You Don't Know Jack (2011) - $19.99-New, $17.99-Used @ GameStop

token2k6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
146 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and picked this one up at GS, they had 1 sealed PS3 copy so I snapped it up right away. Played it back in the day with family on the PC, now I can enjoy it with my wife (who is a "YDKJ" Virgin) and some friends.

I'll never understand peoples fetish with plastic wrap, on a equally related note I think I might pick this up today.

[quote name='unc13 buck']I'll never understand peoples fetish with plastic wrap, on a equally related note I think I might pick this up today.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they use the plastic wrap to touch themselves without really having to touch themselves. Freaking pervs... Or maybe they just don't like to buy videogames with scuffed up cases and scuffed up discs.

Yeah I remember that one time I set a 360 game on a piece of paper and when I picked it up later and looked at it there WERE HOLES IN IT WITH GREEN STUFF POURING OUT...oh wait, nevermind no there wasn't

[quote name='unc13 buck']I'll never understand peoples fetish with plastic wrap, on a equally related note I think I might pick this up today.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't give a shit if you want to buy games with sperm on them. So how about you stfu about people who want to buy new? We want to buy new and we can afford new. Why does that bother you?

If you're a cag and you can't get new practically as cheap as used, you're doing it wrong.

Picked it up for the PS3 yesterday and it's just as funny as I remember it being. If anyone wants to play, send me a friend request on PSN!

I picked up the 360 version last night $7 after trading in a 20GB HDD and transfer cable. This game is a lot of fun (like I remember) and the wife and I had a blast playing last night! No repeat questions is especially awesome.

[quote name='Haggar']Stopped by one Gamestop and they only had gutted copies. Why would you need multiple display copies of a game like this?

Went to another Gamestop and they had sealed copies, but the Xbox version rung up at $29.99, clerk said only the Wii version was on sale.

I forgot why I never shop at Gamestop, but now I remember how crappy they are. I'll just wait for it to drop on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Or you could print the ad and price match it somewhere else like I did cause I dispise FailStop too.

I really cannot recommend this game highly enough, especially if you're a fan of the originals.

Can anyone confirm that you can Screw with the Scene It controllers? (Why yes, I did just type that sentence).

Wonderful game, makes for a lot of fun. I bought it on release date, because the wife n' I started playing the originals on the PC when we first started dating. And it's just as good as back then, if not better :)

Just saying, over 70 episodes on one disc + DLC planned (and some already released) means this game will go for some time most likely.

Well, I just got a confirmation to get this from somebody on goozex, but I'd rather buy it in store for this price, so I'm going to hopefully cancel the trade. Also Haggar, you should've shown that guy where it says in the ad, good on ps3, xbox360, and ds games too.

I loved this on the PS1 and I picked this up on Xbox 360 last night. This will be a fun game to play with friends over that like trivia like I do.

I've been steadily watching this on Amazon to see if they'll match the price again.

I really don't want to have to go to a GS.

Just grabbed a copy for the 360. Scene It is basicly the only game(s) I can get my wife to play, so I'm sure she'll enjoy this also. thanks OP

[quote name='mokmoof']I really cannot recommend this game highly enough, especially if you're a fan of the originals.

Can anyone confirm that you can Screw with the Scene It controllers? (Why yes, I did just type that sentence).[/QUOTE]

You can. No difference control-wise between Xbox controller and big button controller.

[quote name='mokmoof']I really cannot recommend this game highly enough, especially if you're a fan of the originals.

Can anyone confirm that you can Screw with the Scene It controllers? (Why yes, I did just type that sentence).[/QUOTE]

yeah, the big button activates the screw

[quote name='dino88']But do you go into every BB thread you can find and let people know about your disapproval? Because that's what this troll does.[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't know he did that....yeah you can mention it if it's relevent in a thread but I won't troll threads that are labeled BB deals.

[quote name='Indignate']I've been steadily watching this on Amazon to see if they'll match the price again.

I really don't want to have to go to a GS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was super upset that I missed the very small window where Amazon matched this (though the Game appeared on the MOVERS & SHAKERS list for some time still showing $20).

I caved and went to GS today. First store only had gutted copies, but they were nice enough to call the EB that's in the same strip mall where I found a sealed copy.

The process did remind me that I am not a person who should be at Gamestop or EB. Ever.

[quote name='Gojimaster']Can anyone confirm if this game works with the PS3 big-button Buzz controllers?

I want to get for PS3 if so.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this too since it would be way better with the BUZZ controllers

I gave in and went to GS also for the first time in a while. I ended up getting a "new" copy that was opened but it's ok because I was about to pay more for a used copy off eBay.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. :)

Got me a PS3 copy today ^_^ Happy, gf is having fun with it. I still have the old keyboard with the stickers on it in my closet hehe...

Here's a question that no one will sympathize with and everyone will tease me about:

How "dirty" is this game? Will I enjoy playing with my wife? I remember playing the originals with my mother and being a little uneasy with how dirty it was. Is this on par? Or better or worse?

Thanks
(flame away, I can take it! :)

[quote name='xhonzi']Here's a question that no one will sympathize with and everyone will tease me about:

How "dirty" is this game? Will I enjoy playing with my wife? I remember playing the originals with my mother and being a little uneasy with how dirty it was. Is this on par? Or better or worse?

Thanks
(flame away, I can take it! :)[/QUOTE]

Shipwreak mentioned that there was a joke about
fisting
and I recall hearing a dirty one on the GB Quicklook, don't quite remember what it was though.

So in short, a perfect game to play with the wife ;)

There is an early question about
Racheal Ray, Paula Deen and 2 Girls 1 Cup where you need to answer about how many pints = a cup because they're going to make chocolate ice cream or something like that.

Oh man, as soon as I saw this post I shot out of the door & picked it up. Me & my wife played for 5 hours non-stop. She had never played it before yesterday & she totally fell in love with it after the first game. It was great!

Maybe it's my diminishing memory, but I feel like the old PC games were longer & had more questions within a round. I know there are some categories that are missing due to the lack of keyboard support. But I think I remember it being 20 questions. Can anyone refresh my memory? Am I even right about typing answers in?

[quote name='URMonkeyTron']Oh man, as soon as I saw this post I shot out of the door & picked it up. Me & my wife played for 5 hours non-stop. She had never played it before yesterday & she totally fell in love with it after the first game. It was great!

Maybe it's my diminishing memory, but I feel like the old PC games were longer & had more questions within a round. I know there are some categories that are missing due to the lack of keyboard support. But I think I remember it being 20 questions. Can anyone refresh my memory? Am I even right about typing answers in?[/QUOTE]

You're right about both. With the PC versions, you were able to pick either a 7 question or a 21 question round. Some questions were "fill in the blank" type situations where you had to type the answer.

The main new features this game has are the wrong answer of the game, the fact that multiple people can answer the same question and all get points for being correct. Questions are also in episodes rather than given at random, which means that you never have to see a repeat question until you've seen all the content the game has to offer.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']You're right about both. With the PC versions, you were able to pick either a 7 question or a 21 question round. Some questions were "fill in the blank" type situations where you had to type the answer.

The main new features this game has are the wrong answer of the game, the fact that multiple people can answer the same question and all get points for being correct. Questions are also in episodes rather than given at random, which means that you never have to see a repeat question until you've seen all the content the game has to offer.[/QUOTE]

Phew, thank you. It's good to know my brain hadn't lost that much.

I really like the new features. Games fly by so fast & are more evenly contested. Nobody is truly ever out of the game. I wonder what kind of DLC support they plan for this. I know they have one out already. Which I bought with the rational that I'm still saving $5 over retail.

Games like these (YDKJ, Scene It) are so perfectly constructed for DLC that I'm really surprised that no one has really put out THE trivia game to beat all other trivia games. I feel that anyone who makes that kind of game could have the Rock Band of party games.

Also, my sanity wants to thank you for confirming both questions. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xhonzi']@Indignate & Logain
Wow. I like humour and everything, but...

Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
To be perfectly fair, both of those jokes work better in context. As a concept, "a joke about fisting" just sounds obscene and excessive. A company that makes single-hole, "fistable" bowling balls? To me, that's amusing.

[quote name='eugaet']Still listed at $19.99 at GS, so I sent in another round of lower-price notifications to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

yeah, we need that 15 second price drop at Amazon to last longer :lol: I think the GameStop sale will last until Thursday night..I'll keep checking and update/kill the OP if it changes before then..

[quote name='chunlirocks']SAVER isn't working for me. :hot:
Has it expired ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

SAVER is gone. The current code is VSHIP for orders of $24.99 and up.

Heads up to any CAGs with a Frys around - I walked into mine for something else today and was handed a "we pricematch any internet price" flyer. Figured I'd give this a shot -- they loaded up Gamestop.com, saw the 19.99 price and PMed.

It took them a fair amount of time to do it (although to be fair, this is probably equal to the amount of time it takes to get something rung up at Gamestop), but I eventually got out of there with the game for 19.99 + tax. Perhaps worth a shot for some who are as against ever setting foot inside a GS again as I am.

[quote name='Indignate']Shipwreak mentioned that there was a joke about
fisting
and I recall hearing a dirty one on the GB Quicklook, don't quite remember what it was though.

So in short, a perfect game to play with the wife ;)[/QUOTE]

Its in the first couple of episodes IIRC. The question regarding Earth fitting into Uranus.

I love the commercials that roll during the credits. Reminds me of the fake commercials from GTA, but much funnier.

-

At 10:00 a.m. this morning, I went to the Gamestop that is closest to my house and they didn't have any copies. The Employee asked if I wanted him to call different stores to see if they had any copies. I told him that I was going to be by a Mall, so he called over there to see if they had any copies (and he had a LONG conversation on the phone). After he hung up, he told me me they did have copies and that they were holding one under my name. He also said that the Other Store opened up at 11:00 a.m. because it was in The Mall.

So, I drive over there and when I get up to the register (after waiting 10 Minutes through all of the people buying the new PokeMon Game), I ask for a copy of my "Held" Game. The Employee tells me that they had the CD of the Game (which was in a Paper CD Sleeve and marked "New") but they looked around and could not find the Box for it (Now I know what the LONG Conversation was. I am sure it was the Mall Employee saying they had a copy of the Game, but they were looking for the Box). He said that *I* could look around for it if I wanted to *OR* he would knock $10.00 off of the price (Mind you, there was still a LONG "PokeMon" line behind me, so I was not going to get out of line and then have to wait another 10 minutes to get back to the Register). I asked if it was still $19.99 and he said "Yes". So, I said, "Well then, I don't really need a Box." Now, don't get me wrong, I do like the Boxes, but for $10.95, I couldn't say No to that.

I haven't played it yet, but I used to play it on the Mac and I played the Online Demo thing and both were fun.

[quote name='HatesRegistering']At 10:00 a.m. this morning, I went to the Gamestop that is closest to my house and they didn't have any copies. The Employee asked if I wanted him to call different stores to see if they had any copies. I told him that I was going to be by a Mall, so he called over there to see if they had any copies (and he had a LONG conversation on the phone). After he hung up, he told me me they did have copies and that they were holding one under my name. He also said that the Other Store opened up at 11:00 a.m. because it was in The Mall.

So, I drive over there and when I get up to the register (after waiting 10 Minutes through all of the people buying the new PokeMon Game), I ask for a copy of my "Held" Game. The Employee tells me that they had the CD of the Game (which was in a Paper CD Sleeve and marked "New") but they looked around and could not find the Box for it (Now I know what the LONG Conversation was. I am sure it was the Mall Employee saying they had a copy of the Game, but they were looking for the Box). He said that *I* could look around for it if I wanted to *OR* he would knock $10.00 off of the price (Mind you, there was still a LONG "PokeMon" line behind me, so I was not going to get out of line and then have to wait another 10 minutes to get back to the Register). I asked if it was still $19.99 and he said "Yes". So, I said, "Well then, I don't really need a Box." Now, don't get me wrong, I do like the Boxes, but for $10.95, I couldn't say No to that.

I haven't played it yet, but I used to play it on the Mac and I played the Online Demo thing and both were fun.[/QUOTE]

For $10, I would have just taken the disk as well.

yeah, who needs a box or manual with these games.
i played with my wife and she couldn't stand how long it took for him to talk and ask/answer questions. lol

For anybody who's played the 360 version:
We've been thinking about picking this up so the wife and I can play another couple across town. Can the four of us play each other online with each household (not each player) having a gold account?

bread's done
Back