Your opinion on Bombastic.

-Never4ever-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Just picked this up for $10 from local EB Games. Seems like it might be crazy fun, but I just can't quite figure out how to play it and I played through both tutorials. :(

I keep lining up to dice of the same color yet some of them don't explode, could a vet Devil Dice/ Bombastic player explain this to me?

Anywho on to your opinion/ advice

You have to line up the number of dice that is on the face of the dice (ie. 2=2, 3=3, etc.). It's a complicated game, but hella fun.

If u have probs playing this incredible game, unlock the Classic mode.

Visit GameFAQs.com for details, and then play in classic mode, and you will be entirely happy.

The game has a little more of a learning curve that Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, but I find it to be more rewarding and far more intense.

I think the game is pretty fun. It is hard to get the hang of it though. Two player is fun cause you can steal combos from your opponent.

My wife is addicted to the story mode.

Got it for $10 . . . last winter. I like it, but I never get around to playing it . . . too busy with other games to play a puzzle type.

To me, it seem like you win less on strategy and more on luck. You pretty much walk around until you match numbers, and hope to keep the chain going.

This game are very fun. I paid $30 for it and it is worth that price.
You need to line up the number like for 2 you need 2 dices , 3 you need 3 dices with number 3 same for the rest except for number 1, sometimes you need to wait for the right time so it will explode. Once you match let say 2=2 then also find the dice and flip it to number 1 once the dice explode , then you will get number 1 also.

this game is so damn fun. got it for 15 yesterday, and its a blast (no pun intended). confusing at first, but today i was getting 50 dice combos.

yeah, $10 new at EB. i got mine a while back for like $13 used, practically new at EB.

oh and i got Devil Dice used at EB the other day for under $20, complete.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, $10 new at EB. i got mine a while back for like $13 used, practically new at EB.

oh and i got Devil Dice used at EB the other day for under $20, complete.[/quote]

Nope, it's been raised to 15 at EB new.

The original devil dice, with its puzzle mode {containing over 1000 individual puzzles when unlockables are taken into consideration} is a far superior game.

That isn't to say that bombastic is bad, but rather than that it's more of a add-on pack with a bunch of different modes/rules and a graphical presentation which is inferior to the original' s.

[quote name='minx']The original devil dice, with its puzzle mode {containing over 1000 individual puzzles when unlockables are taken into consideration} is a far superior game.

That isn't to say that bombastic is bad, but rather than that it's more of a add-on pack with a bunch of different modes/rules and a graphical presentation which is inferior to the original' s.[/quote]

??? Bombastic is hardly an add-on pack, the dice exploding brings about new stradegies and speeds up the pace. original mode just feels inferior to Bombastic mode.

Even though I didn't play the full ver of DD (I played a demo), I doubt DD had the better presentation. Perhaps you just hate cell shading.

I have to say that the story mode i BB just bites :twisted:

Wow, Minx posted. Been wondering where you were...

Bombastic actually combines the game play of all 3 Devil Dice games:
Xi / Devil Dice
Xi Jumbo / Devil Dice 2 - never released in the US
Xi Go / Bombastic

The Classic and Jumbo modes in Bombastic become unlocked when u reach certain scores during gameplay.

Classic Mode in Bombastic is the same exact game as the original Devil Dice -- absolutely the same down to the slightly modified music (if I recall) -- just a hi-res verison of the original game. The only downside is that the great puzzles from DD1 are missing as Minx said. The puzzles really did enhance DD1 quite a bit and added to its longetivity. That being said, Bombastic does have its own story/puzzle mode, but I have not spent a lot of time with it.

Xi Jumbo had a lot of extras, but the game was buried under a ton of Japanese menus -- I imported it, but could never drill thru the menus to get to the the game, and ended up selling it when Bombastic came out.

Yeah, bombastic is great. And while it takes a bit of luck, I can still kick the ass of any newbie so it musn't be only luck. It really requires good spacial reasoning and know what is on each side of the die to know how you need to move to make a combo. Remember opposite sides of a die always add up to 7.

Interesting trivia: Devil Dice was originally concocted on the Net Yarouze, a special Playstation released in Japan that allowed users to write their own games.

[quote name='randomizer9']Interesting trivia: Devil Dice was originally concocted on the Net Yarouze, a special Playstation released in Japan that allowed users to write their own games.[/quote]

I did not know that! Thanks for th trivia.

I love Bombastic. I was in a puzzle-game frenzy when I bought it (tearing through Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Puyo Pop, Tetris, etc.), and I ended up getting a "new" copy from EBGames for $15.

Great game. It's hectic, strategic, but once you're in "the zone", so to speak, it's not too hard, and it's a lot of fun. Great, great, great game :D

Bombastic is fantastic. I bought the game long ago at CC with my coupon Sony sent me, and I got addicted once I played it. I was a big fan of Devil Dice on PSX, but could never find it. It's easily one of my favorites on PS2.

bread's done
Back