last week during the bonus $25 deal. I really wish they had made a ME2 Limited Console set...:bomb:

There are ways to get around the transfer kit. You can cannot the HDD to your computer (multiple ways, w/ n w/o opening the case) and use xplorer360 to copy the content to the PC and then onto the other HDD.

All content will transfer over just fine but some will not work without doing the following

As for the bundle it is only a deal if you want FF13 and you want a 250gb HDD and you want a new console. Which I am sure most people do not want. But for those who do it is a good deal.

The MW2 Bundle was much better in regards to presentation....otherwise this is nothing more than a pro with a limited HDD...the funny part is this thread isn't much different than the one for the MW2 Bundle. to recap "YES" it's a good deal people lol, stop debating it all over again and buy it. Hopefully they step it up for the splinter cell bundle...I'm sure that thread will be nothing short of dejavu.

Yeah it's a good deal. Really crappy that the only LE thing about it is the engraving on the hd (can have that done yourself if you really wanted) and a couple of crummy avatars.

I'm poor, so very poor, and I would've instantly purchased a US Lightning PS3 or a 360 with special artwork.

bread's done
Back