Your Personal Opinions On Best Place To Sell Games

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I'd really like your guys opinions since most of you do this as well, and I don't want to regret trading it somewhere and getting ripped off.

[If this is the wrong section to post this please let me know, figured it was a request, so sorry if it is.]

I have a ton of 360 games I want to sell and I know there are tons of ways of going about it.

CAG.com
- I know there is a trading section here, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I wasn't sure if there were other ways to go about this like making a deal on here and selling it on ebay directly to them in a buy it now deal.

Goozex - Seems like I'd be waiting forever with some of the prices. I have a lot of older games and most are $5 like pocketbike racer and the bk games, which I can't imagine anyone buying for that price. And then games like the BIGS which is like $22.50 cause its 450 points. [Unless I am compeltely misunderstanding the point values].

I've been trying to read up on goozex but I can't find too much info such as how long the wait usually is, say for a game like an older sports game or conan or something like that.

Ebay - As of now seems like the best choice for this situation.

Gamestop/Gamecrazy - They rip you off especially with the older games and I don't want to get completely ripped off getting under $1 for games.

Also I kind of want to get rid of them soon since I'm moving out soon so I'd love to get them all out asap while still getting a good value.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

ebay - get most money for your games
GS/ GC - great if you got some bonus promotion, and some older games that no one would want. Sure you might not much but you get rid of them right awya.

Ebay hands down, you're going to get more money from your games there than if you were to trade them in anywhere else. Trade-in prices blow. I traded games into GS for years and just recently started seling them on ebay when Im finished with them. I will never trade another game.

Amazon, no question. And I'm not talking about trading in, I'm talking about selling. It's extremely simple to sell stuff on Amazon.

If they are newer games, go to www.gamestaq.com they are still in beta, but the site looks very promising and you get a good deal of money back on what you originally paid. If they are older games, selling them on ebay is always the best option. There is ALWAYS somebody out there who is looking for what you're selling on eBAY.

I would say depends on what games you have. If you have mostly sports games, they won't go for much on ebay, but if you have more mainstream fps or rpgs, ebay's the way to go. Try auction style though, because ebay takes about 20% for fixed priced listings, depending on what the final price is. You can also try Amazon and Half.com too, they don't charge you until you sell it, which is nice.

I always sell my games on ebay. I have been doing so for a while now, and i tried the others and trust me, ebay is best. if you have games you dont think you will get a lot for. The best way (i found) is to just include them all in a lot and this way you only have to pay a shipping fee to one buyer and you sell multiple games. If you sell lower valued games one at a time then the shipping will eat you alive. I always start my lots at 9.99 (for fee reasons) and list for 3 days. buyers will tell you what its worth when you see your final bid. Also, dont put too many games in one lot, id keep the max to 5. if you have 6 or more games do multiple lots. This always works out best for me :) I hope this was helpful.

I'll throw in a vote for Half.com.

No fee, 15% commission, and you can see exactly how much you'll get for your stuff before listing it based on what's currently available in your condition range (so long as you price yours about $1 lower than the lowest in your condition)

I've been using Goozex for about a year and love it. However, it is not for you if you're trying to get rid of a bunch of old games quickly.

Waiting times can be long for older games, it all depends on demand. Sports games will have virtually no demand and will be very slow to move (unless it's a new release). RPGs generally trade quickly, as do action games and other popular titles.

Requesting games is a little better, if you can get a good place in line. A new release will typically leave you around 75-100th in line, which is about 6 months of waiting. However, if you stay up and try to request the game the moment it's released, you'll generally place anywhere in the top 50, which is only a couple of months of waiting, typically.

In the year I've used the site, I've had 56 trades out, the majority of which were older PS2 titles in the 100-300 point range.
I've had 8 completed requests such as: Ghostbusters, Killzone 2, Uncharted. Also picked up the Trigun boxed set on DVD (never expected to get that one)! It's not that I had to wait a long time in line for those items (Ghostbusters was released mid june and I had a copy by the end of July), but I just don't request too many items.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Goozex. I've turned in about 2/3 of my PS2 collection and got about 12000 points for it, which is roughly equivalent to 12 $60 games. Many of the games I traded in I know I'd have never gotten more than a dollar for at places like Gamestop.

bread's done
Back