You want a group lowball, come here!

tiggerkiddo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
Soooo seeing the success of that recent massive group lowball had me inkling to have one too. As my last lowball pretty much cleaned me of any unwanted guides (Maybe a handful left but that's managable), I'm a bit more eager to do one. So if you want to join in, let me know. I'm only interested in honest and trustworthy sellers so if you got a bit of a rep, do something to work on that and maybe next time we can work together. I'm looking to get this started a week and a half or perhaps 2 weeks from now. Plenty of time for people to recover from the last big one.

Approved Sellers:
tiggerkiddo (I guess I am a part of this, right?)
AugustAPC
adriley313
laotahn
MasaTFC
hetz15
iambeaker
kube00
ShadowSx
EnvyNeko

As a disclaimer, here are some of the items I'd probably toss in the lowball:

Soul Calibur 3
SSX (PS2)
Jet Moto 2
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives 2
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 4
Need for Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)
Tony Hawk Underground 2
Guilty Gear XX: Slash
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9 (Discs only and in an unmarked case)
Vampire Savior Collection (JP PS2)
Goldeneye (Wii)
Wii Play
Namco Tekken 4 PS1 Stick (Modded with a sanwa stick)
Rune Factory 3 (Game only)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy
Animal Crossing City Folk
Bunch of Dual Shock 2 controllers
Hori PS3 Fight Stick
Nintendo Zapper
(Sealed) Super Mario Advance 4
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Sonic Adventure 2 (DC)
Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector's Edition (DVD)
Super Mario All Stars (SNES)-Tentative
Extra Pokemon Crystal Box
Lunar Legend (CIB)
Parasite Eve (Tentative)
Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls (CIB)
Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Bomberman GB (GB)
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Link's Awakening
Rogue Galaxy
Kingdom Hearts (Either GH or Black label version)
Shining Force 2 (Game and manual)

Maybe:
Xenogears (Disc only)
Squall and Rinoa figures

Last edited by a moderator:
When are you planning on doing it? I've got a few old games/guides/swag that I'd want to get rid of but am too busy to do it myself.

I've got finals in a few weeks and then start summer school (also full time) the following week so I don't know if I can even list/take pictures of my stuff.

I'd start it somewhere between April 26-May 1st.

Would give me (And others) some more time to find more desirable stuff for it. Who wants to bid on common stuff?

EDIT: Ya know...for the hell of it, I'm adding my personal copy of Link's Awakening CIB to it. To spice things up.

I would throw a few things in. Have a large box of current gen game cases that I really need to do something with (along with some games and a super nes).

In the same boat as Vinny, thats my finals week. But I still would give it a go!

There a seat for a 'fella like me? I have some CIB NES games and other stuff I could throw in.

I also have a ton of free time coming up, so I could manage the main post, updating frequently every day. Can do some custom graphics to add a little flavor too ;).

Sure, post a list of what you'd like to sell. Anyone who is seriously interested in the group lowball should submit a list of what you'd sell.

Some help updating the first post would be appreciated. If you want to do some custom graphics, I won't stop you!

Anyways, I've added Super Mario Advance 4 (Sealed), Castlevania Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance to the list. Along with CIB Link's Awakening.

[quote name='AugustAPC']There a seat for a 'fella like me? I have some CIB NES games and other stuff I could throw in.

I also have a ton of free time coming up, so I could manage the main post, updating frequently every day. Can do some custom graphics to add a little flavor too ;).[/QUOTE]

If AugustAPC is part of the group lowball be sure to let him do the layout/look & feel of the auction. The man has some wicked awesome graphics that he made that make for a nice presentable auction that's easy on the eyes. I should know, I stole some of his work :lol:.

I'm a bit depleted after my lowball, too. But I noticed some more stuff that need to go. I've also maybe gotten a little overzealous on my guide purchases.

Also, you'd probably want a new thread with reserved posts immediately thereafter.

[quote name='Setherial']If AugustAPC is part of the group lowball be sure to let him do the layout/look & feel of the auction. The man has some wicked awesome graphics that he made that make for a nice presentable auction that's easy on the eyes. I should know, I stole some of his work :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the compliment! :) I have some new ideas to make it look easy on the eyes and vibrant.

The new thread will be created a little closer to the start of the lowball date (I'll narrow it down to the exact day tomorrow morning when I get home from work). I'll also figure out just how many sellers we'll have but I'll have a better idea in a few days. For now, submit your lists, here or PM to me if fits your fancy...or what not.

EDIT: So maybe I won't add Link's Awakening to the list (DX CIB costs too much for my tastes) but I'll add a few DVD's I got...like this Collector's Edition of Nightmare Before Christmas (Time for me to upgrade to Blu Ray!)

I think I'm gonna frequent a few thrift stores this week and stock up. I bet I can find some gems!

Here's what my Seller info would look like for a lowball, I will be updating this post with pictures until Tigerkiddo announces for us to do something different. All my games have been played before by me, so they should all be working and in great condition!

Please check out my Ebay feedback to make sure you're safe bidding with me! (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...-1&de=off&items=25&which=positive&interval=30) I accept Paypal and Money Order, I do not accept Amazon Payments.

My additions to the pot:

XBOX 360
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Like New - Except it Has Game Crazy stamp on the side)
Record of Agarest War Really Naughty Limited Edition
agarestwar.jpg
Sealed

Playstation 3

Playstation 2
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (PS2) B
Onimusha (PS2) A
Rumble Roses (PS2) A
The Sims

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
B

Nintendo 64
Donkey Kong 64 (No Expansion Pack) B
Mario Party 2 B
Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire (Cartridge Only) C

Playstation
Koudelka (PS1 - Custom Case) B
Metal Gear Solid
A - Black Box
NHL Faceoff A

Game Boy Color
Tamagotchi No booklet, just game and plastic case

PC Games
Command & Conquer Red Alert - The Aftermath B
Full Throttle

Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude Uncensored (PC) B - The First Disc has some weird gunk on it on top (not on the CD surface) that I don't know where it came from, but the other three discs look great. I should warn you, I was unable to get Larry playiong on an XP system after installation (it worked through Windows 2000).
Sid Meier's Pirates! (PC) B
Syberia 1
A
Tales of Monkey Island - Complete Season (PC) A

Crysis Core 2 LE (PS3) A
Tomb Raider (PS1 - game only) A

Swag:
Slightly Damaged Catwoman Mini-Statue B Super Mario 64 Strategy Guide Vertigo Endless Mini-Bust - Death A+

Vertigo Endless Mini-Bust - Destruction A+
Tandem Twins Animal Girl Lynx Statue Sealed

I like the potential lists. I have some things I could toss up but I'd have to mull it over a few days. I will definitely be bidding on a few of these items.

Lowball will officially start May 1st. I'm not sure on the duration but that will be decided once a list of sellers has been finalized. I plan to figure that part out Wednesday. If you've run a lowball in the past, point me to it so I can better make an informed decision (Look at me trying to sound all official!). If need be, I'll figure out the list a day or two later but I don't want to drag it on, like who wants that?

Items to be added to my list:
Lunar Legend (CIB)
Parasite Eve (Tentative)

Someone needs to lowball some old school PC games, I would kill to get my hands on a complete copy of Full Throttle or Ultima IX: Ascension.

Again, post up lists everyone! I see that some have done that and I'm grateful but still...pictures are even better.

Let's see...what else? Oh yea, give a general grade for your items. I plan to do that soon as well.

Heres a list of the game cases I have

Xbox 360
Prince of Persia- Manual, No Case

G-Force- With Manual and 3D Glasses
IL 2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey- With Manual
Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City- With Manual
Godfather 2- With Manual
GI Joe Rise of Cobra- With Manual
Up- With Manual
Beowulf- No Manual
Trivial Pursuit- No Manual
Smackdown vs RAW 2010 (x2)- No Manual
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection- With Manual
Velvet Assassin- With Manual
Madden 10- No Manual
Beatles Rockband- With Manual
FEAR 2 Project Origin- With Manual
Skate 2- With Manual
MLB 2k9- No Manual
NBA 2k10- With Manual
Mercenaries 2- No Manual
Bionic Commando- No Manual
Red Faction Guerilla (x2)- No Manual
Fallout 3- No Manual
Face Breakers- With Manual
Left 4 Dead- No Manual
Saints Row 2 (x3)- No Manual

Playstation 3
50 Cent Blood on the Sand- No Manual
Army of Two 40th Day- No Manuall
Sonic the Hedgehog- With Manual
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe- No Manual
Midnight Club LA- No Manual
MX vs ATV Untamed- No Manual
Need For Speed Carbon- No Manual
Pure- No Manual
UFC Undisputed 09 ( x2)- No Manual
Metal Gear Solid 4- No Manual
Saints Row 2- No Manual
Conan- No Manual
Baja Edge of Control- No Manual
Madden 10- No Manual
Mini Ninjas- With Manual
Batman Arkam Asylum- With Manual
Monsters vs Aliens- With Manual
Brutal Legend- With Manual
FEAR 2 Project Origin- No Manual
Borderlands- With Manual
Tekken 6- With Manual
Wanted: Weapons of Fate- No Manual
Fight Night Round 4- No Manual
Dead Space- No Manual
Smackdown vs RAW 09- No Manual

Nintendo Wii
AMF Bowling World Lanes- With Manual
All Star Cheer Squad- With Manual
Playground (x2)- no manual
Mario/Sonic Olympic Winter Games- No Manual
Ice Age- No Manual
Ultimate Band- With Manual
Lego Batman- No Manual
Up (x2)- 1 With Manual, 1 No Manual
Cars- No Manual
Hannah Montana Spotlight World Tour- With Manual
Sonic and the Secret Rings- No Manual
Sonic Riders- With Manual
Super Smash Brothers (x2)- 1 With Manual, 1 No Manual
Sims 2 Castaway- No Manual
Pirates of the Caribbean (x2)- No Manual
Punchout- No Manual
World of Zoo- With Manual
Rayman Raving Rabids- No Manual
Planet 51- With Manual
Monster 4x4 World Circuit- No Manual
Madden 10- No Manual
Mario/Sonic Summer Games (x2)- 1 With Manual, 1 No Manual
Manhunt 2- No Manual
Elebits- No Manual
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3- With Manual
Guitar Hero 5- With Manual
Naruto Clash of the Ninja 3- With Manual
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast- No Manual
Neighborhood Games- With Manual
Mario Power Tennis- With Manual
Incredible Hulk- With Manual
Help Wanted- With Manual
The Munchables- With Manual
Hannah Montana The Movie- With Manual
Big Brain Academy- With Manual
Nickelodeon Barnyard- With Manual
Crash of the Titans- With Manual
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader- With Manual
Big Beach Sports- With Manual
AMF Bowling Pinbusters- With Manual
NCAA 09 Football All Play- No Manual
Pikmin- With Manual
Battalion Wars 2 (x2)- Both With Manual
NBA2k10- No Manual
Rapala Tour Fishing- No Manual
Indiana Jones Staff of Kings- With Manual
Marvel Ultimate Alliance- With Manual
Animal Crossing- With Manual
Rampage Total Destruction- No Manual
Princess and the Frog- With Manual
Wonder World Amusement Park- No Manual

I would be willing to make a deal of buy 2 get one free as well. All cases/manuals are at least a B+, if not an A.
Also, I have some anime vhs tapes I will throw in, but I will have to find the box with them before I provide a list. I realize my feedback is a little on the low side, but I am willing to help out as much as I can. Pics can be provided if I am approved to participate (and if my gf will help out with that).

Bah, depending on the start time, this lowball would end just as I start my finals (or during the middle of my finals). Not sure if I want to do it or not... I've got so much crap that I need to get rid of.

[quote name='Vinny']Bah, depending on the start time, this lowball would end just as I start my finals (or during the middle of my finals). Not sure if I want to do it or not... I've got so much crap that I need to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

And your finals start when exactly? At the advice of others and myself, the start times will be adjusted or changed if need be.

Photos are more of a bonus right now. Lists and grades will help me out much more.

7th of May, but I'm not asking for the start time to be adjusted since I don't even know if I'll participate.

hmmmm i may be interested in this, ill have to take a better look at my stuff when i get home and see what i want to get rid of. will post a list/potos later if i find some things id like to sell. might even sell my copy of kid icarus in the lowball... maybe

Stupid firefox deleting my message...

Anyways...I will be sending out PM's to anyone who has expressed interest, requesting a list of items and whether they've run a lowball or not. Knowing that you have run a successful lowball (Or multiple ones!) shows that you are a trustworthy CAGer!

Yea I guess that's kinda obvious...

Anyways, when making up your list of items, try to think of it like an outsider. Is there anything in my list that would be attractive to others? If I were someone buying my stuff, why am I drawn to it? Things like recent, well praised games or underrated retro stuff...or even anime items. And if there isn't anything real desirable, what are some things you could add that would draw interest?

Sort of what I'm doing...I know my list sucks so I'm finding things to add to it. Here are just a few more items I'm adding:

Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Bomberman GB
Pokemon Red (If I can get it working that is)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Great condition, I just don't enjoy it like the SNES ones)
Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls CIB (Let me sleep on it, not the game I mean!)

Oooookay, that should be it.

:360:Bulletstorm (S)
:360:Batman Arkham City (S)
:360:Bioshock 2 SE no Slipcover
:360:Red Dead Redemption w/ Slipcover and Map
:360:Tales of Vesperia (S)

:ps3:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 w/ novella (S)
:ps3:inFAMOUS Hero Edition- No Game
:ps3:Tales of Graces f

:3ds:Rayman 3D

:ds:Dragon Quest Monster: Joker 2
:ds:Master of Illusions

:gba:Pokemon Games Complete
:gba:Grey GBA Complete

:psp:Ys: Seven Premium Edition (S)

Steelbooks:
:360:Skyrim
:wii:Zelda: Skyward Sword
:ps3:Batman Arhkam City Joker

Guides
Beats by Dre

I would love to join as well. Here is the list so far:

Pictures for all of them
dsc00533ps.jpg
dsc00532zz.jpg

:br:

Alexander Revisited - The Final Cut (Like New - only watched once)
Basilisk - The Complete Series (Like New - 3 discs, discs never used, just opened the wrap)

:dvd:

We Were Soldiers (Like New - disc is never used)
John Q (Like New - disc is never used)

Toys

8 Kamen Rider Figures - Rider Hero Series (Like New, have been put in display, still confused whether to sell them as a bundle or separately, please advice)

:ps3:

Cross Edge (Like New, has a gamestop price sticker)
Assassin Creed II (Like New)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (Like New, DLC might have already been used)

:ps2:

Final Fantasy XII (Like New, Manual has minor creases on the bottom-right corner, case is good, but can't be closed, dunno why)

:pc: (still not sure, are there demands for used pc games???)
Spore
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009
Galactic Civ II - Dread Lords (Goty edition)
Supreme Ruler 2020
Simcity Societies
(All PC games like new)

Accept paypal only, and US only. What about shipping fee?
my ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hetz_15&ftab=AllFeedback

Now I'm not an expert on the Kamen Rider figure market but it seems like they fetch a decent price so it might be worth it to keep them separate. Then again, it seems like a lot of them just go unsold so it might not hurt to keep them in one lot. You never know when it comes to lowballs, which is kind of the exciting thing about them.

As for the PC games, there's probably a market though I'm not sure about those titles. Man if any of you offer up Twinsen's Odyssey, I will outbid this entire forum...*squee*

Anyways, if you have a lowball...or several in the lowball forum, I've read through them (Or at least read through part of them) but it you hosted lowballs before the lowball forum was made and you think it'd be helpful to me to see, link me!

My tentative list:

gnesmk2.png
CIB Super Mario Bros. 3
- 100% Complete

gsnes.png
SNES System
- With 2 Controllers
gsnes.png
Boxed SNES Games Bundle
- Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions (Missing Manual)
- Jack Nicklaus Golf (Missing Manual)
- John Madden Football '93 (100% Complete)
-
NBA Shodown (100% Complete)
- NHL '94 (Missing Manual)

gn64.png
Nintendo 64 System
- With Your Choice of Controller
- With Your Choice of AV Cables or RF Adapter

gn64.png
Super Mario 64
- Cart Only
gn64.png
Super Smash Bros.
- Cart Only

:bouncy: TMNT Paelo Patrol Figure: Raphael's Attack Crawler
- Brand New
:bouncy: TMNT Paelo Patrol Figure: Donatello's Attack Crawler
- Brand New

Here are links to the Raphael and Donatello figures. They're pretty big and motorized. Kinda sad to sell them, but I haven't any room for them at the moment.

I'll probably be adding more stuff as I decide what I want to let go.

[quote name='Setherial']Someone needs to lowball some old school PC games, I would kill to get my hands on a complete copy of Full Throttle or Ultima IX: Ascension.[/QUOTE]

I used to have an in box Full Throttle years ago, back before I had the patience for DOSBox and things like that. Never could get the sound to work.

[quote name='Setherial']Someone needs to lowball some old school PC games, I would kill to get my hands on a complete copy of Full Throttle or Ultima IX: Ascension.[/QUOTE]
The PC big boxes I'm after are System Shock 2 and EWJ. Glad to know I'm not the ONLY one interested in them, though. I got lucky and found a near mint Alice/Undying pack at Goodwill for $3.

[quote name='aptanor']The PC big boxes I'm after are System Shock 2 and EWJ. Glad to know I'm not the ONLY one interested in them, though. I got lucky and found a near mint Alice/Undying pack at Goodwill for $3.[/QUOTE]

If I ever came across a Fallout 1 or Planescape Torment in large-boxes I might pick them up. The trouble with PC collecting is that there's so many boxes I've tossed due to space issues, also the number of games with compatibility issues (I've donated many of the more stubborn ones). You got to be very selective when it comes to PC stuff...

All this talk reminds me how much Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is such a memory hog on newer Windows machines (Why can it be such a pain to run it? I love it so much!)

Back to the lowball! I'm already picking out sellers and adding them to the OP. Check it out as I'll decide on a few more names tonight, tomorrow and...yea. I'll be preparing for a move so I'll be a bit busy this weekend but once I get all moved in, I should be good to go!

think it'll be possible to for all the sellers to accept Amazon Payments? I'm pretty much done with Paypal and wouldn't want to be left out of any bidding wars just cuz a seller doesn't have AP.

Hmm, depends on the seller but I'll pose the question when the group is decided. I don't mind either way since I'm set to accept paypal or Amazon.

I'll look into it. I'm not sure if I want to open up another financial account, though. Already a pain in the ass juggling what I want to keep in cash, in the bank, and in PayPal.

lol how OLD are you talking seth? I am talking like Kings Quest, Space Quest etc with boxes and instructions/disc in excellent shape My dad was very particular about his PC games. There are a bunch of those laying around at my mums house and she ain't playing 'em.:lol:

As far as a list of items, I am not ignoring your PM tiggerkiddo, just had a major day at school yesterday and I have a test I have to turn for this evening so I can't get around to the anime tapes/games till probably tomorrow evening. And if you don't think the game cases I have would be of worthy contribution I understand. Still have a few other items that would be of note (Neon Genesis Evangelion figures, at least one if not 3 *sealed*) Just let me know.

bread's done
Back