Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Those are some pretty snazzy looking cases... I should do that with my SNES/64 games...[/QUOTE]

I'm somewhat on the fence about UGCs, on the one hand they're a decent storage option if you have just cartridge and manual, but now and then I'll find Complete in Box games in the wild (which defeats the purpose of having a Universal Game Case.)

Since I don't know what my collection will mature into, my inner cheapass tells me to wait and look for other storage options. Plus chances are if a local collector falls on hard times I'll be able to get the case with a game purchase at no extra cost.

I was going to do the case setup for my snes stuff a few months back, but passed on it since they no longer make the black cases.

Ash Your printer must hate you.

[quote name='TiKi2']I was going to do the case setup for my snes stuff a few months back, but passed on it since they no longer make the black cases.

Ash Your printer must hate you.[/QUOTE]

I have my suspicions that Office Depot is the way to go on the prints; I'd rather bring the JPEGs in on CD and pay 37 cents each than print three at home and blow out a $20 black ink cartridge.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I have my suspicions that Office Depot is the way to go on the prints; I'd rather bring the JPEGs in on CD and pay 37 cents each than print three at home and blow out a $20 black ink cartridge.[/QUOTE]

So true. Ink Jets seem to bleed ink onto the paper. I think I printed something like 12 4"x6" pictures at medium DPI once and my color inkjet cartridge was running low. It is absolutely ridiculous.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I have my suspicions that Office Depot is the way to go on the prints; I'd rather bring the JPEGs in on CD and pay 37 cents each than print three at home and blow out a $20 black ink cartridge.[/QUOTE]
Correct. I went to Staples.

in 10 years youll most likely regret selling all the games you have/had now(unless they were all 360).

i know i did.

i had a job in 8th grade and i stayed buying games weekly(getting cash at the end of every night plus a check every friday in 8th grade with absolutely nothing to spend your money on but games and weed is pretty sweet).

i eventually traded the majority to different Game Stop type stores(babages, EB, FYE at the time) for the same reason you did.

ugh, so many games i wish i woulda kept(a few ps1 and snes games come to mind).

i still have a few ps1 games that have price stickers on em too(persona 2 $30 EB, ha).

(by the way gc/xbox came out like 9th grade year for me, ps2 8th grade)

[quote name='StripesOrBars']in 10 years youll most likely regret selling all the games you have/had now(unless they were all 360).

i know i did.

i had a job in 8th grade and i stayed buying games weekly(getting cash at the end of every night plus a check every friday in 8th grade with absolutely nothing to spend your money on but games and weed is pretty sweet).

i eventually traded the majority to different Game Stop type stores(babages, EB, FYE at the time) for the same reason you did.

ugh, so many games i wish i woulda kept(a few ps1 and snes games come to mind).

i still have a few ps1 games that have price stickers on em too(persona 2 $30 EB, ha).

(by the way gc/xbox came out like 9th grade year for me, ps2 8th grade)[/QUOTE]

1 - go back in time
2 - buy 10 copies of every PS1 - SNES RPG when they were cheap
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

:D

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm somewhat on the fence about UGCs, on the one hand they're a decent storage option if you have just cartridge and manual, but now and then I'll find Complete in Box games in the wild (which defeats the purpose of having a Universal Game Case.)

Since I don't know what my collection will mature into, my inner cheapass tells me to wait and look for other storage options. Plus chances are if a local collector falls on hard times I'll be able to get the case with a game purchase at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]

I know this post is from a couple weeks ago, but oh well..

SNES and N64 boxes don't look terrible at all on the shelf next to UGCs since they're around the same size, so it's not an either/or thing:

picture.php

[quote name='bvharris']I know this post is from a couple weeks ago, but oh well..

SNES and N64 boxes don't look terrible at all on the shelf next to UGCs since they're around the same size, so it's not an either/or thing:[/QUOTE]

That's okay, my lurking powers are strong!

You're right, the boxes and UGCs do look okay together for display purposes. The only thing--I hate to say it--is that I'm starting to get paranoid about things like DUST. With UGCs and Playstation cases you can always switch them out if they get too gnarly-looking due to exposure from the elements. On the other hand, a fresh-looking SNES box can be hard to replace. For now I'll be keeping my boxes within other boxes...

[quote name='Edwin29']1 - go back in time
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

:D[/QUOTE]

Correction in step 2:

2 - buy EVERY copy you can find of modern high value PS1, SNES, NES etc. RPGs and other rarities when they were cheap. Also buy prime real estate, stocks, antiques, paintings, etc. at their cheapest. Buy low sell high.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']The only thing--I hate to say it--is that I'm starting to get paranoid about things like DUST. With UGCs and Playstation cases you can always switch them out if they get too gnarly-looking due to exposure from the elements. On the other hand, a fresh-looking SNES box can be hard to replace. For now I'll be keeping my boxes within other boxes...[/QUOTE]

What kind of toxic dust do you have that causes SNES boxes to become gnarly? ;) Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying.

I like seeing the pictures here for inspiration. When I get around to it, I'm going to put my Saturn and Sega CD games in custom DVD cases and put all my original cases in a box in storage. I swear those things crack just by looking at them.

[quote name='karkyco']Correction in step 2:

2 - buy EVERY copy you can find of modern high value PS1, SNES, NES etc. RPGs and other rarities when they were cheap. Also buy prime real estate, stocks, antiques, paintings, etc. at their cheapest. Buy low sell high.[/QUOTE]

You must also use coins from that time period or they will know you are from the future!

[quote name='salty tbone']What kind of toxic dust do you have that causes SNES boxes to become gnarly? ;) Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying.

I like seeing the pictures here for inspiration. When I get around to it, I'm going to put my Saturn and Sega CD games in custom DVD cases and put all my original cases in a box in storage. I swear those things crack just by looking at them.[/QUOTE]

My father's house was filled to the brim with antique radios, old and disintegrating bookstuffs, piles of newspapers, etc. There was even dust on toy cars and figures inside the china cabinet, dust in the joints, ugh...there was just so many collectibles I had to toss due to dust damage, mildew damage, being in the attic with rats and temperature change damage.

I used to have HESS trucks in box up on my shelf for a number of years; I swear they each started getting this brown horizontal line across the top... the life-bringing sun only brought death to them. Now the only game-related items I have up on my bookshelf are two PC large boxes, FAR from the window, and getting dry washcloth wipe-downs monthly.

Btw, what do you think about having a game storage chant? XD

* * * Rotation * * *
* * * Protection * * *
* * * Mastery * * *

[quote name='slowdive21']You must also use coins from that time period or they will know you are from the future![/QUOTE]

Sealed copies of Valkyrie Profile for $28...I saw them...I remember them being everywhere :drool: It sort of goes with this dream sequence where I'm at a college flea market and see Final Fantasy 7 for $7 and I'm laughing in slow-motion, saying that won't be worth anything because they made millions of copies. Then I walk over to a table and buy a small case of cassettes for $20.

wow, i just moved my snes games because of the sun.

i had a shade up, but the little bit of sun that got into the room was irking me pretty badly.

so i moved them into the closet, along with my snes boxes and n64 games too.

heres a pic of the snes games:

Alright, so i'm a mostly PC gamer (recently iPod gaming :D) so here's most of my stuff. Most of my games are digital via STEAM or Direct2Drive, steam account has about 250 games, EA has 30 and Direct2Drive has about 80. Proud to say I have never pirated a game in my entire life. Just saved up enough cash for a new gaming pc, parts will arrive tomorrow. Will post pics. :)

PC Games
img0116bh.jpg

More PC Games
img0118ek.jpg

Even more
img0119yp.jpg

And more...
img0120la.jpg

And more....
img0122sm.jpg

And more.....
img0123xw.jpg

Jewel Case Stuff
img0124wb.jpg

Olde stuff
img0125ymr.jpg

More
img0126g.jpg

Baldur's Gate(got all this for $21)
img0127bf.jpg

Got this lot of ebay for $11
img0128e.jpg

Free from OnLive
img0129er.jpg

PSP
img0130ju.jpg

Gamecube
img0131zn.jpg

Man Cave
img0133vx.jpg

iPods(images kinda bad, taken with my backup ipod)
img0132lu.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21']You must also use coins from that time period or they will know you are from the future![/QUOTE]

LOL indeed. I forgot to mention that. Basically, you should go back with a pile of gold/silver (preferably bought/pilfered from an even earlier era) and change that into the currency of that time period. Of course if time travel were really a viable option, there would be far greater goals than buying up all the collectibles etc. our little hearts desired...mainly world domination, control of the central banks, etc. but I digress.

I dig the repro-label/coverproject UGC's even when mixed with complete boxed games, although I'd rather keep the complete boxed games for display purposes only, and not mixed in with the UGCs for everyday play/wear. I ended up using the cover project to get inserts for tons of GBA and GBC/original GB games that I had and put them in DS cases, just to align everything. Very cool having uniform Fire Emblems, Zelda GB/GBC/GBA/DS games etc.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Sealed copies of Valkyrie Profile for $28...I saw them...I remember them being everywhere :drool: It sort of goes with this dream sequence where I'm at a college flea market and see Final Fantasy 7 for $7 and I'm laughing in slow-motion, saying that won't be worth anything because they made millions of copies. Then I walk over to a table and buy a small case of cassettes for $20.[/QUOTE]

FLOL, I've had some pretty vivid dreams where I'm at some random stores that are selling classic stuff, games toys comics etc. from my childhood for insanely cheap, and I'm just buying out the entire store just CRAZY excited, holding bags and bags of loot running to the car laughing like a madman...then I wake up choking a couple pillows wedged under each arm :whistle2:(

I've had dreams like those, too. I'll be at a store like Walmart and find sealed SNES stuff hidden in a corner and get all excited. Then wake up disappointed. :[

[quote name='Edwin29']1 - go back in time
3 - come back to 2011
4 - profit

:D[/QUOTE]

You guys have it all wrong. I would go back in time and buy every Neo Geo USA AES game. I would finish my Neo Geo Aes collection and then i can retire. Also, your uncommon Neo Geo USA AES game is pretty much worth more than your rarest PS1 RPG game.

[quote name='dan13l858']You guys have it all wrong. I would go back in time and buy every Neo Geo USA AES game. I would finish my Neo Geo Aes collection and then i can retire. Also, your uncommon Neo Geo USA AES game is pretty much worth more than your rarest PS1 RPG game.[/QUOTE]

I see your Neo geo US AES games and raise you a full boat of Stadium Events (sealed). LOL could you imagine? Tracking down every store that was shipped the US Bandai release and buying every copy before they could get recalled?

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']

Still liking my mini-collection. Need to get a fighting game and I think I'm good to go ;)

Edit: My copy of Super Mario All Stars is tucked away ;)[/QUOTE]

DOH! Monster pic.

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL, I've had some pretty vivid dreams where I'm at some random stores that are selling classic stuff, games toys comics etc. from my childhood for insanely cheap, and I'm just buying out the entire store just CRAZY excited, holding bags and bags of loot running to the car laughing like a madman...then I wake up choking a couple pillows wedged under each arm :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm not the only one! It was even worse back in the pre-high-speed-internet days where you didn't even know if a product existed (hence my one-time journey to the Library of Congress to photocopy a leather-bound Fallout 2 strategy guide).

Ooo, there's another dream where I walked into an Electronics Boutique only instead of games they had all these anime DVDs up on the walls. Then the clerk--who was sitting at a customer service desk in the style of Barnes & Noble said to me "Could I interest you in a Robotech OST?" Then it becomes one of those set on repeat, divide by zero, wake up in cold sweat nightmare moments when you realize you don't know where the hell to obtain such an item. Well, fuck you dream, now I have the The Robotech OST 20th Anniversary Collection, the Protoculture Collection, and all the books by Jack McKinney!

[quote name='dan13l858']You guys have it all wrong. I would go back in time and buy every Neo Geo USA AES game. I would finish my Neo Geo Aes collection and then i can retire. Also, your uncommon Neo Geo USA AES game is pretty much worth more than your rarest PS1 RPG game.[/QUOTE]

Win +1, I totally forgot about the Neo Geo games. So, now all we have to do is wait until StripesOrBars finish the fucking Time Machine LOL.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']It would make it even more rare.

i would buy up and the mario allstars wii[/QUOTE]

How do you know that it's not a paradox though--that by going back in time and buying up all the all-stars that you didn't create the current scarcity in the first place? O_O

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']How do you know that it's not a paradox though--that by going back in time and buying up all the all-stars that you didn't create the current scarcity in the first place? O_O[/QUOTE]

Then the next morning you'll have Jean Claude Van Damme arresting you for altering the space-time continuum LOL

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']
027.jpg

Still liking my mini-collection. Need to get a fighting game and I think I'm good to go ;)

Edit: My copy of Super Mario All Stars is tucked away ;)[/QUOTE]

What is that DVD with the pliers up the guys nose?

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Indeed it is R A The Rugged Man. Legendary Classics Vol 1. Great CD. Real hip-hop. Youtube "Uncommen Valor". His verse in that is one of the greatest of all time. Highly recommend that CD.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say I went to youtube as a skeptic and left pretty damn impressed. Great stuff. Thanks for opening my eyes.

[quote name='salty tbone']Just wanted to say I went to youtube as a skeptic and left pretty damn impressed. Great stuff. Thanks for opening my eyes.[/QUOTE] Hey NP. I love to disprove the whole "hip-hop is dead" stuff. Its just underground.

There is a lot of good underground hip hop out there, I used to be into it maybe around 6 years ago. Depending where you live you get to here a lot of these groups. I remember there was one I liked a lot I wonder if there still around, they were called Jedi Mind Tricks.

[quote name='skiizim']There is a lot of good underground hip hop out there, I used to be into it maybe around 6 years ago. Depending where you live you get to here a lot of these groups. I remember there was one I liked a lot I wonder if there still around, they were called Jedi Mind Tricks.[/QUOTE] Yeah they are. That song "Uncommen Valor" Is also on their album "Servants in heaven kings in hell". Vinnie Paz does the first verse. Army of the Pharoes is a group by them. Immortal Technique is someone to check out also. R A is the man. Sorry to hijack this thread with hip hop talk lol :bouncy:

bread's done
Back