Your preferred hangover food?

QiG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
In honor of New Years, and preparation for tomorrow, what is everyones comfort food the morning after a night of drinking?

I usually wait til lunchtime and grab some Rallyburgers (or Checkers depending where you're from) or chipotle and a HUGE ass Coke.

Something greasy and with a lot of bread/carbs. So yeah, chipotle, a burger, eggs, bacon and toast etc.

Provided of course that it's a mild hangover and I'm able to eat anything!

When I partied it was always a late night sack of Whitey Cassells as we called them and a big sack of cheesesticks. Always had leftovers the next day. Those days are over though, mostly... Lol

Jack in the Box tacos or White Castles. We all tend to try and order pizzas now or have food when we drink so it isn't so bad.

If you drink water and take an Aleve before you go to bed you won't have a hangover in the morning.

/captainhindsight

I'm Mexican, so I don't get hung over, but if I did I would have a big, steaming bowl of menudo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soup if i'm trying to halfway remain healthy. Otherwise a triple from Wendys preferably with he grease eating through the wrapper.

Something big and greasy. I was smart this new year and got myself to drink a bunch of water before passing out so I didn't get hung over.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'm Mexican, so I don't get hung over, but if I did I would have a big, steaming bowl of, menudo.[/QUOTE]

LOL My friend said the same thing for years until his invincibility wore off

Back in the day it was Arby's. Now I try to respect my body after destroying it with liquor by offering it hydrating ramen.

Its been awhile since I had a hangover, because I just don't drink anymore, so...

...soup with Pedialyte to drink.

I don't recommend any soup with noodles in it though, because if you yack it back up, you do NOT want to feel the noodles come back out your throat.

I'd still eat as clean as possible. Had to drive to work one morning with hangover. Half hour but just going straight the whole time. I estimate I prolly had a hot pocket that morning.

Raising Cane's Caniac box with unsweet tea and double slaw or Pollo Campero fried chicken with Plantains and Campero beans

In N Out, Tommies chilli burgers and cilli fries. Tacos and burritos. Or a Carne Asada...which then leads to more drinking, ha!

If the hangover is on a Monday morning while im at work - lots of coffee and gatorade.

my last really bad hangover literally had me down all day so I just went back to bed and didn't bother eating...

also, wasn't Ricky Martin in Menudo? You guys are gay.

mine is a bit odd - eggs - and more specifically - egg in a frame (well my version of it anyway) - you butter two pieces of bread and put a piece of cheese inside then cut a hole in the middle of the thing and put it in a skillet and crack an egg in it - so the egg is sorta runny like sunny side up eggs. It's like a grilled cheese with a runny egg in the middle haha.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']It used to be White Castles until the effects of White Castles were worse than than any possible hangover.[/QUOTE]

Oh man that has to be the worst thing to eat after a night of drinking. Granted, so many times me and my friends would have the dd drive to White Castles while our drunk asses were the car.

The next day was just horrible.

[quote name='bordjon']mine is a bit odd - eggs - and more specifically - egg in a frame (well my version of it anyway) - you butter two pieces of bread and put a piece of cheese inside then cut a hole in the middle of the thing and put it in a skillet and crack an egg in it - so the egg is sorta runny like sunny side up eggs. It's like a grilled cheese with a runny egg in the middle haha.[/QUOTE]

Do you flip it over? I've made them both ways (though I call them egg in a hole or a popeye) and it seems like the flip is usually necessary. I put a bit of mayo on the top after taking it out of the pan and then do shredded cheese on top instead of between the bread.

I love Pho ever since there was a vietnamese place near my college, sadly that place closed a while ago. They had amazing Pho. Also never gotten a hangover, even when I got drunk, but I'd probably want chick-fil-a

[quote name='nasum']Do you flip it over? I've made them both ways (though I call them egg in a hole or a popeye) and it seems like the flip is usually necessary. I put a bit of mayo on the top after taking it out of the pan and then do shredded cheese on top instead of between the bread.[/QUOTE]

Yes - I flip it. My wife doesn't like the runny egg thing so she scrambles the egg and only does one slice of bread (well actually two - but not stacked like mine.) I cut a square out of mine after I've put the cheese in but before I butter - she cuts a round hole with a glass. We toast our centers too! I have put mayo on my grilled cheese but never on the egg in a frame - I'll give it a try!

[quote name='nasum']also, wasn't Ricky Martin in Menudo? You guys are gay.[/QUOTE]

Just in case you're not joking:
Menudo.jpg

McDonald's if I'm drunk and someone (sober) is running out to grab food for people, Five Guys the next morning.

bread's done
Back