Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='kayne2000']yes but we like to lie to ourselves and tell ourselves that we will in fact use this crap. how we still convince ourselves of this is truly remarkable given the backlogs of movies and games the people of this thread(and yes thats me too even though ive never posted a picture) has to be astronomical.[/QUOTE]

This is too true. I feel like this site and more specifically this thread is like a cross between a dealer and support group. My thoughts range from:
"I don't need to collect as much anymore. Backlog, etc." to "Oh. I could use one of those in my collection too. Wonder what they're going for on eBay."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='creech42']This is too true. I feel like this site and more specifically this thread is like a cross between a dealer and support group. My thoughts range from:
"I don't need to collect as much anymore. Backlog, etc." to "Oh. I could use one of those in my collection too. Wonder what they're going for on eBay."[/QUOTE]

its true. i keep telling myself otherwise lol. i really should put more into savings and investments. its a goal this year. though i admit for many many reasons this year did not start out like i wanted too.

[quote name='kayne2000']its true. i keep telling myself otherwise lol. i really should put more into savings and investments. its a goal this year. though i admit for many many reasons this year did not start out like i wanted too.[/QUOTE]

For sure man. I made $.30 on my savings account in 2012. A few more years, and I'll have enough to invest in a McChicken sandwich.

[quote name='Vinny']For sure man. I made $.30 on my savings account in 2012. A few more years, and I'll have enough to invest in a McChicken sandwich.[/QUOTE]

ok well well i am slightly better than 30 cents lol. i can get two mcChicken sandwhiches!

ok yea im not that bad but i should do noticably better.

Square I don't know how you can live with all the CE blocking themselves and just looking random. And how the hell do you have so many DS games?

Seeing those old console boxes makes me wish I didn't toss all of mine out as a kid. I didn't really keep everything in perfect shape until I was in my teens.

[quote name='KtMack23']Square I don't know how you can live with all the CE blocking themselves and just looking random. And how the hell do you have so many DS games?[/QUOTE]

Don't even man... I nagged him to death about how he displays his CEs but he's all like, "fuck you Vinny!".

[quote name='Vinny']Don't even man... I nagged him to death about how he displays his CEs but he's all like, "fuck you Vinny!".[/QUOTE]

did he say it Godfather style??

[quote name='KtMack23']Square I don't know how you can live with all the CE blocking themselves and just looking random. And how the hell do you have so many DS games?[/QUOTE]

There was a point where I almost got them all to show, but then I kept getting more CEs again, and after that I just gave up again since I'm out of room after all.

And as for the DS games I've actually had the same amount now for a couple years now, so there's still a ton of titles I haven't even gotten around to picking up, but with all the time I've been devoting to buying anime it's on hiatus still. :3

[quote name='Vinny']Don't even man... I nagged him to death about how he displays his CEs but he's all like, "fuck you Vinny!".[/QUOTE]

I tried, but after I started picking up a ton of CEs again I gave up. T___T

[quote name='kayne2000']did he say it Godfather style??[/QUOTE]

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

[quote name='kayne2000']yes but we like to lie to ourselves and tell ourselves that we will in fact use this crap. how we still convince ourselves of this is truly remarkable given the backlogs of movies and games the people of this thread(and yes thats me too even though ive never posted a picture) has to be astronomical.[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell don't ;)

[quote name='Squarehard']Maybe he was referencing your to-do shelf.[/QUOTE]

that and his giant collection that no one man could watch or play all of lol

Less wiggy bashing, more pics!! But seriously, I figured I'd post my current setup. There's a lot of stuff missing that stored in my closet right now until my roommate moves out and I can take the room over. Let it be known that I dusted everything before I finished this post. I didn't realize how dusty it was until I saw the pics since my living room is generally pretty dark.

You will have to tilt your head for some of these. I didn't realize that rotating them in photobucket would not rotate the linked pics.

First some overall pictures:
Here's basically everything:
100_0338.jpg

Left side:
100_0337.jpg

Middle:
100_0359.jpg

Right side:
100_0340.jpg

A couple misc things off to the side:
100_0336.jpg

Closeups of the left one, which is my newer school games:
360 games:
100_0351.jpg

Xbox and Wii:
100_0352.jpg

GC, DS, and some misc stuff.
100_0353.jpg

PS3, Wii U, PSP, and some PS2:
100_0354.jpg

The rest of the PS2:
100_0355.jpg

PS1:
100_0356.jpg

The very bottom shelf is all of my roommates games, so I didn't get a pic of that stuff.

Closeups of the right shelf, my old school stuff:
Atari 2600, Virtual Boy, SMS:
100_0341.jpg

Genesis, DC, Sega CD, and some misc stuff:
100_0342.jpg

SNES:
100_0343.jpg

N64, I hated the lack of end labels so I just made some.
100_0344.jpg

NES part 1:
100_0346.jpg

NES part 2:
100_0347.jpg

NES part 3:
100_0348.jpg

NES part 4:
100_0345.jpg

NES part 5:
100_0349.jpg

[quote name='Macheezmo']Less wiggy bashing, more pics!! But seriously, I figured I'd post my current setup. There's a lot of stuff missing that stored in my closet right now until my roommate moves out and I can take the room over. Let it be known that I dusted everything before I finished this post. I didn't realize how dusty it was until I saw the pics since my living room is generally pretty dark.

You will have to tilt your head for some of these. I didn't realize that rotating them in photobucket would not rotate the linked pics.

First some overall pictures:
Here's basically everything:
100_0338.jpg

Left side:
100_0337.jpg

Middle:
100_0359.jpg

Right side:
100_0340.jpg

A couple misc things off to the side:
100_0336.jpg

Closeups of the left one, which is my newer school games:
360 games:
100_0351.jpg

Xbox and Wii:
100_0352.jpg

GC, DS, and some misc stuff.
100_0353.jpg

PS3, Wii U, PSP, and some PS2:
100_0354.jpg

The rest of the PS2:
100_0355.jpg

PS1:
100_0356.jpg

The very bottom shelf is all of my roommates games, so I didn't get a pic of that stuff.

Closeups of the right shelf, my old school stuff:
Atari 2600, Virtual Boy, SMS:
100_0341.jpg

Genesis, DC, Sega CD, and some misc stuff:
100_0342.jpg

SNES:
100_0343.jpg

N64, I hated the lack of end labels so I just made some.
100_0344.jpg

NES part 1:
100_0346.jpg

NES part 2:
100_0347.jpg

NES part 3:
100_0348.jpg

NES part 4:
100_0345.jpg

NES part 5:
100_0349.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Beautiful collection and set up!:applause:
Did you preorder all those Mass effect figures?

[quote name='TommyLove']Beautiful collection and set up!:applause:
Did you preorder all those Mass effect figures?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My wife actually preordered them all. She's also the one that wanted the big femshep poster that's on the wall. Mass Effect is her favorite game series of all time.

Very nice nice collection! I'm curious though, why do you leave empty spots and let some of the games sit at an angle (like your cart only NES & SNES games) on some of the shelves?

And I think you might wanna do some dusting...:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Very nice nice collection! I'm curious though, why do you leave empty spots and let some of the games sit at an angle (like your cart only NES & SNES games) on some of the shelves?

And I think you might wanna do some dusting...:lol:[/QUOTE]

So I don't have to reorganize everything when I get some new games. Also I dusted before I finished posting. The flash is very revealing when it comes to dust. The 5 games on the SNES shelf stacked up also aren't mine, so I keep them seperate that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Macheezmo']Thanks! My wife actually preordered them all. She's also the one that wanted the big femshep poster that's on the wall. Mass Effect is her favorite game series of all time.[/QUOTE]
Are you guys swingers by any chance?

[quote name='skiizim']I need to get me some pixel art![/QUOTE]

I have actually made a bunch of these using perler beads. It can be a lot of fun and unless you screw up with the iron, it's pretty much foolproof. Simple characters with dark outlines like Mega Man do tend to work best. I'll take some pictures of the ones I've made if anybody wants to see.

The supplies are fairly inexpensive at a craft store like Michael's but the larger tubs tend to have a lot of useless colors. Instead you can buy specific colors at this site. which I think is a much better way to go.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Are you guys swingers by any chance?[/QUOTE]

LOL, no. Even better is that at night she tells me I need to play video games so she has something to watch.

And yeah, the perlers are super easy to do. I just added a Samus to my collection last night, and will probably do Simon Belmont, Mario, Link, and Bill Rizer in the next few days.

[quote name='Macheezmo']LOL, no. Even better is that at night she tells me I need to play video games so she has something to watch.

And yeah, the perlers are super easy to do. I just added a Samus to my collection last night, and will probably do Simon Belmont, Mario, Link, and Bill Rizer in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I can't perler to save my life :/

I've tried, there are many I'd like to have, but I can't do it lol

I got my new ghetto storage boxes... they're actually pretty nice given what they cost. I should be able to post a collection pic soon (hopefully).

[quote name='Macheezmo']LOL, no. Even better is that at night she tells me I need to play video games so she has something to watch.[/QUOTE]
Actually sounds a bit like my wife. She enjoys watching the stories in some of these games. And just the other night, she basically ordered me to start playing Skyrim again because my Xbox is sad that I haven't played it in nearly two weeks.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Actually sounds a bit like my wife. She enjoys watching the stories in some of these games. And just the other night, she basically ordered me to start playing Skyrim again because my Xbox is sad that I haven't played it in nearly two weeks.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend does this too. She'll tell me to start playing a game so she can watch it (while playing on the computer and/or reading). If I decide to play something she doesn't want to watch (i.e. one of my NCAAF Dynasties or my second play through of Xenoblade -- "It's Reyn time!"), she pulls out the "what about all those other games I got you?" She strategically adds games to my backlog just to help dictate what I play :lol:.

Well damn, just ran out of space in my man closet for new games/movies. I think it's time for some creative consolidation (or more eBay/trade fodder)

I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.

1Zh5Rb9.jpg

Heres some close-ups.

aCFPpDy.jpg

KjEK3nR.jpg

The NES games blocked by flash are Mario 3, 2 and Trojan.

[quote name='dodgeme']I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.
[/QUOTE]

Man, shelves look so much nicer when they're side by side.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Made my shelves more efficient - now I can fit maybe 50 more blus on there =]

iFpLyap.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).

[quote name='Vinny']
Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).[/QUOTE]

Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']I see you have a big backlog of movies as well![/QUOTE]

Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D

I've got to get a new projector. Mines completely dead, but it was so cheap to start with it's not really worth repairing. I suppose I could just get a TV for the game room, but after having the projector in there I love how much more room it gives you.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D[/QUOTE]

just make sure you save up for the good one. my friend got one of the ones that is a few hundred dollars cheaper and it glitches out(i cant remember why but some features the more expensive one had). so save up for the best one.

its great when it works but sometimes it does get glitchy.

[quote name='Squarehard']Big Boo eating Mega Man.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Love this too :applause:

[quote name='ZombieToast']Are you guys swingers by any chance?[/QUOTE]

LO fucking L!

[quote name='TommyLove']^ good use of space. You must be a giant if you can reach the top shelves.[/QUOTE]

Ceiling is actually 4'5" high :p

[quote name='dodgeme']I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.
1Zh5Rb9.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Are those red Bluray cases?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']How soon we forget about HD-DVD :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha. I own about 20 HD-DVDs and even I took a doubletake before thinking "oh right." I forgot where I even got them but they were dirt cheap (as was the add-on 360 player).

I really only kept them because of how cheap I got them and a standalone player. Figure why get rid of them when they look just fine to me.

[quote name='dodgeme']I really only kept them because of how cheap I got them and a standalone player. Figure why get rid of them when they look just fine to me.[/QUOTE]

You're right, there is no reason to get rid of them. Plus they're a nice part of a collection since many people forgot about them.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']How soon we forget about HD-DVD :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was just thinking this. I almost bought an Xbox HD DVD adapter the other day for 10 bucks.

Almost.

[quote name='dodgeme']I really only kept them because of how cheap I got them and a standalone player. Figure why get rid of them when they look just fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Shit, they work, right? I'd keep em too :)

bread's done
Back