Your Name Contains A Word Or Phrase That Isn't Allowed.

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So im updating my bio on my profile and this pops up: "Your name contains a word or phrase that isnt allowed. Please try again."

WTF? My name is Malik (Ma-lick)...

I can't even re-arrange the letters in my name to make something bad....c'mon Microsoft...

Just be happy you're not good at videogames.

I got banned for 12 days for an inappropiate motto (when it wasn't), I talked to a CSR at XBL and she confirmed for me that they don't check the motto, they just ban you after so many people report you.

If I get banned again for my damn motto, I'm fucking done.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Bummer. The only thing I can think of is that it's either an offensive word in a different language or they object the "lik" part.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting it's the former.

edit: What's your motto zew?

It was "i will eat your face", they changed it to "code of conduct".

I'm going to leave it as is.

If I get banned again for having the motto they gave me I going to make a fucking case out of this.

[quote name='zewone']It was "i will eat your face", they changed it to "code of conduct".

If I get banned again for having the motto they gave me I going to make a fucking case out of this.[/QUOTE]

Nice motto...
You should change it to "I will eat your breakfast." You know, just to freak people out.

[quote name='zewone']im n ur fridge, eatin ur brakfast[/QUOTE]

Internet memes are too easy...
My motto is going to change from "cag" to "Gumbercules? I love that guy!"

[quote name='zewone']It was "i will eat your face", they changed it to "code of conduct".

If I get banned again for having the motto they gave me I going to make a fucking case out of this.[/quote]

:rofl: :lol:

Suspending you for Malick is a bit much. MS probably should hire a couple people, even interns, just to filter through some of these. Now they're starting to go beyond their boundaries.

I tried to put my motto as "Yippee kay yay motherfucker" but it took out the fucker part and put BLAM!...which seems appropriate as thats how it went in the new film anyway.

Sometimes filters are weird, In some places you cant type in the name JIM, or even the word Japanese...some how JIM is a bad/offensive/innapropriate/Naughty word and Japanese or japan is not allowed as it contains the offensive three letter combination JAP. Its some sort of Combination of words...maybe an Anagram of your name is offensive to people. kalim? Milka? Akilm? Likam? Ma Kil?...GASP! you kill moms!!!

I say we all submit feedback/file complaint against this gamertag:

MajorNelson

Just for kicks to see if he gets forced to change it ;)

it's posts and stories like this that make more and more paranoid about that day I sign into live and I have to change my name because it's associatied with death and killing.

My motto has been for over 6 months "tears make great lube" no problems here and hell i expected to be banned a while ago :lol:

[quote name='Malik112099']ive tried:
Ma
lik
Mal
lik
alik

all work fine...but the second i put malik it tells me to eat a dick....so my name is now IVIalik[/quote]

A quick trip to a few online dictionaries reveals... nothing really.

Noun1.malik - the leader of a town or community in some parts of Asia Minor and the Indian subcontinent; "maliks rule the hinterland of Afghanistan under the protection of warlords" Anatolia, Asia Minor - a peninsula in southwestern Asia that forms the Asian part of Turkey

Bharat, India, Republic of India - a republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia; second most populous country in the world; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1947

leader - a person who rules or guides or inspires others

(note from sentence 8): The word mAlik is the active participle of malaka, which means "to possess, acquire; to be the owner of; to control ...
bahai-library.org/provisionals/aqdas/glossary.html
[SIZE=-1]The title Malik (meaning prince) is used by a branch of the Jhelum Jodh branch of Janjua. In the days of Babur, it was used by all except the chief of the tribe, who would be called Rai/Raja. ...
www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Janjua[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]the leader of a town or community in some parts of Asia Minor and the Indian subcontinent; "maliks rule the hinterland of Afghanistan under the protection of warlords"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Malik (Arabic: ملك ) is a word meaning "king" in Arabic, also adopted in various other oriental languages, also in derived meanings. Alternative forms are Malek and Melik. Malika means Queen in Arabic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Malik are found among both Hindu as well as Muslims . The Hindu Maliks are predominantly Punjabi Khatri and belonged to West Pakistan areas which now form Pakistan Punjab . After the partition of India in 1947 the Hindu Khatris moved to India . ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik (tribe)

I even went to Urbandictionary to see if it meant something dirty. It doesnt.

1.Malik27 up, 16 downAn arabic word meaning Angel. It is commonly used as a name.
"Do you know Malik?"
"Yes his in my Gym Class."

tags arabic names boys angel devil
by jakarta89 Dec 8, 2006 email it
permalink: del.icio.usSend to a friendyour email:their email: send me the word of the day (it's free)

2.malik8 up, 3 down1. An Arabic name that basicaly means 'King'.

2. Also the name of a character off of the anime/manga, Yugioh. But this characters name is also spelled Marik or Maliku.
I can't really think of an example of the word 'Malik'. Sorry.
tags malik malik ishtar marik marik ishtar yugioh yami marik
by J. Waltz Oregon Apr 19, 2007 email it

3.malik3 up, 2 downA masculine name of Arabic origin meaning "KING". Is most commonly used as a last name for people of Islamic decent, mainly from Pakistan.
"My last name is Malik. Its NOT pronounced Ma-leek, like how black people say it".

[/SIZE]

That's fucking ridiculous. XBL is quickly become a joke. Does microsoft even give a shit what they're doing to their loyal users?

My guess is MS is offended by Arabs.

[quote name='PyroGamer']That's fucking ridiculous. XBL is quickly become a joke. Does microsoft even give a shit what they're doing to their loyal users?

My guess is MS is offended by Arabs.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't mind so much if they were tracking or keeping tabs on the countless children that spew countless profanities and racial slurs like its going out of stlye. They should hire people to join games and note the gamers who are blatantly ignoring the TOS.

But, coming down on Malik just doesn't make sense. Their tag-checking bots needs some finer tuning.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I say we all submit feedback/file complaint against this gamertag:

MajorNelson

Just for kicks to see if he gets forced to change it ;)[/QUOTE]
A sound idea I fully support

[quote name='zewone']I talked to a CSR at XBL and she confirmed for me that they don't check the motto, they just ban you after so many people report you.[/QUOTE]

That must be the case; now that your friends' mottos pop up on the friends list as they're highlighted, I noticed a friend's motto was "fuckin' RROD." Dunno how he pulled that off (especially if, as another poster above noted, it blocks bad language).

I'm not about to report him.

OP, let's test this theory: see how your console repsonds to changing your motto to "assalamu alaikum."

I say we make a list of all the words not supported. I'll start.

Banana

It's true. Try it. It's not allowed. Microsoft hates the yellow fruit of injustice.

[quote name='KingBroly']I say we make a list of all the words not supported. I'll start.

Banana

It's true. Try it. It's not allowed. Microsoft hates the yellow fruit of injustice.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Now that's a bit much.

wow, that's gay, my motto right now is "Orgazm = Love" and i recently made my bio which is the VagiClean scene from me myself and irene, no word so far, guess i'll see what happens.

[quote name='Deadpool']My motto has been for over 6 months "tears make great lube" no problems here and hell i expected to be banned a while ago :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: best quote ever :rofl: LOL

After I downloaded Root Beer Tapper from XBLA And unlocked the picture of a Mug full of root beer I changed my gamer picture to that and tried to change my motto to "Mmm Root beer" But It wouldn't let me do it.

Guess which word was "Offensive"?

It wasn't beer.

It was ROOT!

Apparently Root means fuck over in new zealand. :cold:

[quote name='mykevermin']That must be the case; now that your friends' mottos pop up on the friends list as they're highlighted, I noticed a friend's motto was "fuckin' RROD." Dunno how he pulled that off (especially if, as another poster above noted, it blocks bad language).

I'm not about to report him.

OP, let's test this theory: see how your console repsonds to changing your motto to "assalamu alaikum."[/quote]

I once saw someone with "fucking" In their motto, I can't remember his tag though. I was wondering how he managed to pull it off.. Another time I saw someone with the motto "MY DICK IN UR MOUTH!" I was thinking WTF. I reported him.

Half the people on my friends list got there motto changed to 'Code Of Conduct' and I had never seen any of them have a motto that was offensive.

MS can be such idiots at times. Their system wouldn't allow me to enter the word "Virginia" into my bio, I'm assuming because of the word "virgin" being involved. Bigots and assholes run rampant on XBL but the word "virgin" is offensive or even better, my state's name is offensive? W. T. F.!!!

[quote name='Slate']Another time I saw someone with the motto "MY DICK IN UR MOUTH!" I was thinking WTF. I reported him.[/quote]

My guess is that someone else changed his account. Sounds like a HS prank to me...

[quote name='Slate']After I downloaded Root Beer Tapper from XBLA And unlocked the picture of a Mug full of root beer I changed my gamer picture to that and tried to change my motto to "Mmm Root beer" But It wouldn't let me do it.

Guess which word was "Offensive"?

It wasn't beer.

It was ROOT!

Apparently Root means fuck over in new zealand. :cold:

[/quote]

Bahhahahahhaha! Serious?

I don't know if you have heard the brand, but in Canada there is a clothing company with the name "Roots".

Should be fun going on a trip to N.Z. with those brand sweaters and jeans. :applause:

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Bahhahahahhaha! Serious?

I don't know if you have heard the brand, but in Canada there is a clothing company with the name "Roots".

Should be fun going on a trip to N.Z. with those brand sweaters and jeans. :applause:[/quote]

lol ya you touchdown in N.Z. and the captin is like Welcome to...WTR?(What the Root?)

anyway ya my freind tried to make his motto Cream Pie Head and it was changed so he starts swearing you know Sh** a** Root stuff like that :lol:

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Bahhahahahhaha! Serious?

Should be fun going on a trip to N.Z. with those brand sweaters and jeans. :applause:[/quote]

Yes I am serious, You try it! And no I haven't heard of that brand of clothing.

Ive seen a motto that reads verbatim "Loils I love them.". He's had this motto for months now, so yeah good job M$.

My friends motto has been "fuck the pussy =)" for months now, I have no idea how he made it past the filters and I am shocked that he hasn't gotten in trouble yet. Oh well!

Man I'm going to change my name to "JESUSMOHAMMAD" and make my motto "I'd rather be playing Wii"

That's crazy that they are doing this.

[quote name='Malik112099']What the hell is "loils"?[/quote] Loli is short for Lolicon and well lolicon .... yeah pretty fucking gross shit.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Loli is short for Lolicon and well lolicon is.... yeah pretty fucking gross shit.[/quote]

holy what the fuck?

how is that not illegal!?! some of that shit looks real...

bread's done
Back