Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

If you are looking for a deal on Sauder furniture become a big lots rewards card member, its free to join and its not a credit card. You can sign up online. Then wait for a 20% off everything coupon to come out. They will email you. You can use these coupons on furniture and you can save A LOT.

But its not hard to predict, they just had one a few weeks ago, so maybe the next one will be around St. Patty's day. But they had one last year on Columbus day and usually once during the holiday season. It doesn't happen often, but the coupons save you a ton on furniture depending on how much furniture you buy so I would wait if at all possible.

If you teach your kids to wash their hands and respect the property in the house damage to the collection will not be a problem. A lot of things like N64 cartridges for example are pretty indestructable, so there are lots of things they could use without causing damage. Of course you could put your super rare, perfect condition or valuable stuff out of their reach, they don't necessarily have to play those games. Also the parent could put the disc in the system and take it out whenever possible. Most of my stuff is not in perfect condition, its in cleaned-up yard sale condition, so I don't think kids playing with it would be a problem. I let my cousins play with it during the holidays and its not a problem at all, of course they are old enough to understand not to break the property of others.

c22b6.jpg

Right now i'm looking into getting dvd (tower) cabinets, since these are full now. I've got to make some emails/phonecalls to be sure of the exact measurements before i make any purchase(s), so my discgears 80s fit or if I can upgrade to 100s.

[quote name='Cypher_VR']
c22b6.jpg

Right now i'm looking into getting dvd (tower) cabinets, since these are full now. I've got to make some emails/phonecalls to be sure of the exact measurements before i make any purchase(s), so my discgears 80s fit or if I can upgrade to 100s.[/QUOTE]

I like those disc holders, I might pick one up for storing data discs that I have. Still gonna keep all movies/games in the original boxes though. Thanks for sharing

[quote name='Cypher_VR']
c22b6.jpg

Right now i'm looking into getting dvd (tower) cabinets, since these are full now. I've got to make some emails/phonecalls to be sure of the exact measurements before i make any purchase(s), so my discgears 80s fit or if I can upgrade to 100s.[/QUOTE]

Part of me loves how slick and futuristic that looks. But most of me doesn't because they're discs only...:lol:

Very nice!

My gaming collection hasn't been organized yet since Christmas

IMG_0448.jpg

So yeaaaaaaaaaaaah..... But I do have something else to show.

IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg

Some of my favorites-

Every AC/DC album (plus Aussy releases) I got Backtracks Limited Edition somewhere.
IMG_0477.jpg

Every Dio album (No Best ofs, I'm also getting all albums Ronnie James Dio has sung on)
IMG_0491.jpg

Almost all releases by The Answer
IMG_0480.jpg

Sevendust's "Packaged Goods" and Stratovarius's "Elysium Limited Edition" Both signed by the bands

IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg

Some video game soundtracks

IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0486.jpg

Posters

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

And I'd rather not get started on this

IMG_0472.jpg

So yeah. You can consider me a music kinda person.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']If not then I'll totally delete that post and wait till I fix my game shelf up[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's bad or anything like that, I just wanna see if it's cool to post my crap up too ;) LOL!

[quote name='wiggyx']I don't think it's bad or anything like that, I just wanna see if it's cool to post my crap up too ;) LOL![/QUOTE]

Be cool to have a music collection thread up. What kinda genres and bands you have?

[quote name='lmz00']Tempted to post my collection of Hammer CDs/EPs/singles/promos. I even have a sealed longbox copy of Too Legit to Quit. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Do it!

Music collections! I like getting vinyl more so than CDs for the art. My only problem with vinyl is the spines are so thin it is hard to read, and forget it if the spine wears a little.

Damn, after looking at some of the collections here....I dunno if I want to post what I have LOL. Will get some pics tomorrow....ERRRR, sometime today when I wake up and get them posted.

Just a guess, but the actual discs may be in binders or something. I've known a few people with massive collections who did their entire game/movie/music collections that way for ease of transportation.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']that doesn't look like effective storage and will probably damage the cases over time

how do you pull out a game thats not on top?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AugustAPC']Yea... I probably wouldn't expand my collection past reasonable means of storage, lol. To each his own, though.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing his collection last year and I remember thinking the same thing. The thing is, it's not just one wall, there's two walls (one in front of the other).:lol:

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks fine to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh be quite and go back to tearing down that wall.

[quote name='slowdive21']

how do i embed a video on this site!???!!!!![/QUOTE]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A[/youtube]

[ youtube ] link (no embedding code) [ /youtube ]

My room isn't complete yet, but I figured what the hell, I might as well post a few pics. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when my shelving will be complete, since Ikea may have discontinued the last skinny shelf I need for the right side of my Gameshelf, which would really suck. None of my older gen stuff is really unpacked or hooked up yet, unfortunately. But anyway, here's a few pics:

DSCN9916.jpg

DSCN9919.jpg

I have my DirecTV box behind the wall, since even while it's off it makes way too much noise, as well as two HDMI splitters for both my satellites, so they can be viewed on either TV. Also sorry about the blur on this one, but the flash off of the TV was a little crazy.

And a few randoms:
DSCN9920.jpg

I collect gaming posters, but these ones are pretty neat since they are more cardboardy posters. I work at Best Buy, so I try to grab these when they are cool/interesting.

DSCN9921.jpg

Random Nintendo swag.

DSCN9922.jpg

Some other random stuff.

Anyway, like I said, I'm hoping I can somehow find another Besta shelf (left shelf) so I can put the rest of my stuff out, we'll see what happens.

@kroberts11 you can usually find those shelves on CL if ikea doesn't carry them anymore (I found mine there). I really like those cardboard posters, especially the batman one! I've snagged a few from GS they were going to throw away ^^

Where did you get that mario thing in back of your statues?

kroberts11, where did you get that dresser that your systems are sitting on? I've seen similar ones at Target, is that where you got it by any chance?

[quote name='supermodestmouse']@kroberts11 you can usually find those shelves on CL if ikea doesn't carry them anymore (I found mine there). I really like those cardboard posters, especially the batman one! I've snagged a few from GS they were going to throw away ^^

Where did you get that mario thing in back of your statues?[/QUOTE]

I've been stalking CL as well as Kijiji (I'm in Canada) like a hawk, hoping that someone will put one of those shelves up soon. If you're referring to the little grid thing, it was the Club Nintendo Platinum award for this past year, there's a few little button/pins in it.

[quote name='elgato10x']kroberts11, where did you get that dresser that your systems are sitting on? I've seen similar ones at Target, is that where you got it by any chance?[/QUOTE]

It's the Ikea Malm 6 Drawer Dresser, here: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70103349/

I am going to IKEA this week... I will be laoding up on Billy Bookcases, but not for my Video Game collection... it is for something that is WAY bigger than my game collection.

Here is my somewhat situated collection.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

And these were my favorite games that I bought brand new back in my original playstation days.
IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Squarehard, why don't you remove the closet's door so you can move some shelves into the closet. That way, you'll have more space? Awesome collection btw!

[quote name='Dwarf41']Squarehard, why don't you remove the closet's door so you can move some shelves into the closet. That way, you'll have more space? Awesome collection btw![/QUOTE]

Then where is he going to put the girls he kidnap?

[quote name='elessar123']Then where is he going to put the girls he kidnap?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought games are more important than girls for a CAG? :)

[quote name='Squarehard']Added some stuff here and there, so here's what it looks like now.

scaled.php

[/QUOTE]

Squarehead, what brand shelves are those holding your ps2 games? And holy cow to your anime collection.

Seeing the big anime collection makes me sometimes miss all my dvds I use to have on display. I had like 900 anime DVDs that I sold off early in 2008, but that is just like OCD collector mentality kicking in. I did pretty well selling them off and managed to pay for a trip to Japan with them. I kept only like probably 40 (a few of which I sold recently since they still sell for pretty good - like the Miyazaki films) so now I just have a bunch of favorites (which are worth very little) that I decided to keep. A few cool ones are the Berserk Box of War, L.E. Akira Tin, and the complete Battle Athletes TV show and OVA. I still want to take photos of my collection but it always feel so messy and like a work in progress. Maybe I will snap a few photos anyways. There won't be many games display since 99.5% of them are packed away in the closet.

[quote name='elessar123']Then where is he going to put the girls he kidnap?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dwarf41']Oh, I thought games are more important than girls for a CAG? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']That's why they're not displayed![/QUOTE]

I keep mine in the pit in the basement. It muffles the screams....

It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again!

Luckily my wife gave me a few rooms in the basement. :eek:)

[IMG-L=8106]26679[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26671[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26670[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26669[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26686[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26685[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26674[/IMG-L]

[IMG-C=8106]26677[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26676[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=8106]26675[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=8106]26687[/IMG-L]

bread's done