You could HAVE owned a one of a kind xbox ....

xtchuh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
3495987646_fcb9d44a73.jpg

All right, don't get the wrong idea. These so-called Xbox shoes are not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with Microsoft. You would think, for the price, these xbox shoes would have a built-in remote or something, but no. They are custom sneakers and made by Sole Junkie.

Xbox custom sneaker shoes are called Xbox-Alpha-Dunks and are one of a kind. As described on eBay, the shoes are as follows:

These are an exclusive pair…only one of its kind. Patent leather back with embedded fiber optic wiring in the shape of the XBOX logo. Battery placement is in the tongue as well as on and off switch that has 2 settings: Strobe or Constant light functions. Gradient lime swoosh faded to black. The toe is painted in a surreal Tiger Camouflage with accents of lime and bright green. These are a men’s size 11.

OK, one of a kind, so maybe their worth a few hundred, right? No, the BuyItNow price on these Xbox shoes was $2,500. Yep, more than six Xbox 360 Elite systems.

However, in the ultimate statement of profligacy, these Xbox 360 shoes didn't even sell for the BuyItNow price. Nope, the pair went for a best offer of $4,000.99.

Here's the way I look at it: you could buy this pair of Xbox shoes, or you could buy an Xbox 360 Elite system, and HDTV, a Blu-ray player, and probably more for that $4,000. What would you like?

Sole Junkie, that made the Xbox custom sneaker shoes was started by Steven Cedre Jr in 2004. It tries to provide high quality artwork making you stand above the rest with your custom sneakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLE-JUNKIE-Custom-Nike-Xbox-Alpha-Dunks-Sneakers_W0QQitemZ270384353547QQcmdZ

3495185235_f3aebe09ab.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on yahoo yesterday when the auction was still going on. I looked to see how much someone paid for them and I first thought 2,500 was a lot but 4,000.99 is just way to much for shoes. I would have paid maybe 100-150 for them if I really wanted them. However that is stretching it. Chances are I would have saw the price said to hell with that and bought some for 20-25 from walmart.

Wait, why would someone do a Best Offer higher than the Buy It Now price? I didn't even know you could do that.

[quote name='garfep']Wait, why would someone do a Best Offer higher than the Buy It Now price? I didn't even know you could do that.[/QUOTE]

Since it was widely publicized someone probably made a fake account and bid on it for some crazy high price knowing they wouldnt pay.

bread's done
Back