you guys think i got a good deal on these games from gamestop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go in gamestop looking around for some cool games. I see Hot Shots Golf for 9.99 and go up to buy it and the dude said its 5.99 :O so I ask him how much Ape Escape , Tomba 2 , Tomba 1 , Breath of Fire 3 was, it was 5.99 , 5.99 , 5.99 and 10bucks everything was there and disc was clear so i bought them.

was this a good deal or no?

[quote name='BBoyKimChee']I go in gamestop looking around for some cool games. I see Hot Shots Golf for 9.99 and go up to buy it and the dude said its 5.99 :O so I ask him how much Ape Escape , Tomba 2 , Tomba 1 , Breath of Fire 3 was, it was 5.99 , 5.99 , 5.99 and 10bucks everything was there and disc was clear so i bought them.

was this a good deal or no?[/QUOTE]

LIAR

its so funny how people can't congratulate the OP with their find, and they always have to have proof of what they got. anyways....nice find OP. that is a really good price for all the games.

[quote name='BBoyKimChee']I go in gamestop looking around for some cool games. I see Hot Shots Golf for 9.99 and go up to buy it and the dude said its 5.99 :O so I ask him how much Ape Escape , Tomba 2 , Tomba 1 , Breath of Fire 3 was, it was 5.99 , 5.99 , 5.99 and 10bucks everything was there and disc was clear so i bought them.

I know for a fact that BOFIII is 24.99 @ B&M

[quote name='sying']I know for a fact that BOFIII is 24.99 @ B&M[/QUOTE]

Also, I don't know if there is a price disparity between online and B&M, but the Tomba's both go for 31 online.

Yeah.... these games don't sell for those prices at my Gamestops... but I'll be happy to pat you on the back once your reciept pic is up.

[quote name='rafissaying']its so funny how people can't congratulate the OP with their find, and they always have to have proof of what they got. anyways....nice find OP. that is a really good price for all the games.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me.

I said that I picked up the following for $0.99 each at GameRush and was laughed at (SNES and carts only):
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Super R-Type
Legend of Zelda
Tetris and Dr. Mario

Here is the proof.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/?action=view&current=Untitled-1.jpg
E_J then PMed an apology for calling me out afterwards.

Saw BofFIII for 16.99 yesterday at Gamestop, BofFIV was 19.99. I know the Gamestop guy said he just got a buttload of price drops on PSIs, but I think this is a bit over the top. . . unless the store's closing.

Actually, last week there were massive price changes on all of our PS1 games. By massive, though, I mean the quantity of the price changes. Basically every game we had either went up or down in price. Unfortunately, they were only around $2-$5 differences. Those prices listed above are pretty bogus, especially for a Gamestop store.

I am not going to say the OP is full of BS however is it not possible that some dumb employee would mark them the wrong price. Trust me I worked retail before and we all make mistakes. Sometimes HUGE one's some time lil ones.

[quote name='BBoyKimChee']well the price drop. and the worker gave me discount har har har[/QUOTE]
You're not a very good liar, kiddo.

Yeah, what discount did he give you? Not even the employee discount is good enough to get those kind of prices. I hate to bring this up, but you told me last week that you sold the guides to Tales of Destiny II, Persona 2, and I believe it was Star Ocean to a friend for $150. That's two pretty farfetched stories with no proof provided.

WTG, OP!! I think Tomba used at the Web site is like $18. And don't let the skeptics bother you. They're just jealous. The only reason they want proof is so they can go out and seek the same deal.

[quote name='KingofGames']Yeah, what discount did he give you? Not even the employee discount is good enough to get those kind of prices. I hate to bring this up, but you told me last week that you sold the guides to Tales of Destiny II, Persona 2, and I believe it was Star Ocean to a friend for $150. That's two pretty farfetched stories with no proof provided.[/QUOTE]

Did you bother reading this post? If he got the deal, awesome; you couldn't ask for a better price. Problem is, he's said some pretty far-fetched things before without providing any proof. Why should we be inclined to believe that he paid much less than the companies set price for these games nationwide?

:roll: Whatever. Load of crap story.

ST-LongNeverStopDreaming't'.jpg

[quote name='KingofGames']Did you bother reading this post? If he got the deal, awesome; you couldn't ask for a better price. Problem is, he's said some pretty far-fetched things before without providing any proof. Why should we be inclined to believe that he paid much less than the companies set price for these games nationwide?[/QUOTE]

You are right about the prices. Some stores do have weirder prices than most.

I went to GS yesterday to see if any rare Ps1 games were traded in this week. While looking I noticed that they had one copy of FFVII with a $27.99 price tag sticker(WTF?), so that goes to show you that some GS stores price games weird.

As for the Tomba games, the GS I went to had both. Tomba 1 was tagged $17.99 and Tomba 2 was $24.99.

[quote name='BBoyKimChee']persona 2? i dont have that guide u fruit.

plus hes not my friend moron.[/QUOTE]

That's not what you had said, you chronic liar. Stop trying to make yourself feel good with false deals.

I've seen all those games at various local B&M stores and none of them were below 9.99. (except for ape escape). I don't understand why you have to lie! Prove everybody wrong and post the receipt scan damn it!

rofl i dont even have persona 2 moron.

the guides you were talking about was Star Ocean , Legend of Mana and Tales of Destiny 2

get your facts straight dumbass

Why is everyone getting so defensive? If he posts the receipt as proof, then wonderful. Way to go BBKC!

Otherwise, just assume he's a liar and pay no heed to what he has to say from here on out.

I was calling you a liar because originall you had said it was your friend. I called you out on it though and you changed your story. Seriously, I don't understand why you feel the need to lie. Just wait your turn and you'll stumble across a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back