Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

It's not hard to invest over 20Gs in gaming if you're been collecting for several generations. I have over 600 games, so even if I spent an average of $35 per game then it comes out to 21,000 (and trust me most of my games cost more than $35, espeically nowadays wheny our average game is $60 and average CE is around $80). This doesn't even include hardware or accesories, etc...

Either way I don't regret it, so what if my collection doesn't equal how much I paid for it now... most of us don't buy games as investments, but as entertainment. I enjoy the money spent because when I look at it compared to other things I enjoy, such as alcohol, weed, etc... the games tend to last much longer. :)

Yeah, I don't buy my shit hoping to sell it. I buy it for entertainment! And the dude above me, alcohol and weed you say? HELL yes. I fuck with that hardcore.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Yeah, I don't buy my shit hoping to sell it. I buy it for entertainment! And the dude above me, alcohol and weed you say? HELL yes. I fuck with that hardcore.[/QUOTE]

If only your parents knew what you did with their money...

[quote name='moon_knight']Dragon Ball isn't crap,opinions differ. And just because some teenagers act like idiots, doesn't mean all are.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all teens are stupid. Hope this helps

[quote name='Vulgarism']If only your parents knew what you did with their money...[/QUOTE]

Oh please. Spare me the theatrics, you goodie two shoes. LOL! I don't give a fuck what people think of me. Look at you, probably gonna bitch me out for smoking Newports too? C'mon son, you only live once and I'm gonna do what the fuck I wanna do.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Oh please. Spare me the theatrics, you goodie two shoes. LOL! I don't give a fuck what people think of me. Look at you, probably gonna bitch me out for smoking Newports too? C'mon son, you only live once and I'm gonna do what the fuck I wanna do.[/QUOTE]

*yawn* you done yet? Stop talking about being "O.G." and how you do what you wunn do and how you wasted thousands of dollars on mostly crap and get back on topic. And, for your information, I don't waste money or time with shit like that, so yeah, guess I am a goody two shoes.

On topic, here's my updated collection. Not much extra, some guides, a few more PS2 games, etc.

p_00789.jpg

Here's the rest of my DVDs... Still no stand for them, sigh...

p_00791.jpg

Yeah, the picture quality is shit. Not much to gloat about except a few imports and some harder to find DVDs.

I've slowed down quite a bit lately. I'm content with what I have, could go for a few other PS2 wants or some R2 DVDs, but I've got enough to keep me satisfied. And, I've only spent probably around $1,200 or so on it, maybe less. :roll:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Yeah, I don't buy my shit hoping to sell it. I buy it for entertainment! And the dude above me, alcohol and weed you say? HELL yes. I fuck with that hardcore.[/QUOTE]

It didn't sound like the poster above you cares about what you fuck with hardcore, they were mentioning the things THEY enjoy... thanks for sharing and continuing to prove the community correct on their perception of you.

All I can say is, this thread makes me feel so much better about my collection and the enormous backlog I have.... and now I think it's time to place another preorder.....hmmmmm....

[quote name='Vulgarism']Here's the rest of my DVDs... Still no stand for them, sigh...

p_00791.jpg

Yeah, the picture quality is shit. Not much to gloat about except a few imports and some harder to find DVDs.

I've slowed down quite a bit lately. I'm content with what I have, could go for a few other PS2 wants or some R2 DVDs, but I've got enough to keep me satisfied. And, I've only spent probably around $1,200 or so on it, maybe less. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I can hear those DVDs crying softly for appropriate storage. Get yourself a crate or one of those Roughneck Rubbermaid containers--something to free up that table space (or carpet space, whatever you've got going on there).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I can hear those DVDs crying softly for appropriate storage. Get yourself a crate or one of those Roughneck Rubbermaid containers--something to free up that table space (or carpet space, whatever you've got going on there).[/QUOTE]

They've unfortunately been like that for awhile. The only problem is I have no other space for a new shelf or even a storage bin. My room's cramped enough as is, but once I get out of here I should be fine and have them proudly set on something nice. Hell, we used to practice in here in the winter and had to take my bed out just to get everything in. NEED MORE SPACE.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I've dropped around... 15 grand on my collection. I'm 19 years old.[/QUOTE]

Thats a lot of college money right there...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Oh please. Spare me the theatrics, you goodie two shoes. LOL! I don't give a fuck what people think of me. Look at you, probably gonna bitch me out for smoking Newports too? C'mon son, you only live once and I'm gonna do what the fuck I wanna do.[/QUOTE]

Wait...nevermind.

[quote name='Vulgarism']They've unfortunately been like that for awhile. The only problem is I have no other space for a new shelf or even a storage bin. My room's cramped enough as is, but once I get out of here I should be fine and have them proudly set on something nice. Hell, we used to practice in here in the winter and had to take my bed out just to get everything in. NEED MORE SPACE.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain--not long ago I moved to a room that shaved about a foot from each side and I lost a walk-in closet to boot. Sometimes no matter how good you are with storage and downsizing, small is small; maybe one day I'll have desk space again :cry:

[quote name='moon_knight']
101_0613.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The curve of your shelf bugs me a lot lol. Is it cause of the camera angle or is it really balking under that little weight?

[quote name='elessar123']The curve of your shelf bugs me a lot lol. Is it cause of the camera angle or is it really balking under that little weight?[/QUOTE]
It's just the camera angle. When I look at it, there's no curve.

PS3 Collection Below! I have other games to, but just not a lot. I have like 30 something games on the Virtual Console.

GEDC3890.jpg

GEDC3879.jpg

GEDC3880.jpg

GEDC3881.jpg

GEDC3882.jpg

GEDC3883.jpg

GEDC3884.jpg

GEDC3897.jpg

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I buy the games for the fun and enjoyment, not the value. Then again, I don't go posting on websites what I believe I've spent on my collection.

Also, given price histories for past generation games, until they get put in huge collections on a future generation many of the original games will hold their value better than the DVDs. I can't give many DVDs away, it's really sad. Nevermind when they re-release or clean up the audio/video on old DVDs, those DVDs become even more worthless do to the quality variations.

I would agree that Fire_Thief is both Odd and Goofy, so yes... he's definitely O.G.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- generally, games hold value FAR better than DVDs. In fact, I find the whole DVD collecting thing -- from a value standpoint -- to be rather pointless. DVDs are always reprinted in large quantities and the whole limited verbiage is simply marketing fodder. Games, on the other hand, don't typically get reprinted because they have a smaller sale window. Movies, on the other hand, have longer shelf life and far deeper player penetration (IOW, everyone has a DVD player -- not true with consoles) so are printed in huge quantities (and like I said, are frequently reprinted). Also, movies are far more likely to follow the digital distribution channels (i.e. available for download from everywhere). You're not likely to see that happen with AAA/rare games anytime soon due to piracy concerns and that games remain a console-driven business.

Old games will generally hold good value, and I suspect the PS1, PS2 generation (and yes, even old XBX and GCN games) will be much more valuable than a standard DVD collection.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']PS3 Collection Below! I have other games to, but just not a lot. I have like 30 something games on the Virtual Console.

GEDC3890.jpg

GEDC3879.jpg

GEDC3880.jpg

GEDC3881.jpg

GEDC3882.jpg

GEDC3883.jpg

GEDC3884.jpg

GEDC3897.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, you must have every PS3 LE ever made. That's awesome!:D

I got into LEs for a little bit but got rid of many of them because they're just too big and take up too much room.

[quote name='Vinny']Holy crap, you must have every PS3 LE ever made. That's awesome!:D

I got into LEs for a little bit but got rid of many of them because they're just too big and take up too much room.[/QUOTE]

Nope he is missing Rock Band 2. :lol:

Really though, thats an awesome PS3 collection. I can't imagine how much money he spent on all that total.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Yeah -- generally, games hold value FAR better than DVDs. In fact, I find the whole DVD collecting thing -- from a value standpoint -- to be rather pointless. DVDs are always reprinted in large quantities and the whole limited verbiage is simply marketing fodder. Games, on the other hand, don't typically get reprinted because they have a smaller sale window. Movies, on the other hand, have longer shelf life and far deeper player penetration (IOW, everyone has a DVD player -- not true with consoles) so are printed in huge quantities (and like I said, are frequently reprinted). Also, movies are far more likely to follow the digital distribution channels (i.e. available for download from everywhere). You're not likely to see that happen with AAA/rare games anytime soon due to piracy concerns and that games remain a console-driven business.

Old games will generally hold good value, and I suspect the PS1, PS2 generation (and yes, even old XBX and GCN games) will be much more valuable than a standard DVD collection.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the movie... there are OOP DVDs out there worth hundred of dollars... more than you would imagine. Some DVDs hardly lose their value at all (Criterion Collection).

[quote name='lmz00']Even the value of those titles will drop if they're released in Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

I've dumped off all my DVDs with the exception of shows and import films.

Trying to build a bloo-raye collection

PS3/PS2/Movies/Etc. Collection. Although it's not as extensive as Nate Nanjo's, I think I've built up a solid library.

I picked up one of those Atlantic shelves on clearance at BB (Huge thanks to a CAG) but it seems I'll need another for my 360 stuff, handheld games, and other crap.

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0041.jpg

[quote name='lmz00']Even the value of those titles will drop if they're released in Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Very true, the Sin City DC went way down after they released it on Blu-Ray.

Not always... espeically in regards to CC titles. The DVDs tend to sale for more than the Blu-Ray versions. Also the Blu-Ray titles released by different studios don't usually get the extra features found on CC versions, take The Killer for example. Poor transfer and no extras, the DVD is still worth $$$.

And how often do the value of games go up? Say what you want to justify your hobby, but don't act like the vast majority of all electronic media doesn't drastically decrease in value in a rather short period of time, so who gives a shit if you collect movies or games, a long as you enjoy watching or playing them then who really gives a fuck?

There's no need to get excited. I'm not trying to justify anything. I don't consider my games or movies "investments." If you want to use a few examples to make yourself feel better about your DVD collection, that's cool.

If the games are popular, they'll almost always increase in value (assuming they're new, of course). You were most likely talking about used games, though. Rarely will anything retain/go up in value once it's been opened/used.

I wasn't trying to make myself feel better about my collection, I was just using examples of DVDs that have increased in value since release (and even linked a website that keeps lists of most of these DVDs). I stopped buying DVDs (for the most part) years ago. I don't see the point in buying games to keep sealed unless you're are trying to make them into some type of investment. I buy games to play, movies to watch, music to listen to (yes, I am one of the few that still buys CDs), books to read, and so on and so forth.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']PS3 Collection Below! I have other games to, but just not a lot. I have like 30 something games on the Virtual Console....snip - a bunch of pictures - snip...[/QUOTE]

Nice collection. Really like the Demon's Souls and Ninja Gaiden collectors edition packaging.

[quote name='Vinny']Holy crap, you must have every PS3 LE ever made. That's awesome!:D

I got into LEs for a little bit but got rid of many of them because they're just too big and take up too much room.[/QUOTE]

New house, perhaps?

Very nice Rozz. What are those posters you have on the left side? They seem like very random sizes. Also, would you mind taking a picture of those Mega Man figures? (^'.')>

Excuse the crappy cell phone picture.. battery in my video camera is dead and I don't own a regular digital camera haha.

Gaming stuff only:
w1e1k5.jpg

Pictured: Pokemon cards in a Gremlins tin, Sailor Moon alarm clock, Vincent Valentine plush, Xbox 360 (from pro20gb with a 120gb HDD), Neo-Shadow Hat, Link plush, 22" HDTV, Xbox games: Forza 2, BlazBlue 2, Batman: Arkhan Asylum, Star Wars, Devil May Cry 4, Lego Star Wars, Left 4 Dead 2, Fable 2, Halo: Reach, BlazBlue, Pikachu plush, PSP 2001 with a 256mb card, Brainy smurf, PS2 games (which I can't quite rattle off in order but includes: ) DDR Max, DDR Max 2, .hack//INFECTION, Shining Force EXA, Tales of Legendia, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Persona 4 (in the P3:FES box, long story), Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII, DS games: Pokemon Platinum, The World Ends With You, Animal Crossing, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, Pokemon SoulSilver, Blue DSi in box, Junpei Iori's hat, N64 games: South Park, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Racing, the Rugrats, Final Fantasy 6 (Super Famicom), UMD movies: Clerks, the Dark Crystal, Dumb & Dumber, Pirates of the Caribbean, PSP games: Castlevania, Daxter, GTA: Vice City Stories, Harry Potter 4, Monster Hunter Freedom, Mortal Kombat Unchained, Persona 3: Portable, The Sims 2, PSP 1001, 20gb Xbox HDD, GameCube, Boxless disks: Guitar Hero Wii, Simpsons Hit & Run GC, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Nintendo 64 w/ Donkey Kong, purple box of standard-legal Magic: The Gathering cards, Roxas action figure, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon LeafGreen, Pink GameBoy Advance, Magic 2011 fat pack box with my standard legal and casual play decks.
Disregard the laundry explosion, that's...all of the clothes I own.

I have more stuff that's still boxed up from moving, but that's what I've got put together already.

Here's an update since last time.

Got another stand, but it's sort of out of place at the moment, but out of room, so it had to go somewhere for the time being :*(

My Games Stuff and set up
cimg0316.jpg

cimg0318f.jpg

cimg0325w.jpg

And here's some pictures of my systems set up I took a couple weeks back,

cimg0311.jpg

cimg0313v.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to do some wall mounted shelves will be since my room is even running out of space on the walls.

We'll see when it comes down to it I guess.

[quote name='Squarehard']Here's an update since last time.

Got another stand, but it's sort of out of place at the moment, but out of room, so it had to go somewhere for the time being :*(

My Games Stuff and set up
cimg0316.jpg

cimg0318f.jpg

cimg0325w.jpg

And here's some pictures of my systems set up I took a couple weeks back,

cimg0311.jpg

cimg0313v.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to do some wall mounted shelves will be since my room is even running out of space on the walls.

We'll see when it comes down to it I guess.[/QUOTE]

Me likey the first bookcase. looks nice where did you got it. Im just starting to get the room furnished, looking for different tv stands(tv is an 37") and maybe an small bookcase like the one you have in the first photo as I have little less than 30 games for my 4 consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Very nice Rozz. What are those posters you have on the left side? They seem like very random sizes. Also, would you mind taking a picture of those Mega Man figures? (^'.')>[/QUOTE]

They're some random gaming posters from older generations. I'll try to get a photo of the Mega Man figures up there this week. :)

[quote name='luischav3z']Me likey the first bookcase. looks nice where did you got it. Im just starting to get the room furnished, looking for different tv stands(tv is an 37") and maybe an small bookcase like the one you have in the first photo as I have little less than 30 games for my 4 consoles.[/QUOTE]

It's this guy right here,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...lack/9735301.p?skuId=9735301&id=1218164358370

It's a newer version of an older one I had, but that one sucked cause it was flimsy as hell, but this new one's middle shelf is secured in, so it prevents it from wobbling and swaying like it did before.

It's a nice little stand :D

Has anyone yet braved the unsafe world of ceiling storage? It's always been a fantasy of mine to make use of that untapped resource--and aerial storage options actually do exist! Just google "ceiling mounted storage racks" and you'll see what I mean.

Something like this Suncast job would be great aesthetically, but the vertical height makes the apparatus unsuitable for bedroom use.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-Ceili...ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1286976568&sr=1-8

[quote name='elessar123']I think they're ugly =P[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, I think the time when I need to start storing stuff on the ceiling will definitely be the time I decide I have waaaaay too much stuff.

[quote name='elessar123']I think they're ugly =P[/QUOTE]

You'll be jealous when the chicks are impressed by the n64 Mario CIBs encaged over the lovenest. It's like a mirror on the ceiling, only much stranger O_O

Though I suppose there is an alternative for those looking for a more streamlined, modern look. How about overhead compartments, like the kind found on airplanes?

bread's done
Back