Your falconeering guide, or falcon hunting to be more precise.

F-16 Fighting Falcon

fighting-falcon4.jpg

OMFG im gone one day and this turns into Flame R Us? and 4 Pages long? you guys are like rabbits you dont stop

Lolz from Me

BlindfoldFalcon.jpg

This Falcon cannot see where this thread is going...

Edit: Haha hadn't noticed this tread was merged with another...

I have read a lot o the internet about the falcon 360s, but I haven't gotten much info on the actual reliability of them... Are they better than before? Or is everyone just speculating? I realize the "jasper" units are coming in august, but is it really worth it to wait to get a 360?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I have read a lot o the internet about the falcon 360s, but I haven't gotten much info on the actual reliability of them... Are they better than before? Or is everyone just speculating? I realize the "jasper" units are coming in august, but is it really worth it to wait to get a 360?[/QUOTE]

Falcon is better than before because it uses a cooler running CPU, has a much better heatsink design, and better motherboard design than the original revisions. Jasper will likely have even greater reliability as in addition to the cooler CPU and better heatsink, it will have a cooler GPU as well.

But if your question is whether you should buy now or wait, I would buy now. The reliability now is fine. If you are really concerned buy Microsoft's extended warranty, that way no matter what you are covered.

[quote name='Ruined']Falcon is better than before because it uses a cooler running CPU, has a much better heatsink design, and better motherboard design than the original revisions. Jasper will likely have even greater reliability as in addition to the cooler CPU and better heatsink, it will have a cooler GPU as well.

But if your question is whether you should buy now or wait, I would buy now. The reliability now is fine. If you are really concerned buy Microsoft's extended warranty, that way no matter what you are covered.[/quote]

extended warranty? how much and how long? edit: is this what you meant? http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/extwarranty.htm
sort of pricey for only 1 or 2 years.
On another forum someone posted about the best buy warranty and seemed to favor it. He said it was 59.99 for 2 years, he has already gotten 2 rrods replaced.

also does this actually help the 360 cooling?

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6aeP08sN1s[/media]I actually have one of these fans that I made a while ago when I gutted my old computer, I hooked it up to a 10.5 volt ac/dc adapter and it runs like any old fan. Just curious if anyone has actually tried this, or if it even works..since I got one already?

[quote name='Allnatural']Well, the thing is... Wait, I've answered this already.[/quote]

yeah, that was when I didn't know what the whole falcon and jaser situation was. But after reading up on them I wanted to hear if anyone can confirm that the falcons are more reliable. Maybe someone who has had one since late 07, and that it is still working. I was just looking for some confidence in microsoft.

bread's done
Back