Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='SativaSam']Judging off all of your stunning reactions, I'm guessing no one liked my collection. >_>[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could've said much the pictures haven't already done themselves.

You have them all displayed so nicely in each section (DVDs section aside), with the angling with boxes, and what not.

The presentation pretty much sold themselves. ;P

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't think I could've said much the pictures haven't already done themselves.

You have them all displayed so nicely in each section (DVDs section aside), with the angling with boxes, and what not.

The presentation pretty much sold themselves. ;P[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha yeah... I really hate the way the movie shelf looks compared to the rest. I bought that one case from Target and just made due with that one section. :whistle2:#

[quote name='SativaSam']Just got done cleaning my room so figured I'd post a couple photos of my collection for you guys. Please note this is just a bedroom so I don't have much to work with, but I make due with what I've got. :)

Here's my bookcase

photo-4.jpg

Close-up of current-gen games

photo-5.jpg

Close-up of my movies/blurays/retro games etc

photo-10.jpg

Here's a few posters, I have a lot more than what's up in my room right now, but I took most down because it made the room look really cluttered.

photo-6.jpg

Here's a Darksiders standee that I love to death. It has Metro 2033 on the back as well. Haven't figured out a place for it in my room after cleaning yet so I'll put it back up soon.

photo-3.jpg

Here's another set of last-gen games

photo-7.jpg

Here's a pretty cool Alan Wake standee and some random stuff. I never really got into the series that much, but I really enjoy the standee.

photo-8.jpg

Here's my gaming setup

photo-9.jpg

Here's some more last-gen games, random stuff, etc. All of these games are lined up against my wall, works out pretty well

photo-11.jpg

And here's the last pic, just some more GBA boxed games, DragonBall VHS's (lol), Nintendo Dominoes, etc.

photo-12.jpg

Hope you guys like my setup. :)[/QUOTE]

very nice

[quote name='SativaSam']Judging off all of your stunning reactions, I'm guessing no one liked my collection. >_>[/QUOTE]

It is small, but adequate.

i'd post but im away for college and my collection is at home.

but i'd say i have 100 360 games at least likely more.

30 wii games.

8 ps3 games

55 gamecube games.

20 ps3 games.

7 xbox 1 games.

25 N64 games.

40 NES games

40 genesis games.

40-50 GBA,ds,3ds,psp games

probably about 1000-2000 DVDs/movies etc....dont worry plenty of weird anime in there.

400 music cds

40 PC games.

4 atari jaugar games.

plus 4 controllers for everything except xbox 1(dont own one and only 3 ps3 controllers)

40 nerf guns too.

and tons of extra various wires and accessories and special edition stuff and game guides including a modded halo 3 helmet that you can put on.

my collection is crazy but its not as crazy as some people.

i do have quite a few odd obsecure animes and games that arent easy to find. one notable one is that 200 dollar phantasy star online on the gamecube scored that sucker for 80 bucks lol. i have the entire series of them. 1-3(both versions of one of them i forget which but one of them has two versions if im not mistaken). sad cause ive yet to play those damn games.....

i think this is a problem. it might be getting to insane. but i think ive made it worse. i started looking at this site again. sold 9 games, upgraded my xbox 360, bought 13 games and ended up with 200 in gamestop credit and 25 dollar target gift card. WHY DID I START LOOKING AT THIS SITE WHY??????? not to mention thats 13 new games in my insane backlog(the gamecube and ps2 portions of which i cant even touch cause i didnt bring any of those games with me). not to mention ill rebuy those 9 games when they hit cheap which means ill just keep checking this site to find out when that is....ARGH lol. im far too much of a collection fantantic now lol.

well thats me. sorry no pics.

You know you'll have to post a pic now if you go home for spring break, because that list is not done justice without a pic, especially for those Nerf guns. I'm a Nerf War man myself. ;)

I own 32 pairs of socks (3 that are missing their twin), 8 different spray cleaners under my sink, 4 jars of pickles in my fridge (my wife thinks this is way too many, seriously), and I've got a pretty massive collection of broken down shipping boxes in the basement. I don't know why, but I have a hard time just letting them go :/

[quote name='wiggyx']I own 32 pairs of socks (3 that are missing their twin), 8 different spray cleaners under my sink, 4 jars of pickles in my fridge (my wife thinks this is way too many, seriously), and I've got a pretty massive collection of broken down shipping boxes in the basement. I don't know why, but I have a hard time just letting them go :/[/QUOTE]

I have half of a 2 car garage full of empty boxes...I have to keep them since I sell. I finally dwindled down my 13 years of saved ebay bubble mailers though.:D

My NES loose cart collection is almost ready. I think I have to clean about 20 carts and then I will have pics.

[quote name='Squarehard']You know you'll have to post a pic now if you go home for spring break, because that list is not done justice without a pic, especially for those Nerf guns. I'm a Nerf War man myself. ;)[/QUOTE]

spring break is over in 2 or 3 days and home is 2200 miles away so not happening lol.

it probably cant happen anyway. due to crazy circumstances my sister now divorced and possibly a second have moved in by now. my room isnt how i left it. so my mom has boxed up a bunch of stuff and moved it.

yea i dont know how the nerf obession started or why i have the two nerf wii games but we used to shoot my friends cats with them lol.

[quote name='wiggyx']4 jars of pickles in my fridge (my wife thinks this is way too many, seriously)[/QUOTE]
I'm siding with your wife on this one.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Desperate times call for desperate measures...and I don't know what's more desperate than a CAG with too many pickles.[/QUOTE]

still a true NO MA'AM member would never side with a female. unless said female looks like a 20 year old supermodel in a bikini and is bringing you beer. and even then the only conversation with said female would be take off your bikini and lets do it or get me a beer and sandwhich.

even then nothing as complex as why do you have 4 jars of pickles in your fridge.

im beginning to question your loyality to al bundy and no MA'AM

[quote name='ZombieToast']Desperate times call for desperate measures...and I don't know what's more desperate than a CAG with too many pickles.[/QUOTE]

Might be sig worthy...

Focus, gentlemen! Focus! The purpose of NO MA'AM is indeed to fight the increasing power of women, but on the rare occasion that one actually has an opinion that makes sense, we can't be expected to take the opposing stance out of spite. If a woman suggests putting a Jiggly Room in every neighborhood, are we to object? Nay! Even our holy founder (RIP) has, on occasion, sided with the evil feathered one of FANG for the betterment of our brethren. Despite these horrid accusations, my loyalty and allegiance are unwavering, and I will prove it by treating everyone to a few rounds of Girlie Girl!

(The YES MA'AM picture totally made me laugh, by the way.)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Focus, gentlemen! Focus! The purpose of NO MA'AM is indeed to fight the increasing power of women, but on the rare occasion that one actually has an opinion that makes sense, we can't be expected to take the opposing stance out of spite. If a woman suggests putting a Jiggly Room in every neighborhood, are we to object? Nay! Even our holy founder (RIP) has, on occasion, sided with the evil feathered one of FANG for the betterment of our brethren. Despite these horrid accusations, my loyalty and allegiance are unwavering, and I will prove it by treating everyone to a few rounds of Girlie Girl!

(The YES MA'AM picture totally made me laugh, by the way.)[/QUOTE]

sounds like something jefferson might say.....

also look where siding with those heathens got al bundy? nothing good came of it

I often scope out this thread and I am always impressed. You guys have some amazing collections and setups. here are a few shots of mine. sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cellphone. its the smallest room in our house. I had all bookshelves before. we made a recent trip to ikea and I picked up two 'hopen' dressers to house my games/bluray/dvd collection.

photobucket-5822-1331927267433.jpg

photobucket-6154-1331926091961.jpg

photobucket-6215-1331927197603.jpg

photobucket-2609-1331926817646.jpg

photobucket-6159-1331926911098.jpg

photobucket-4603-1331926945014.jpg

photobucket-4797-1331925784704.jpg

photobucket-6380-1331927138381.jpg

did I mention I am a simpsons nerd...complete wos collection.

nice simpson collection.. you guys have some amazing stuff.. i might take a picture of my stuff but its nothing compare to you guys lol

[quote name='doodmandood']Are their photos of the other shelves?

I see other figures as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wanna see the other toys. Simpsons don't do anything for me.

I posted my collection a while back, but I am making a new office, that will house my beefy PC, and video capture capabilities. I got three IKEA Billy cases, that will house SOME of my star wars figure collection. if you guys want, I can throw pictures of that up too.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I posted my collection a while back, but I am making a new office, that will house my beefy PC, and video capture capabilities. I got three IKEA Billy cases, that will house SOME of my star wars figure collection. if you guys want, I can throw pictures of that up too.[/QUOTE]

do it

Sadly....its not the football phone. Its a chip tray. You press a button it plays "are you ready for some football" then pops open.

The simpsons collection, was all purchased at regular price as it was released. So 5.99 for figures and 14.99 for the playsets. I wish I had room to display them. The exclusives varied. The only one I overpaid was for the toyfare gitd homer. He is the most valuable single figure. THOU set 1on is pretty valuable as well. I just could not keep them in packaging.

I will post some more photos of the other figures later on. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I started collecting the Simpsons figures when they first came out, but after a few waves decided I better stop before my compulsive collector trait took over. Impressive to see that entire collection.

[quote name='irighti']I often scope out this thread and I am always impressed. You guys have some amazing collections and setups. here are a few shots of mine. sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cellphone. its the smallest room in our house. I had all bookshelves before. we made a recent trip to ikea and I picked up two 'hopen' dressers to house my games/bluray/dvd collection.

did I mention I am a simpsons nerd...complete wos collection.[/QUOTE]

Lack of games on display makes me :cry: , but incridible tidiness makes me :)

I'm cutting back on spending for games while I save up for a new house so I figure it was a good time to take a pic of my collection as of today. I mainly collect RPG's, "Editions" and rarities. Everything with a red dot at the bottom is factory sealed (I have some "Gamestop New" games, but I didn't mark them).

Overall Pics

Closeups (Sorry about the flash):

I'm going to be adding more shelves to the one on the right (just gotta cut the wood & get some pegs). There's more than enough open space to add another 3 rows which will help me expand more on my older stuff that's all on that one bottom shelf.

Yes, agreed. I'm not going to give anyone a hard time about it, but sealed collections never make sense to me. I could maybe understand if you don't care about the games and you're only buying them in the hope of making money in the future, but when they're displayed neatly on a shelf, there's clearly more sentimental value there; we all know it would be much easier to just box them up in a closet. Sealed collector's editions make even less sense to me. I mean, what's the point of paying extra for the bonus stuff if it's just going to sit in a box?

This isn't directed specifically at Bezerker (or anyone else). For all I know, the games could be sealed because he simply hasn't had time to play them yet. Or not...it really isn't my business or concern. Besides, I imagine some people might be annoyed with me because I open all of my stuff. At the very least, I'm willing to bet that someone out there hates me for opening my copy of Suikoden II. Heh.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yes, agreed. I'm not going to give anyone a hard time about it, but sealed collections never make sense to me. I could maybe understand if you don't care about the games and you're only buying them in the hope of making money in the future, but when they're displayed neatly on a shelf, there's clearly more sentimental value there; we all know it would be much easier to just box them up in a closet. Sealed collector's editions make even less sense to me. I mean, what's the point of paying extra for the bonus stuff if it's just going to sit in a box?

This isn't directed specifically at Bezerker (or anyone else). For all I know, the games could be sealed because he simply hasn't had time to play them yet. Or not...it really isn't my business or concern. Besides, I imagine some people might be annoyed with me because I open all of my stuff. At the very least, I'm willing to bet that someone out there hates me for opening my copy of Suikoden II. Heh.[/QUOTE]

googling the price of that just now(never even heard of the game). yes yes i do hate you. though it is off set by your al bundy avatar even if i suspect you are a YES MA'AM member.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yes, agreed. I'm not going to give anyone a hard time about it, but sealed collections never make sense to me. I could maybe understand if you don't care about the games and you're only buying them in the hope of making money in the future, but when they're displayed neatly on a shelf, there's clearly more sentimental value there; we all know it would be much easier to just box them up in a closet. Sealed collector's editions make even less sense to me. I mean, what's the point of paying extra for the bonus stuff if it's just going to sit in a box?

This isn't directed specifically at Bezerker (or anyone else). For all I know, the games could be sealed because he simply hasn't had time to play them yet. Or not...it really isn't my business or concern. Besides, I imagine some people might be annoyed with me because I open all of my stuff. At the very least, I'm willing to bet that someone out there hates me for opening my copy of Suikoden II. Heh.[/QUOTE]
yes
ebay just made me dislike you to the fullest! :applause:

I also can't get behind keeping things sealed. I'm a spazzy OCD collector, and all my stuff is absolutely perfect, but if I don't open it I can't enjoy it. Even if I didn't want to actually PLAY my games, which I do, I still wouldn't be able to see ANY of what's on the inside. You can't see the inner pics on the steelbooks, can't look at artbooks, rip soundtracks, watch bonus dvds, read the bloody manual! It just, to me, seems like a sealed collection is off limits even to the owner, and cannot be enjoyed at all.

I keep a lot of games sealed. With CAG it's easy.

Buy game.
Play It
Trade it in
wait for price drop
Buy it again

Yeah, if I ever get the hankering to play something like Dead Space again, I guess I could always open it. But mostly, it's a game I loved and I like having a minty sealed copy in my collection. Even if I cracked it open today, there's no really telling if I'll ever get to it again with my backlog.

I've got a ton of sealed games too (not sure if I have more than Beserker though) but most of mine are regular games (non-CEs). It's kinda hard to pass up some cheaper games when in 20 years, they could be the next sealed Chrono Trigger (or more) or something.

Unlikely, I know, but I can't say there isn't a bit of glee in me when I see a $80 game end up selling for twice its face value.

Of course, then I always remember selling my sealed ME1 CE for $90 thinking I got lucky by breaking even. And now they sell for $400-700.#-o This was before ME2 came out and the series simply exploded in popularity.

[quote name='kayne2000']googling the price of that just now(never even heard of the game). yes yes i do hate you. though it is off set by your al bundy avatar even if i suspect you are a YES MA'AM member.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Barney']yes
ebay just made me dislike you to the fullest! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, thanks for the confirmation, guys. What amazes me is that people are actually bidding on a BROKEN copy of the game that isn't fully playable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation...8862?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5d32c4fbde

This game has a shit-ton of content, so I'm willing to bet money that the missing piece of that disc will matter. I might take a look at the disc tomorrow after my son wakes up (my PS1 games are in his room).

I guess it's still cool to be able to say that you own the game, but actually playing it is far more satisfying. I don't care how much the game is worth; this baby deserves to played (and more than once). And hey, my open copy makes those sealed copies slightly more valuable. Although I doubt many of those guys paid $5 for theirs...

LOL@ that disc! WTF, who would bid on crap like that?!

I sold my (opened and PLAYED) copy in college. Never got why it became so valuable, it's not really that great. I can see why Castlevania SoTN and FFVII were pricey for so after going out of print, but not Suikoden 2 :/

Zombie, I also paid less than 10 bucks for mine in a closeout bin at TRU or some place like that. It's gotta kill these guys that we paid nearly nothing for our copies AND then opened them up and played them ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']Nice collection, but something about a massive stash of unopened games totally urks me. They want to be played![/QUOTE]

Most of the games that I have sealed, I have played already either by renting or having it used at one point. My favorite genre is RPG's, so I just don't have the time to play all of them.

A sealed game is going to be rarer than a used copy, so if I can find it, I'd much rather display a sealed copy in my collection. I'm always looking to replace my used copies with new ones, i'm just too jewish to buy up every new copy of a game that I see so I try and wait it out for the right price.

It does suck with the sealed games not being able to flip through the manuals and whatnot (and mess with the goodies in CE's), but since most of my PSX & earlier games are used, those are the ones that hold the real nostalgia in them. I cant say that I'll never sell off my collection, but it would have to be a dark dark day for that to happen.

[quote name='Edwin29']they're bidding in that broken game probably to get the artwork( I want to believe that ), and I think it still has the manual.[/QUOTE]

They probably are. I think the disk only copies sell for about $40 less than complete copies. So yes, the case and manual is worth about $40.

games...which I guess I didn't show in my last set. aside from the nintendo stuff. I love my new storage, even the bookcase is a billy from ikea. I forget the name of the tv stand, but it works well for my space. the only thing is the drawers are so deep, they dont come all the way out from the tracks, so there are a few titles at the top that cant be seen in these shots, again from the camera on my phone. I keep my older games nes/genesis stored on a small shelving unit in the closet. I am thinking since its a small collection of finding something to mount on the wall to display it. its just the nes and and about 24 games. anyone know a place online that does anything custon without costing a ton of money?
so here is my xbox/ps3 stuff.
photobucket-2486-1332080174086.jpg

photobucket-5610-1332080214877.jpg

some of my older systems.
photobucket-2469-1332080234695.jpg

dvds/blurays...I keep dvds in the gray binders which you can see in one shot.
photobucket-1636-1332080347284.jpg

photobucket-7046-1332080330192.jpg

photobucket-6056-1332080275529.jpg

photobucket-1868-1332080316316.jpg

photobucket-6379-1332080384718.jpg

other shelf with loose stuff I just enjoy. wos mainstreet set is on the top.
photobucket-4646-1332080426560.jpg

photobucket-5629-1332080471654.jpg

[quote name='Edwin29']they're bidding in that broken game probably to get the artwork( I want to believe that ), and I think it still has the manual.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I didn't think about that. Good point. I've got TONS of loose games as a rsult of my employment as a used game store about 10 years ago, and I'd love to have original art versus the repros and customs that I make.

[quote name='Bezerker']Most of the games that I have sealed, I have played already either by renting or having it used at one point. My favorite genre is RPG's, so I just don't have the time to play all of them.

A sealed game is going to be rarer than a used copy, so if I can find it, I'd much rather display a sealed copy in my collection. I'm always looking to replace my used copies with new ones, i'm just too jewish to buy up every new copy of a game that I see so I try and wait it out for the right price.

It does suck with the sealed games not being able to flip through the manuals and whatnot (and mess with the goodies in CE's), but since most of my PSX & earlier games are used, those are the ones that hold the real nostalgia in them. I cant say that I'll never sell off my collection, but it would have to be a dark dark day for that to happen.[/QUOTE]

That's fair enough. I don't hate you for it or anything like that, it's just something that sorta bothers me. I TOTALLY understand why people do it and I can respect that. I mean, I make TONS of custom covers for my games that are not at all related to the originals and that definitely bugs plenty of people over on the cover project.

As far as selling goes, you never know what life will toss at you or even how you'll feel about gaming in 5, 10, or 20 years. I took a pretty long hiatus from collecting after going back to college. I had to sell off a LOT of my collection to pay for college, and it really bummed me out and sorta sapped some of my enthusiasm for the hobby. After graduating I spent a shit ton of time and money modifying a few tuner cars. But after a pretty nasty accident last summer, I've completely walked away from the hobby. So, I guess my point is, who knows what will happen with your affinity for game collecting in the future. I do know that I'm WAY back into it at this point, more so than I've ever been :)

[quote name='Edwin29']i'm just too jewish to buy up every new copy of a game that I see so I try and wait it out for the right price. [/QUOTE]

Quoted again for the LULZ! :applause:

bread's done
Back