Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Looking at third picture down, two doors side-by-side.  Usually closets are recessed into rooms.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Edit:

That's a tall tower!  You attach them together, don't you?  Not worried about it being too top heavy?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a tall tower! You attach them together, don't you? Not worried about it being too top heavy?
Luckily all of the base boards stick out pretty far, so they've actually well leveraged.

Of course the only real test would be an earthquake, which is currently out of stock in my area. :*(

We'll get an Earthquake sooner or later. That's when the real test begins. 

If you live in Orange County, you would've felt the minor one we had 2ish weeks ago. :lol: 

We'll get an Earthquake sooner or later. That's when the real test begins.

If you live in Orange County, you would've felt the minor one we had 2ish weeks ago. :lol:
I'm in the Bay Area, so rarely ever has anything major.

Worst I've experienced here was a 5.0, and everything faired pretty well, but it was only like 10 seconds. so meep, meep! :3

It's been about a year since I moved to the new place so I took some crappy cell phone pics of the new game room. Still not happy with how it's organized but it's a work in progress. Most of the new stuff is 3DS, WiiU and XB1. Other notables are Landstalker (Genesis), SSB64, Banjo Kazooie 64, boxed Sidearms and Cadash (TG16), boxed Mickey's Magical Quest 1+2, Gruntys Revenge and Motocross Maniacs (GBA). Modded a KI fightstick. Combined my wife's DS stuff with mine, so there's a few more doubles there now but I think it's all alphabetical except for 1 sonic Rush game I misplaced.

Added a comparison shot of my 3DSXL next to my GBA Micro. So happy to finally have a portable system that's easy on big hands. It's super comfy with the circle pad Pro, best ergonomics I've ever experienced in a handheld.

gallery_310073_8389_94133.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_76998.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_11349.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_208431.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_83093.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_195680.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_3580.jpeg

gallery_310073_8389_231739.jpeg

Miscellaneous stuff:

Imported Mario & Luigi House-shoes
download955-95.jpg

Lego Alien Display Case w/ sensor lights
*Currently in my closet, I'm planning on remove all the logo stuff and [customize theme of the case] to display my Nintendo stuff.
6.jpg

Closet view pt.1
4-1.jpg

Closet view pt.2
Small brown box is Dead Rising 2: High stakes edition, other box is MK: CE
2-2.jpg

NSMB 2 Signing!
Placed above my closet.
1-2.jpg

6/29/13 Update

3DS/Blu Rays:

Controller/Charge Station:

WiiU/Wii/GCN Games: (not complete)

NDS/360/PS3 Games & Statues:

TV & Console Set Up:

Currently playing games held in Club Nintendo Mario DS Hat.

Statues & Figurines:

Miscellaneous stuff:

Year of Luigi Coin

Zelda collection *not complete, didnt feel like fetching everything*

All gold everything:

Closet

Minor 4/21 Update!

Outside closet:
21l934x.jpg

WiiU/Wii Games
6p6ssm.jpg

Display Case

35177l2.jpg

PS4 Games:

vpx761.jpg

Control/Charge Station
141p3yg.jpg

Figs:
6h5eur.jpg

Entertainment Setup:

flhhuc.jpg

Dang Kurosaki-san your collection is off the hook.

I really like your display case and figures. Also the katana in front of your TV

will inspire respectful behavior in the presense of such a a magnificant collection.

Where'd you get the display case? I'd love to get one just like that.

I really like your display case and figures. Also the katana in front of your TV

will inspire respectful behavior in the presense of such a a magnificant collection.

^This

Anyone here familiar with TimeWalkGames? Just found out they're shutting down. I only discovered them a roughly a year ago and wanted to pick up some SNES repros but they were just out of my price range. I literally bought a game from them a month ago since it was on sale. They recently shut down and I don't know of any other reputable sites that sell CiB (as in, with an original cardboard style box and not a plastic case) repros.

I've thought about that so many times that it's ridiculous, but it's easier said then done. You get the most value out of eBay but that's time consuming, heavy with fees, and a huge risk due to scammers. Selling on sites like CAG aren't much better, outside of less risk.

What I do know is I wanna get rid of most of my guide collection but guides have lost so much value over the last 1-2 years. And no, it's not just because of free online FAQs since these same guides used to sell for above MSRP just a few years back.
Not interested in taking them ALL off your hands, but may be very interested in quite a few of those guides depending on what you've got! Send me a PM if you're still looking to sell some! Thanks!

Thanks, it's not all that compared to others in this thread.

The display case is from Ikea; *lighting is sold separately for $15
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

How is the case in terms of keeping out dust? I'd love to use this to display some of my favorite stuff.

Still, kinda pricey for $65, plus another $15 for lighting. Does Ikea ever have sales?
Detolf is one of the most sought after display case of figure collectors. Ikea always runs out of this case.

This is not my collection but heres an example of how figures look like inside

You can also search google for "detolf figure collection" to see more samples. Actually im planning on buying some of these cases in the future.

Yeah, but that doesn't really answer my question... there's gaps between the side panels and doors, so I'm guessing it's not all that great at keeping out dust. 

But it looks damn nice. I'll probably end up picking one up. 

Yeah, but that doesn't really answer my question... there's gaps between the side panels and doors, so I'm guessing it's not all that great at keeping out dust.

I had figures in one for a couple of years. They ended up with some dust on them, but not that much.

How is the case in terms of keeping out dust? I'd love to use this to display some of my favorite stuff.

Still, kinda pricey for $65, plus another $15 for lighting. Does Ikea ever have sales?
I only had it for about 2 months, so far no dust. It's pretty pricey but like I told others, you spend so much on these figures, you might as well display them elegantly. Theres other cheaper lighting solutions, Ikea have some that's battery operated but they don't shine as bright as the outlet ones. Also their plastic like, the one I has is metal.

The gaps are only on the sides of the front glass, with a small gap at the very top of the front as well.

It's even more beautiful in person, especially with the light on reflecting on the figs. The light shines so lovely off the Zelda XL.

Detolf is one of the most sought after display case of figure collectors. Ikea always runs out of this case.

This is not my collection but heres an example of how figures look like inside

You can also search google for "detolf figure collection" to see more samples. Actually im planning on buying some of these cases in the future.
I may have to order one of those. My Batman vs Killer Croc statue has been in the box since I got it last year because I had no book cases to put it on. If this one feels solid I may have to look into getting multiples and lining them up like you - just gotta see how it feels with the heavy statues.

I waited a good two months for these to be in stock at my local Ikea. I even took two trips when the website showed limited stock to find out that that the ones they had in stock were broken.

As far as price, $65 seems like a lot but compared to similar display cases, $65 is very reasonable if not the best price.

And dust, my room gets really dusty with all my electronics plus having a cat but the case does well keeping dust out. It doesn't keep 100% of dust out, but enough that you rarely have to dust and its only around certain areas.

Easily best choice to display video game related items.

Graphic Novels + Hardcover guides/Artbooks. Could maybe fit most of the other paperback guides, but not sure I care about really displaying them anymore.

0sDZKsn.jpg

Cleaned up TV area

tr1nsh2.jpg

Most of my figures

ncNABp5.jpg

God damn! That's nice!! 

That wall behind your TV is just screaming to have a projector screen installed. :D

NICE! Are those shelves all ikea? How long have the guides been on there? Any sagging yet? I need specs and cost man!
Yea the expedit - not sure if they are long gone now or not from stores yet. The 5x5 version was $200.No sagging, and don't really expect them to. They are something like 6ft x 6ft.

God damn! That's nice!!

That wall behind your TV is just screaming to have a projector screen installed. :D
I thought about projector, but since I'm using it for gaming didn't want any refresh issues. Maybe for next upgrade, but the 75in isn't too shabby anyway. I think i can get at least a 90" TV down the stairs =]

Rest of views - power recliner seats with cup holders and my desk area for pc gaming.

Yy7pSbG.jpg

Then thinking about maybe a card table in the empty area here, not sure yet. Maybe just something collapsible so its not permanently in the way.

BoQ1swg.jpg

Yea the expedit - not sure if they are long gone now or not. The 5x5 version was $200.No sagging, and don't really expect them to.
I have a few of those 2x3 Expedit units, they are rock solid for the past few years I've had them (miles better than any particle board POS). Then again I just use them as bookshelves in the kid's rooms, so they aren't given quite the same stress testing.

I would be extremely surprised if they ever sagged.

I wouldn't imagine they'd ever sag either. The shelves themselves are quite narrow, so there really isn't much opportunity for them to to do so.

I was home this weekend and decided to update my pics and since this'll probably be the last time, though who knows. 

I never realized how much shit I had. It's not just my collection, but also my trade fodder games/boxes/manuals and my secret stash of games, neither of which are cataloged. Plus, the shit I started building up at my apartment. It was fun going through everything though.:3

40+ pics coming up!! 

Big ass cabinet and two small storage boxes! - Here are a majority of my sealed games for the PS2, PS3, 360, Wii and GC. There's also many DS/3DS, PSP and Vita games. It also holds my Saturn/Sega CD collections, which I'm pretty proud of since I started it back in 2011-ish, I think?

Notes: The two Lunar SS for the Sega CD are different, one is the original/1st print foil version that Working Designs made and the other regular version is the second print that Sega commissioned/manufactured (or something like that). Additionally, the foil copy I have is a super cool defect copy, where it actually has two covers on the manual! :D I also have random imports here and there and also realized I have 4x copies of the Skyward Sword bundle. :whistle2:

Game Boy/Color/Advance/some more 3DS/PS1 oversized Working Design games! - These are here and there. I love my GB/GBC collection since, like my Saturn/Sega CD stuff, I started only a few years back. There's also some 3DS games I had to sneak in here.

Notes: The last pic has all of my sealed GB family games. Shantae is probably my single most valuable game, though the sealed The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition (coming up!) might be worth more.

Collectors Editions/guides/artbooks/misc stuff - These are basically organized as I could fit them. 

Notes: Most of those CEs are sealed. Only one of the two LoU Post-Pandemics are sealed. I'm really glad I pre-ordered two and kept both!! I have a couple of the LoU import CEs too, the coolest one being the Italian Ellie Special Edition. I have two Ni No Wizard Editions, one sealed and one complete and I have a UK CE (that other PAL CE box is empty, outside of the Mite plush).

PC games - not much here, since Steam makes my "I hate digital" policy difficult to follow.

PS3/360/Wii/GC/PSP/DS/??? - Really hard to keep these organized due to space/sizes.

Notes: Some of these PSP games are sealed. Most of my DS games are sealed because I got an R4 (then AceKard) so I really didn't have a need to open them. I got a handful of PS3 import CEs that are kinda neat. I'm done with GC collecting for the most part though there are a few stragglers.

PS1 collection - the PS1 is probably my favorite collection. So many awesome RPG memories here. 

Notes: I'm pretty much done with whatever I want for the PS1 outside of a few games that I've been too lazy to get. Not sure what else I can add that's worth adding (and not impossible to find).

PSP CEs, steelbooks, PS2 and misc - The bulk of my PS2 collection with random stuff here and there.

Note: PS2 is my largest collection. A lot of these used to be worth quite a bit but were reprinted or re-release as HD collection so they're not as vaulable anymore. I have the "Opeartion Rainfall" box/steelbooks... the real one from Europe, not the joke website.

DC/NES/SNES/N64 - I've been trying to bulk up these up, but it's been slow. Still, I'm happy with what I have thus far.

Note: My SNES/N64 collections are missing a lot of stuff I want (like EarthBound)... they're just so fucking expensive, especially with all their little posters and stuff! I gave up on collection NES because they're so hard to find in decent CiB shape at a reasonable price.

Uncharted stuff - my two favorite pieces of swag, a Uncharted 2 store promo and the media kit for the original Uncharted.

Note: They wrist strap and smaller journal are from some Uncharted 3 thing, not related to the other two items. The Uncharted media kit is quite a bit larger than the Uncharted 2 promo box, the angle makes them look the same size. Both were made to look weathered books but are hollow boxes with a few pages of info and some other stuff. The Uncharted 2 box just has a lanyard inside and the Uncharted box has some puzzle, media content disc... and I forget what else.

My Apartment - new collection started here. I got a ton of shit over the last ~8 months.

Note: I have the LoU media kit, extra LoU USB music "tape" (same as the one in the media kit) and an unopened Uncharted 2 media kit. All the random cloths/sponges you see are for washing/detailing my car. :p

Trade fodder games/guides, empty boxes, and an old lamp - I really need to clean all this stuff out.

Note: The stuff in the 1st two pics aren't games, they're just empty case and manuals I've got lying around. It's funny how much empty cases and manuals go for these days for some games. That lamp is the bane of our family, because my mom refuses to throw it out even though it doesn't work. 

Secret Stash - I've never posted anything here before so this is a first. The story is here, if you guys want to know why I call it my stash:
This started before I was actually collecting and relates to FFVII. I played/beat FFVII during it's release, loved it but figured, I'd never re-play it again. A year or two later, I found a used/complete copy for $7.99 at a now defunct media store (can't remember it's name but I think it was midwest only retailer) because for $8, why not? Of course, this was during the PS1 RPG era and I really didn't have time to go back to it so I stashed it in my TV stand. I forgot about it and found it a few years later, just before Advent Children came out... I was able to sell that copy for $140 on eBay. After that, I started to randomly "stash" some games (my threshold is 50% of MSRP) I find by luck and for cheap, and then would sell them a few years later. Over the last gen though, this got out of control as I haven't kept track of these and it just kept building up... 

Note: I have more games hidden away... in some of my pics, you might have noticed something stuck in a corner or in the background... yeah, there's about another 30 or so games hidden away. :lol:

And that's it kids! It's gonna suck dealing with all this shit... :lol:

I was home this weekend and decided to update my pics and since this'll probably be the last time, though who knows.

I never realized how much shit I had. It's not just my collection, but also my trade fodder games/boxes/manuals and my secret stash of games, neither of which are cataloged. Plus, the shit I started building up at my apartment. It was fun going through everything though.:3

40+ pics coming up!!

Big ass cabinet and two small storage boxes! - Here are a majority of my sealed games for the PS2, PS3, 360, Wii and GC. There's also many DS/3DS, PSP and Vita games. It also holds my Saturn/Sega CD collections, which I'm pretty proud of since I started it back in 2011-ish, I think?

Notes: The two Lunar SS for the Sega CD are different, one is the original/1st print foil version that Working Designs made and the other regular version is the second print that Sega commissioned/manufactured (or something like that). Additionally, the foil copy I have is a super cool defect copy, where it actually has two covers on the manual! :D I also have random imports here and there and also realized I have 4x copies of the Skyward Sword bundle. :whistle2:k

Game Boy/Color/Advance/some more 3DS/PS1 oversized Working Design games! - These are here and there. I love my GB/GBC collection since, like my Saturn/Sega CD stuff, I started only a few years back. There's also some 3DS games I had to sneak in here.

Notes: The last pic has all of my sealed GB family games. Shantae is probably my single most valuable game, though the sealed The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition (coming up!) might be worth more.

Collectors Editions/guides/artbooks/misc stuff - These are basically organized as I could fit them.

Notes: Most of those CEs are sealed. Only one of the two LoU Post-Pandemics are sealed. I'm really glad I pre-ordered two and kept both!! I have a couple of the LoU import CEs too, the coolest one being the Italian Ellie Special Edition. I have two Ni No Wizard Editions, one sealed and one complete and I have a UK CE (that other PAL CE box is empty, outside of the Mite plush).

PC games - not much here, since Steam makes my "I hate digital" policy difficult to follow.

PS3/360/Wii/GC/PSP/DS/??? - Really hard to keep these organized due to space/sizes.

Notes: Some of these PSP games are sealed. Most of my DS games are sealed because I got an R4 (then AceKard) so I really didn't have a need to open them. I got a handful of PS3 import CEs that are kinda neat. I'm done with GC collecting for the most part though there are a few stragglers.

PS1 collection - the PS1 is probably my favorite collection. So many awesome RPG memories here.

Notes: I'm pretty much done with whatever I want for the PS1 outside of a few games that I've been too lazy to get. Not sure what else I can add that's worth adding (and not impossible to find).

PSP CEs, steelbooks, PS2 and misc - The bulk of my PS2 collection with random stuff here and there.

Note: PS2 is my largest collection. A lot of these used to be worth quite a bit but were reprinted or re-release as HD collection so they're not as vaulable anymore. I have the "Opeartion Rainfall" box/steelbooks... the real one from Europe, not the joke website.

DC/NES/SNES/N64 - I've been trying to bulk up these up, but it's been slow. Still, I'm happy with what I have thus far.

Note: My SNES/N64 collections are missing a lot of stuff I want (like EarthBound)... they're just so fucking expensive, especially with all their little posters and stuff! I gave up on collection NES because they're so hard to find in decent CiB shape at a reasonable price.

Uncharted stuff - my two favorite pieces of swag, a Uncharted 2 store promo and the media kit for the original Uncharted.

Note: They wrist strap and smaller journal are from some Uncharted 3 thing, not related to the other two items. The Uncharted media kit is quite a bit larger than the Uncharted 2 promo box, the angle makes them look the same size. Both were made to look weathered books but are hollow boxes with a few pages of info and some other stuff. The Uncharted 2 box just has a lanyard inside and the Uncharted box has some puzzle, media content disc... and I forget what else.

My Apartment - new collection started here. I got a ton of shit over the last ~8 months.

Note: I have the LoU media kit, extra LoU USB music "tape" (same as the one in the media kit) and an unopened Uncharted 2 media kit. All the random cloths/sponges you see are for washing/detailing my car. :p

Trade fodder games/guides, empty boxes, and an old lamp - I really need to clean all this stuff out.

Note: The stuff in the 1st two pics aren't games, they're just empty case and manuals I've got lying around. It's funny how much empty cases and manuals go for these days for some games. That lamp is the bane of our family, because my mom refuses to throw it out even though it doesn't work.

Secret Stash - I've never posted anything here before so this is a first. The story is here, if you guys want to know why I call it my stash:
This started before I was actually collecting and relates to FFVII. I played/beat FFVII during it's release, loved it but figured, I'd never re-play it again. A year or two later, I found a used/complete copy for $7.99 at a now defunct media store (can't remember it's name but I think it was midwest only retailer) because for $8, why not? Of course, this was during the PS1 RPG era and I really didn't have time to go back to it so I stashed it in my TV stand. I forgot about it and found it a few years later, just before Advent Children came out... I was able to sell that copy for $140 on eBay. After that, I started to randomly "stash" some games (my threshold is 50% of MSRP) I find by luck and for cheap, and then would sell them a few years later. Over the last gen though, this got out of control as I haven't kept track of these and it just kept building up...

Note: I have more games hidden away... in some of my pics, you might have noticed something stuck in a corner or in the background... yeah, there's about another 30 or so games hidden away. :lol:

And that's it kids! It's gonna suck dealing with all this shit... :lol:
This is the best thing I have seen all day

Nice stuff Pookymeister, Vinny and of course always Squarehard. With those collections it's hard to step up to the plate in here. Keep it coming everyone. It's fun to see these amazing collections.

Nice stuff Pookymeister, Vinny and of course always Squarehard. With those collections it's hard to step up to the plate in here. Keep it coming everyone. It's fun to see these amazing collections.
Join in on the fun! :D

It's not about the quantity, but how much you enjoy your collection! ^___^

I'm not going to post mine. I'm intimidated. lol

Most of my stuff is in boxes, then the boxes are on shelving units. I think mine isn't technically a collection anymore...once you go over 20 consoles of a particular system, it becomes a hoard. This is what it looks like hen I put my games away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDzV3qycOqM

For my first collection post I have a question I know can be answered in here.  Don't know if these are called figures or statues.  I know nothing of these beautiful ladies I picked up at a yard sale last year.  The guy who was selling them wasn't there to give me any info.  I mainly picked these up because I saw some users on here have nice collections of them and I thought they were cool (also the one dollar price didn't hurt).  Any info would be appreciated.  I keep these two in the first pic with my office/guestroom collection. The other three haven't found a spot in my collection and stay in the basement mini-hoard (nothing like slowdive but a tiny hoard). 

gallery_354731_8400_564436.jpg

The basement dwellers.  I know the one is from Xenosaga.

gallery_354731_8400_215572.jpg

bread's done
Back