You Don't Know Jack with Buzz controllers

grifta67

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everyone!

I know this has been a topic tossed around over the past couple months, with claims of both yes and no. Now that the game is out, has anyone tried using the Buzz controllers? If it's only Dualshocks, that's kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks!

Ah man, thats depressing.

Do you know if it's possible to "share" a controller, like each person holds one half of it to use for the "buzz in" portion? I'm sure as hell not dropping almost $100 on a 3rd and 4th regular controllers just to play a trivia game!

Report back once you get your copy if you would be so kind.

Thanks!

I thought I heard you could use the Buzz controllers on NeoGaf, but this would be like third hand information. I don't have the Buzz controllers nor do I plan on getting the game.

Man, Scene It! used the buzz controllers and I wish it hadn't. That was terrible implementation. If Jack does have it- and it's executed no better than that it'd be worse for it.

Yea, I've caught a couple other mentioned tonight that they don't work.

I dunno, it just seems strange that a game which really only shines when you have 4 people in the same room would be betting on people already having 4 controllers or dishing out the extra cash to do so. If you think about it, for a typical gamer that only has 2 controllers, to get the most out of YDKJ you're looking at a Guitar Hero/Rock Band priced investment.

Ah well, I'll put it on Goozex and hope it shows up one day!

If you are in a situation where you regularly have 4 people over playing games, you should already have 4 controllers.

A valid point in certain situations. I don't think it applies here though.

In my case, very few of my friends play videogames. If I have 4 people over, it's usually for movies, boardgames and booze. Videogames are never an option. If I had YDKJ though, I know they'd love to play, but alas that won't happen now.

I think the part that bugs me is that it *is* compatible with the Scene It controllers. Why go to the trouble to write the code for one set of buzzers and not the other? I can't imagine they're all that different. (disclaimer: not a coder.)

I wish that weren't the case. I miss the high school days of having avid gamers that would be over every weekend playing some 4-player games causing all kinds of havoc on the screen!

Anyone know where I can get replacement buzz controllers? Mine were destroyed in a fire and when I went to replace them they are now all like $100+ plus my friend has a set that the dongle is broken on. Any word on replacing that?

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Anyone know where I can get replacement buzz controllers? Mine were destroyed in a fire and when I went to replace them they are now all like $100+ plus my friend has a set that the dongle is broken on. Any word on replacing that?[/QUOTE]

Check at Gamestop. I just got a set of 4 brand-new wired ones for $10. They were packed in with some ps2 Disney game they had put in the used bin.

Now I just need to find a deal on Buzz World!

bread's done
Back