You will be missed my friend... a tribute to RegalSin2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kayden']:roll: I was refering to the confines of this board for the most part. However, are you going to say that black people that say nigger are all racist?[/QUOTE]I don't think it's acceptable to use the word regardless of where you confine it. Regardless, I'm not saying that anyone who uses a slur is racist. I'm asking, if there are two instances of something recognized as being racially offensive being said, why excuse one in favor of another? It's not logically consistant to say "nigger=pass, kike=fail" if racism is [apparently] a bannable offense.

This whole tangent is muddying the water, though. The original point was, as far as I can tell, RegalSin was banned because a mod didn't like his posts, not for any actual rule-breaking. I don't really care that he's gone, but I don't care for that kind of carte blanche behavior either.

Obtuse, pejorative, racism, political ideaology, and RegalSin2020= priceless thread.

This should be the CAG thread/topic of 2006. I never thought RegalSin could have this type of effect on CAG & make some folks so angry. I just thought his posts were ramblings of an entertaining idiot. This thread is far better than any of his posts.

[quote name='evilmax17']This is a moot arguement anyway. Moderators shouldn't be banning anybody, except for spam situations. Unless RegalSin was banned by CheapyD himself, then it was an illegal ban.

Straight from CheapyD's mouth.[/QUOTE]

Amazing, now I know why CAG has so many trolls, simply because they aren't allowed to be banned. That REALLY makes sense.

Like someone said, he can be unbanned and then people can ignore him, but what about the tons of people who post after him and it completely derails a topic? Just like every troll who posts something negative, 20 people respond to that, and a whole topic is wasted.

You can ignore someone but you can't ignore the waves they send out.

Weird, I meant for this to be a joke thread, and this shit got way out of hand.

[quote name='thebob101']Obtuse, pejorative, racism, political ideaology, and RegalSin2020= priceless thread.

This should be the CAG thread/topic of 2006. I never thought RegalSin could have this type of effect on CAG & make some folks so angry. I just thought his posts were ramblings of an entertaining idiot. This thread is far better than any of his posts.[/QUOTE]It's the equivalent of shooting a bum. Sure, the hobo is annoying, with his mental illness[es] and chemical dependency, and probably won't contribute much to society in the long run, but shooting a guy is still wrong unless he's got threatening someone or something. Way to kill a homelsss guy, CAG.

[quote name='Roufuss']Amazing, now I know why CAG has so many trolls, simply because they aren't allowed to be banned. That REALLY makes sense.

Like someone said, he can be unbanned and then people can ignore him, but what about the tons of people who post after him and it completely derails a topic? Just like every troll who posts something negative, 20 people respond to that, and a whole topic is wasted.

You can ignore someone but you can't ignore the waves they send out.

Weird, I meant for this to be a joke thread, and this shit got way out of hand.[/QUOTE]Mods need the power back to omnignore posters rather than ban, as in the case with Lina where they just put her on everyone's ignore list. Then everyone else can either pick to un-ignore the poster or keep them there, but it would take effort to be annoyed by a RegalSin-esque member at that point.

[quote name='jmcc']Mods need the power back to omnignore posters rather than ban, as in the case with Lina where they just put her on everyone's ignore list. Then everyone else can either pick to un-ignore the poster or keep them there, but it would take effort to be annoyed by a RegalSin-esque member at that point.[/quote]

So, are you this worked up because you liked him, or is it just the general principle?

[quote name='Kayden']So, are you this worked up because you liked him, or is it just the general principle?[/QUOTE]

You know I originally made this thread just to piss you off? :lol:

I knew how much you hated him and I thought this would be like a kick square in your nuts.

[quote name='Kayden']So, are you this worked up because you liked him, or is it just the general principle?[/QUOTE]General principle. There's no shortage of bafflingly weird inanity here where I'll really miss him.

Pffff. It takes a lot to piss me off. I seem to appear a lot more angry at times than I actually am.

Was he an annoyance? Yea. Am I over joyed he's gone? Eh. If anything, the biggest part of me being glad he's gone is that people will stop quoting him for 3 pages going "lawl" and heralding him as some kind of comedic savant.

I don't understand why people rejoice in the fact that his sentances read like he was snorting lead paint and then slapping a keyboard with a rubber chicken.

[quote name='Roufuss']You know I originally made this thread just to piss you off? :lol:

I knew how much you hated him and I thought this would be like a kick square in your nuts.[/quote]

i think it'd be impossible to find anyone that actually liked the guy, as opposed to enjoying him in that novelty sense. i don't mind him being gone, really. after i caught on to how nonsensical he was, i just skipped over his posts and checked out the appreciation thread every once in a while for the highlights.

speaking of, what was the logic in keeping that thread closed? this one was a bitchfest almost from the start, yet still got unlocked. that thread was relatively peaceful and fun to read, but it's the one that stays closed. given it's title and overall mood, it was never really a magnet for those that didn't like him to turn it into a giant argument, unlike this thread. a mod didn't like him, so we don't get to continue posting in and enjoying that thread? incredibly weak.

[quote name='Roufuss']Now that I've learned I can be an asshole, and that's ok, I think I will start trolling the shit out of people now.[/quote]

When our powers unite, we become: TROLL PATROL!

[quote name='jmcc']Let's not get into sharpness when you're claiming a political ideology is a race. The Republican analogy is apt and your contention that RegalSin exhibited racism is faulty. If you want to justify his ban in some other direction, feel free.[/QUOTE]

Find me a non-Jewish Zionist and we'll talk. The Republican analogy is dreadful because most of the people on these forums are white males, so the comparison can't be made when you're talking about a group who can be both politically and racially isolated as an "other," as compared to one in which both the prepetrators and recipients of the argument are white males. It is coincidence (or patriarchy) that most Republicans in power (or politicians in general) are white males; when both sides of an argument are of the same general type, there's no "racism" to be had. On the contrary, it is much harder to discern if those "anti-Zionists" are opposed to their political ideology, their ethnic composition, or a mixture of both. There is a sect of Jews who demand the annulment of the state of Israel, and are thus anti-Zionists; they are the severe exception, rather than the rule, in the region. Moreover, their recent participation at the Iran-sponsored Holocaust Conference suggests their extreme ideology (in a relative sense). I do hope that the notion of Jews and Iranian Arabs collaborating at a conference together strikes you as odd; because it is, which only serves to reinforce my point.

And, for the record, don't put words in my mouth by suggesting I think it's perfectly fine and dandy that people drop the "n-word" because it's the hip and trendy thing to do. I think nothing of the sort, and I find it appalling. Just because I would support the contextualization of the reason for banning someone for racist language (saying "boy, I really hate n-bombs" instead of the more hip and colloquial "n-bomb please" in the OTT), doesn't mean I applaud either of them. Forgive me for preferring nuances when deciding to ban someone or not, rather than trying to attempt some bullshit approach at "consistency" (which is, ironically, consistent by virtue of ignoring what each poster is trying to say - and thus inconsistent). Neither of us are mods, anyway, so it is truly moot.

In the end, this argument ultimately does nothing to support your demand for "hard and fast rules" to abide by for posters. This discussion shows just how useless and/or impossible those rules are to develop. I know you're the kind of poster who wants nobody to be banned and to enforce the "ignore" rule. I appreciate those bans, however, because I don't want this place to be GameFaqs. If you want that kind of environment, I can provide you with the URL. In the meantime, I will appreciate a forum that sometimes eliminates obnoxiousness, trolling, and racism.

[quote name='mykevermin']Find me a non-Jewish Zionist and we'll talk.[/QUOTE]Uh...the US government?

[quote name='jmcc']Uh...the US government?[/QUOTE]

And who runs the US Government according to those who would say it is part of the Zionist conspiracy?

[quote name='mykevermin']And who runs the US Government according to those who would say it is part of the Zionist conspiracy?[/QUOTE]And who actually does run the US Government according to those who would say it is part of reality?

[quote name='jmcc']And who actually does run the US Government according to those who would say it is part of reality?[/QUOTE]

Corporate interests. I don't believe in any "Jews run the world" Zionist comspiracy, but if you tell me we're on a downward spiral towards a government run by and for business interests and/or a corporate plutocracy, then I'll buy you a glass of your favorite spirits.

Having said that, Aristotle, answer the question.

[quote name='mykevermin']Corporate interests. I don't believe in any "Jews run the world" Zionist comspiracy, but if you tell me we're on a downward spiral towards a government run by and for business interests and/or a corporate plutocracy, then I'll buy you a glass of your favorite spirits.

Having said that, Aristotle, answer the question.[/QUOTE]Which question, again? The one about what conspiracy theorists think?

[quote name='jmcc']Reptoids, I think.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that, having ignored the brunt of my post to single out one sentence as a means of continuing debate, you can't even defend that.

Nighty night.

[quote name='mykevermin']Glad to see that, having ignored the brunt of my post to single out one sentence as a means of continuing debate, you can't even defend that.

Nighty night.[/QUOTE]I didn't continue the debate. I summed it up to another poster earlier, though. You can read the thrilling conclusion there.

For anyone still in denial that RegalSin2020 was a joke, his ebay auctions have perfect english. There you have. I still love what he said about the zombie horse though.

Anyone interested in seeing Regal's "non-racist views" on Zionism would do well to witness the following:

[quote name='RegalSin2020']The Zionist got away with it in the 1940's so I would not be surprised to see the Christian thingy here get away with it also.

The thing is we feel sorry for the Jews like when you see a fat woman or Single house wife. So what they do is hijack our industries and make threats.

Now seeing how the Zionist convinced the UN to take back Israel ( even when the people there was living in peace as Palastiene ) and fictionally drag people back and forth out of there homes to fill up the Jewish space as with India and it's pakistan problem.

I see no diffrence here other then the people that makes up the Christians do not want to make a state of Christianity.

Still the end result is the Jewish populis is still in control as the scene in the passion. Again another example could be where Sol was a na sayer when it came to how the jewish culture went back to kingship.

In the saying that the Jewish people are god choosen people as with all life migrated from Africa. Timbuktu could have been the Israel of today but the Zionists choosed Palistiene. As we can see there is so much hate towards Africa( or whatever it was called ).[/QUOTE]

There's also this golden hit:

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Personally these Canada people are right. I have lived here and people have hated me for no reason and picked on like forever. Then I explore the world and find that people dislike me since I have no money.

Again the thing is America is going execute a leader of another country and the country is going down the shist hole.

This whole thing started with the dirty Zionist scum who just happen to be a group of Jews who wanted a state of there own. They did it the rotten bastards. They and there dipstinking little club screwed the Middle East up. If want to blame somebody blame the zionist and what they did in 1939.

LIberate Palisteine I say we should do and kick the zionist scum out and reclaim everybodies lives and land.

Egypt lost land in this also when they did took over Palisteine. Egypt reclaimed missing each others.

Also Canada is a pretty sweet deal. The only thing that people fail to realize is the laws in Canada and ther epolicy on internet freedoms.

Thinking about America is hell the way things went for us. I go outside all I can see is the damage the Zionists did to our fair country.

Remember the Twenties people and remember them well. That was Amerika at it's greatest moment before the Great Depression, WWI, and WWII along with the Gulf War, Desert Storm, Vietnam and Korea.

Canada is telling the truth about America. We probably have a couple of Seproth clones running around but we don't see them.

On that topic there is alot of Russian people in America.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone interested in seeing Regal's "non-racist views" on Zionism would do well to witness the following: There's also this golden hit:[/QUOTE]Yeah, he sure didn't like Zionism, and by extension Zionists who happen to be Jews. Of course, that's still politics and not racism.

While this isn't really realistic, things would be interesting if we treated this as a judicial system (with minimal corruption). Anyone that was to be potentially banned would be appointed a "trial" on here, maybe through use of the chatroom. The plaintiffs would have to present evidence that a ban was worthy, the defendent would be able to defend any actions, there could be a jury of randomly selected members who would decide, collectively, if the defendent was guilty or not, and then the "judge" could determine the punishment.

Again, I know that will never happen, and it's an incredibly lengthy and complicated process for something so unimportant, but I still think it would make things more interesting.

[quote name='btw1217']While this isn't really realistic, things would be interesting if we treated this as a judicial system (with minimal corruption). Anyone that was to be potentially banned would be appointed a "trial" on here, maybe through use of the chatroom. The plaintiffs would have to present evidence that a ban was worthy, the defendent would be able to defend any actions, there could be a jury of randomly selected members who would decide, collectively, if the defendent was guilty or not, and then the "judge" could determine the punishment.

Again, I know that will never happen, and it's an incredibly lengthy and complicated process for something so unimportant, but I still think it would make things more interesting.[/QUOTE]And it would require actual rules first.

[quote name='jmcc']Yeah, he sure didn't like Zionism, and by extension Zionists who happen to be Jews. Of course, that's still politics and not racism.[/QUOTE]

Look, you've already shown your capacity for debate. Give it up.

[quote name='mykevermin']Look, you've already shown your capacity for debate. Give it up.[/QUOTE]The debate was

you: "he got banned for racism"
me: "that's demonstratably not true"
you: "well...look over here at this awesome straw-man I got you. Is it distracting you from the facts of the situation? Why don't we talk about this thingy for 40 posts?"

That's where we're at right now.

[quote name='btw1217']While this isn't really realistic, things would be interesting if we treated this as a judicial system (with minimal corruption). Anyone that was to be potentially banned would be appointed a "trial" on here, maybe through use of the chatroom. The plaintiffs would have to present evidence that a ban was worthy, the defendent would be able to defend any actions, there could be a jury of randomly selected members who would decide, collectively, if the defendent was guilty or not, and then the "judge" could determine the punishment.

Again, I know that will never happen, and it's an incredibly lengthy and complicated process for something so unimportant, but I still think it would make things more interesting.[/quote]

Instead, let's up the ante, if you want to partake in the "jury" you have to pony up a percentage of the airfare it would cost to fly to the "offender" here to my house, after they arrive here to Case De Jimmie we would fight, bareknuckled, 12 3-minute rounds, no fish hooking and no eye gouging and if they win they could continue to post.

Two men enter, one man leaves.

[quote name='jmcc']No need. http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/[/QUOTE]

even if he is using babelfish, he would still have to arrange the words so that they are close enough to being decent grammar. otherwise the words would be out of order and jumbled according to whatever language he's translating to and from.

all i'm saying is that there was some skill to it :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']even if he is using babelfish, he would still have to arrange the words so that they are close enough to being decent grammar. otherwise the words would be out of order and jumbled according to whatever language he's translating to and from.

all i'm saying is that there was some skill to it :lol:[/QUOTE]It's a close enough approximation.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Instead, let's up the ante, if you want to partake in the "jury" you have to pony up a percentage of the airfare it would cost to fly to the "offender" here to my house, after they arrive here to Case De Jimmie we would fight, bareknuckled, 12 3-minute rounds, no fish hooking and no eye gouging and if they win they could continue to post.

Two men enter, one man leaves.[/quote]

If anyone is willing to pay for my ban... I'm so down for this.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Instead, let's up the ante, if you want to partake in the "jury" you have to pony up a percentage of the airfare it would cost to fly to the "offender" here to my house, after they arrive here to Case De Jimmie we would fight, bareknuckled, 12 3-minute rounds, no fish hooking and no eye gouging and if they win they could continue to post.

Two men enter, one man leaves.[/quote]I'm all for it.
Hell, this isn't a democracy, let's skip the jury and do your idea. If they chicken out, we can send you to their house.

Two men enter, one man leaves.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, yes. This, of course, would require some sort of video footage, but sounds doable.

[quote name='PhrostByte']If anyone is willing to pay for my ban... I'm so down for this.[/quote]

At least you'll be famous before you die from an O.D.

The hard part of this is to get people to want to pay to see you stick around.

I don't think it's gonna happen so go ahead and ride your horse on outta here.

[quote name='btw1217']Hmmm, yes. This, of course, would require some sort of video footage, but sounds doable.[/quote]

I thought the video tapping was implied since I got more vids on youtube than anyone else on here, up to and including the ever famous Quest for the 360 video.

Best suggestion ever!

After the fight, would you make your famous Mac and Cheese for the competitor who kicked your pasty white big mouthed ass?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W5babl4jFQ[/MEDIA]

Tough guy stuff on internet message boards is one of the saddest things ever, Jimmie... get over yourself.

It's a fucking messageboard. People take this shit a little too seriously. People are and always will be a pain in the ass. Deal with it.

If the guy got banned for a racist comment fine but just make sure you ban anyone who used/uses the word nigger too. If not you are being a hypocrite. But it seems to me he got banned because he wasn't liked by the right people on here.

[quote name='JimmieMac']At least you'll be famous before you die from an O.D.

The hard part of this is to get people to want to pay to see you stick around.

I don't think it's gonna happen so go ahead and ride your horse on outta here.[/quote]

Sorry.. I'm way too cool for an OD :cool:

Screw the whole banning process, let's just fight! I'm down for beating me up some internet message board big shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back