You ever feel like your entertainment center is finally complete?

NamelessMC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know the stuff I have isn't as good as some people's set ups. I'm still in school, and I'm about to go back to full time studies and only working part time. I spent some time working because I felt like I was "behind" on all the things I needed to feel comfortable at home. I got my PS3, my new computer built, my new computer monitor, my surround sound, and finally my HDTV.

Now I feel like, "Okay, I think I'm done", and I'm cutting my hours down to 10-15 so I can go back to school full time.

The weird thing is, I'm not at all going to be pressed for cash, because I qualify for financial aid and government waivers, so I can buy games, accessories and all that.

But as far as my equipment goes, I feel done. The only thing I might do is pick up a 360 or Wii again down the road for some of the exclusives.

Has anyone else had this happen? Where they feel like their set up is okay for a long time and they don't need to upgrade for a while? Or are some of you guys tech-philes, and you always feel like you need that one better piece of equipment? A better receiver, a better subwoofer, a nicer TV?

Is it bad for me to be content? Should I want a bigger TV, nicer audio equipment?

I've slowly been gathering components for my home theater, I did the surround sound first, then I added a 37" LCD TV, I got a Wii, and then an Xbox 360 for X-mas, I bought an HD-DVD player, then sold that as soon as warner Bros. jumped ship, and bought a Ps3. right now i'm pretty happy. one of the BEST things I got was a Harmony all in one remote (I have the harmony 550). its the best remote i've ever used, truly a universal remote.

I can't think of anything else I'd want right now

I'm all set. Got a nice new hdtv, comcast dvr, hd dvd player, blu-ray player (ps3), and awesome 6.1 surround system. When I move into my new place I might get a bigger tv though. I have a 37" right now and I would like to get a 46" :drool:. But that's certainly not necessary.

[quote name='NamelessMC']
Is it bad for me to be content?
Should I want a bigger TV, nicer audio equipment?[/quote]

i think you're asking should i want to want. and that is a definite NO. you already said you're content, so be content! :)

I chose the second option. I got a Sony Bravia 32" 720p LCD about a year and a half ago when 1080p was still hella expensive. I still want to get a +40" 1080p tv somewhere down the line, and a nice surround sound system. Right now I'm just using a cheap home theater in a box 5.1 system.

So basically, its not like I've got total crap to work with, but I'd still like nicer things in the future when I actually have money. Right now I'm a full time student and bought all I have off of excess scholarship money.

I'm real happy with what I have. I've got a HDTV more than big enough for my room (32"), a real nice sound system, and gaming/movie options in my Xbox 360, PS3, and HD-DVD player.

Granted, if my set-up was in the living room a bigger TV would be kinda nice to have, but for my situation my set-up is pretty ideal. I've got no complaints.

No where close to what I want it to be. Right now I've got some cheap Logitech computer speakers. I've got my eye on the Logitech Z-5500, but will probably never afford it. I also need an HDTV and a new computer monitor.

I'm packing my old old incredibly old school TV and couldn't be more content. Damn school eats up all my TV time so I couldn't enjoy a spiffy HDTV :cry:.

bread's done
Back