Your name came from...^ there?

[quote name='MegoW64']Nope, you caught me...I r a homo

My friends and I laugh at the irony of my last name being Weiner :)[/QUOTE]

Thats prob why you don't like em!

I guess its right though your girl friend still gets a weiner every time you have sex! So thats cool

My parents wanted a name that couldn't spawn endless nicknames, for whatever reason, so they chose Derek.

Could be worse- they could've gone with Lee.

[quote name='Rocko']My parents wanted a name that couldn't spawn endless nicknames, for whatever reason, so they chose Derek.

Could be worse- they could've gone with Lee.[/quote]

:cry:

[quote name='MegoW64']Nope, you caught me...I r a homo

My friends and I laugh at the irony of my last name being Weiner :)[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!! ANOTHER CAG LESBIAN!??!
What happened?! Did Home Depot go outta business!!??!?
THEY ARE POPPIN UP ALL OVER CAG!!

\\:D/

Aaaanywho,
I am named after my dad. I am a "Jr" and that "Jr" is the most annoying thing ever.
My last name is corny, and everyone never pronounces it correctly..even though it's 4 letters :roll:

[quote name='guinaevere']Help1, is that above post in the right thread?[/quote]

Foo made a thread once about him taking the AP US exam.

I was named for my maternal grandmother. Last of 17 grandkids, first one to be named after either of the grandparents. Way to respect the Greatest Generation, guys.

After seeing the discussion here, I'm suddenly grateful that my last name is King. Even if half the time people think I'm saying "Cane". When I was little, I always wondered why my mother would spell her last name after telling it to someone on the phone...

My first name is where my online nick comes from: Cody (though I sort of prefer Code now as it doesn't have that sound that Sofa King seems to despise and because it's game/tech related) . My middle name is Lee, but I never really hated it like Sofa (maybe because it's just my middle name). For both my names my parents just liked the names; there is no real story behind them.

Oh, and my last name is a chess piece like MidnightRain's (guess which :lol:)

[quote name='Brak']My dad came up with it while he was shaving.[/quote]

??? I'll bite, curious what name is spawned from shaving.

apparently it's from the long line of Sam's in my family, making me Samuel Ivan Lopez De Victoria III

again, i say this, my son is going to hate me when he becomes the next Sam >_

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Nobody else would find it too horrible. In fact, some people might even say I'm just being picky. It basically just contains all of my letter/word/spelling related pet-peeves, the biggest one being that it ends in an "e" sound. (ie. Kelly, Davey, Mikey, Joey, Katie, etc). I can't stand names that end with that sound. It always sounds like some little kid's nickname to me. It wouldn't be so bad if my name simply ended with that sound, but my name basically is just that sound. Just slap an "L" in front of it and you've got my name.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I did some research on my name and found out it means "meadow" or "pasture". That sucks. After that, I decided to look into the origins of letters in names, and the meanings behind each of them. L = feminine/woman-like. E = is basically a letter that emphasizes the other main letters in the name.

I've got an L and two Es. So basically, my name means "fuckING WOMAN"[/QUOTE]

So she saw a "Lee" belt buckle while you were being conceived. No big whoop.

What would you change it to? Lenny? Oh wait. Does that violate your rules, as well? How about Eel?

Also, I say this having worn a Lee belt buckle enough in middle school that I was knicknamed "a play on my name" Lee from Tennessee. In a playful way, but still. So I guess I'm saying that I agree with you.....but it's not the worst name. Change it to Levar.

Although my name is fairly common in the Philippines, the reasoning behind my name is a bit... strange (even stranger than Lee). My mom's a terrible person when it comes to dry humor so I know she wasn't joking when she told me how they arrived at my name and she just recently learned about sarcasm at the turn of the millennium. My first name is the last name of a noteworthy Nazi commander in Africa in WW2 known for his military prowess and compassion toward captured enemies. He was known as the Desert Fox (so wiki away). When I asked the inevitable "WHY?????", she told me it's because she didn't want me to be the next 'Tom' (as my family has a fascination w/ the name and I would've been Tom the 15th... or 16th depending on who you ask). Then when I asked her the followup "WHY THAT NAME????", she told me they were looking up names and he seemed like a smart & nice guy. Yeah... except for the part where he worked for the Nazis.#-o:bomb:

[quote name='MegoW64'] My middle name was given to me after my grandmother...blech.[/quote]
Same thing goes with my sister, if I say she's referenced alot to Spiderman, could you guess her middle name?
maryjane ;)

[quote name='MegoW64']
I think people should post their names so we can see what they are, not just the story behind them...[/quote]
It's up to the people to decide :razz:

[quote name='help1']How did the AP US exam go for you, Foo? I think I did well.[/quote]

Thanks for asking, help1. It seemed alot easier than I thought it would be (my first ap exam) but the Vietnam dbq caught me off guard. I think I managed a 4 and if I did really good on my multiple choice, then maybe a 5 :pray:. Shame we have to wait until late July for results. How do you think you did?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I remember having a conversation with my dad about our names way back when. My mom wanted to name my younger brother Amus. (I told you she had terrible taste). But my Dad said he stepped in and basically told her is was a terrible name, so they named him Connor instead. I asked him why he didn't stop my mother from giving me a terrible name, and this is what he said, verbatim: "Well, I got to name your older brother, so I thought I'd let her have her fun."
WHAT THE fuck?!?!?
[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='Strell']Snodgrass. I think it translates to "fourteen incher." You'll have to ask your mom for confirmation.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

[quote name='MegoW64']So it's Weiner vs. Snodgrass..place your bets people!![/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='lilboo']OMG!!!! ANOTHER CAG LESBIAN!??!
What happened?! Did Home Depot go outta business!!??!?
THEY ARE POPPIN UP ALL OVER CAG!!
[/quote]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='help1']Foo made a thread once about him taking the AP US exam.[/quote]

Didn't really feel it was necessary to go back to it, as by now the tests are all over (and there is a rule of limited discussion on 'em)

[quote name='Brak']My dad came up with it while he was shaving.[/quote]

:cool: I like that idea, may have to implement it down the road.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently it's from the long line of Sam's in my family, making me Samuel Ivan Lopez De Victoria III

again, i say this, my son is going to hate me when he becomes the next Sam >_

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm a IV, so yeah, my son's initials will be VNV. Muaahaahaa![/quote]

Least it won't be...D'ND :roll:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm a IV, so yeah, my son's initials will be VNV. Muaahaahaa![/QUOTE]I know just what that name is too. :p

Anyway, I don't really like my name personally and will probably change it one day (although I should just go by T.C., since I like that name a lot better). My Dad named me, because he knew a lot of nice people with my first name, and (although he never admitted it, I think it's part of the reason), the Quarterback on his favorite football team in the 1970's (maybe early 80's, I don't know) has my first name. I believe my Mom came up with my middle name, but she barely remembers how. For the most part, I like my middle name better.

If it was up to my Mom to name me, she would have named me Cameron, and I'm glad she didn't name me (since I wouldn't want that name either).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I know just what that name is too. :p

Anyway, I don't really like my name personally and will probably change it one day (although I should just go by T.C., since I like that name a lot better). My Dad named me, because he knew a lot of nice people with my first name, and (although he never admitted it, I think it's part of the reason), the Quarterback on his favorite football team in the 1970's (maybe early 80's, I don't know) has my first name. I believe my Mom came up with my middle name, but she barely remembers how. For the most part, I like my middle name better.

If it was up to my Mom to name me, she would have named me Cameron, and I'm glad she didn't name me (since I wouldn't want that name either).[/quote]

Terry?

Rocko, you already know my name because you say my MySpace once, or looked through your friends of friends on XBL.

The Quarterback I'm talking about (last name Bradshaw) played for the Pittsburgh Steelers back in the day and won many Superbowls with them.

I wish my name was Kyle or Tim. Those are pretty cool names IMO.

[quote name='Rocko']...I don't think I've ever seen your Myspace, and if I have, I don't remember your name.

Guess it's Terry.[/QUOTE]It is. :whistle2:(

Rarely does anyone guess that name (Thomas, Timothy, Tyler, etc. usually come first).

My mom wanted to name me Suzanne Marie after her best friend and an annoying family tradition of all girls getting Marie as their middle name in my family. But while my mom was still knocked out by anesthesia, which they did back in the day, my dad came up and named me Donna Michelle, after the 1964 Playmate of the Year. Apparently, that was her name, like Ann-Margaret. He met her at some party (he sold liquor for a living) and thought it "would be cool."

To show what an absolute moron my dad is, as if that weren't enough, he actually SHOWED me a copy of her issue when I was 18, and was excited to do so. As I said, moron.

Worse is, I hate the name Donna. No one EVER gets my name right, always thinking I'm a Debbie or Deedee.

bread's done
Back