Your Smash Bros sequel ccharacter list

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Who would you want to see in the eventual followup to SSB: Melee?

My roster

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Fox McCould
Falco
Kirby
Captain Olimar
Pikachu
Samus Aran
Princess Peach
Link
Princess Zelda
Yoshi
Bowser Jr
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Ness
Roy
Marth
Baby Mario/Luigi
King DeDeDe
Pit (Kid Icarus)

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Yeah, I know they are Sega characters, but remember when EGM said Sonic and Tails were playable in Melee? Who didn't want them?!

[quote name='Rig']Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Yeah, I know they are Sega characters, but remember when EGM said Sonic and Tails were playable in Melee? Who didn't want them?![/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to go all Super Sonic on Pikachu's ass.

It would be cool to see:

Alex Roivas (eternal darkness)
Banjo/kazooie
King Dee Dee Dee
a character or two from advance wars
a character or two from golden sun

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Rig']Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Yeah, I know they are Sega characters, but remember when EGM said Sonic and Tails were playable in Melee? Who didn't want them?![/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to go all Super Sonic on Pikachu's ass.[/quote]

NOOOO!!!!! Pikachu gets his ass kicked by NO ONE!! Not when I am around! Seriously, Pikachu and I kick ass...

ganindorf i know he's not new or anything but i would love to use that sword he pose's with after you win with him. look i came up with a good i idea every body has there own custom weapon like link and his sword or roy and marth yea that would rock

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Rig']Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Yeah, I know they are Sega characters, but remember when EGM said Sonic and Tails were playable in Melee? Who didn't want them?![/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to go all Super Sonic on Pikachu's ass.[/quote]

NOOOO!!!!! Pikachu gets his ass kicked by NO ONE!! Not when I am around! Seriously, Pikachu and I kick ass...[/quote]
If you're going to have a couple Sega characters, why not have them all? Make it a Nintendo vs Sega crossover game.

ytea that would rock shonbi verus zelda? sonic verus mario? tails vs. luugi? doctor robot vs. bowser? any other major players?

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Rig']Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Yeah, I know they are Sega characters, but remember when EGM said Sonic and Tails were playable in Melee? Who didn't want them?![/quote]

NOOOO!!!!! Pikachu gets his ass kicked by NO ONE!! Not when I am around! Seriously, Pikachu and I kick ass...[/quote]
If you're going to have a couple Sega characters, why not have them all? Make it a Nintendo vs Sega crossover game.[/quote]

Yeah, then they could have the main charachter of Nights, that would be really cool.

I would like to see the SSB: Melee roster with the following changes

Remove Pichu and Jiggypuff, Dr. Mario
Differentiate Mario and Luigi more by giving Luigi his poltergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion
Replace Young Link with Wind Waker Link (for the sake of variety and to piss people off)

Additions:
Wario
Max and Sami from Advance Wars
Lyn and Hector from Fire Emblem
Dark Samus or SA-X for another Metroid related character
and a very tiny pikmin throwing Olimar would be hilarious....

Jet Grind Radio characters! Toejam & Earl! Shenmue! The mice from Chu Chu Rocket! Okay, now I am reaching... :D

There are 2 Ice Climbers, why not make add all 4 characters from Monkey Ball is one group! (Aiai, Mimi, Baby and Gongon!) Well of course that aint happening, but maybe Dr Bad-boon then.

[quote name='sketch226']I would like to see the SSB: Melee roster with the following changes

Remove Pichu and Jiggypuff,[/quote]

Say what you will, but although many people think Jigglypuff sucks, I am very good with her. I don't give a shit about Pichu, becuase Pikachu is who I use, but Jigglypuff is my second favorite. I wish and pray that Nintendo adds online multiplayer to the next one, so everyone can prove themselves.

[quote name='sketch226']I would like to see the SSB: Melee roster with the following changes

Differentiate Mario and Luigi more by giving Luigi his poltergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion
Replace Young Link with Wind Waker Link (for the sake of variety and to piss people off)

Additions:
Wario
and a very tiny pikmin throwing Olimar would be hilarious....[/quote]

..but..but..i like Doctor Mario.. :(
he's one of my favorite characters. if he was in the next game, i'd be happy.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='sketch226']I would like to see the SSB: Melee roster with the following changes

Remove Pichu and Jiggypuff,[/quote]

Say what you will, but although many people think Jigglypuff sucks, I am very good with her. I don't give a shit about Pichu, becuase Pikachu is who I use, but Jigglypuff is my second favorite. I wish and pray that Nintendo adds online multiplayer to the next one, so everyone can prove themselves.[/quote]

right. I know a lot of people who are really good with Jiggypuff- it's mostly wishful thinking (because of that one-hit KO cheese) but Pichu just seemed so worthless and redundant like Dr. Mario

jigglypuff is played a little bit competitively, probably more in 2v2. he can retreat backwards from his jumping forward A, making it one of the safest moves in the game. In 2v2, you get one person to grab someone from the other team, then sleep attack, its downright wrong. Really though, if you miss that sleep attack, you can pretty much charge a full smash before he wakes up, and given how light he is, the sleep attack is very much a double edged sword. I almost hate to say it, but its somewhat balanced.

Kid Icarus baby! yea!

I totally forgot about Pit (Kid Icarus). The trophy even suggests will we ever see him again (either in his own game or in a Smash Bros sequel). And again, I think people are forgetting that Rare characters are seperate entities of Nintendo. Donkey Kong is a Nintendo property which was USED by Rare in the DKC series. In the vice versa, you'll likely never see Conker or Bajo-Kazooie in these games.

[quote name='xenoman80']ganindorf i know he's not new or anything but i would love to use that sword he pose's with after you win with him. look i came up with a good i idea every body has there own custom weapon like link and his sword or roy and marth yea that would rock[/quote]

I want a Ganondorf that can turn into full on Ganon. I want to fight as a giant pig man with a floating trident.

Best list ever (need to do some licensing but whatever - this is fantasy land):
Mario/Luigi/Peach/Toad/Bowser/Yoshi
Link/Zelda/Ganon
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr.
Samus/Ridley/Kraid
Pikmin (Red, Yellow, Blure, Purple, White)/Olimar/Loogi
Sonic/Tails/Dr. Robotnik/Knuckles
Ulala
Aiai/Gongon/Baby/MeeMee
Banjo/Kazooie/Gruntilda
Master Chief
Joanna Dark
Mega Man/Zero
Jak/Daxter
Ratchet/Clank
Sly/Bentley

OK, I'm getting tired - anyone care to add?

[quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='sketch226']I would like to see the SSB: Melee roster with the following changes

Additions:
Wario
and a very tiny pikmin throwing Olimar would be hilarious....[/quote]

..but..but..i like Doctor Mario.. :(
he's one of my favorite characters. if he was in the next game, i'd be happy.[/quote]

I'm a Doc Mario fan also. At the beginning of every round I just keep throwing his pills saying, "Time to take you medicine" in a very annoying voice, over and over. This doesn't accomplish anything except piss everyone off and make me happy, but that's fine with me.

[quote name='kristianator']who said jigglypuff sucks? i don't even play this game, but isn't jigglypuff supposed to be a top tier character?[/quote]

The people who want Jiggly removed are people who get their asses kicked by Jiggly. At least I could kick their collective asses with Jiggly. :lol:

why not the fat guy from ice hockey, the amazon (or starman)
and speaking of little mac, the fighters would make better characters- bald bull, king hippo, the sandman, and maybe the dog from secret of evermore

How about Ridley, Shigeru Miyamoto, Reggie Fils-Aimes, an army of Pikmin, Paper Mario. I totally agree about Alex Roivas. That would rock your cock off!

Mario
Luigi
Wario-(This is a definite must and most likely will happen)
Waluigi -(Read statement above)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Fox McCould
Falco
Kirby
Captain Olimar
Pikachu
Samus Aran
Princess Peach
Link
Princess Zelda
Yoshi
Bowser Jr
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Ness
Roy
Marth
Baby Mario/Luigi
King DeDeDe
Kid Icarus
One or more characters from Golden Sun
One or more characters from Advance Wars (I think the main character, what's his name?, Andy I think would be pretty cool)
Tom Nook (the dude from Animal Crossing)
Dixie Kong
Trixie Kong
Birdo- (He's been in Mario Tennis so why not here?)

And since this is fantasy, I might as well add some characters that I'm pretty sure will never make it, but it's wishful thinking.

Sonic/Tales/Knuckles
Banjo Kazzooie/Kazooie
Conker

The main character from Illusion of Gaia. That game kicked major ass, and it's a shame more people haven't played it. I can't remember his name, becuase I haven't picked it up in a while, so someone help me out. He could transform into the big ass fighter like he did in the game...

Put in Konami, Square, and Capcom characters with the Nintendo ones and then let's get it on!!! :)

Solid Snake Vs. Dante or Fox Vs. Mega Man would rule ... perhaps even Link Vs. Maximo :)

[quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='Trakan']Knuckles![/quote]

Super Sonic, Dr Robotnik ...the weird wireframe guy from Rez :)[/quote]

well, you kinda already fight against him... :)

Im gonna go with Toad. Just so you have the satisfaction of beating the hell out of mario and yelling "The princess is in another castle, bitch"

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='Trakan']Knuckles![/quote]

Super Sonic, Dr Robotnik ...the weird wireframe guy from Rez :)[/quote]

well, you kinda already fight against him... :)

Im gonna go with Toad. Just so you have the satisfaction of beating the hell out of mario and yelling "The princess is in another castle, bitch"[/quote]

I guess I would like to see Toad as well, although I don't think he'd be kicking Mario's ass. Toad is Peach's little bitch boy!

[quote name='opportunity777']Put in Konami, Square, and Capcom characters with the Nintendo ones and then let's get it on!!! :)

Solid Snake Vs. Dante or Fox Vs. Mega Man would rule ... perhaps even Link Vs. Maximo :)[/quote]

Viewtiful Joe and Silvia! They'd fit in perfect, just they'd have to be VFX-less.

I'm not sure what characters I'd want in a Super Smash Brothers sequal.

I know I want a better boss. Master Hand is too easy to beat even on the hardest difficuilty (I haven't played SSBM in awhile, but I remember it being fairly easy for the boss of the game.)

I only played the game for multiplayer, but I think they could have a good single player experience if they worked on it. Maybe even a funny story ( which should be pretty easy since it's so many characters that are so different.)

Capatin Olimar with Pikmin would be awesome, although I'm not sure how you could balance that. I guess you could only have 1 pikmin of each color, and when a Pikmin dies, a seed should be planted really far away from Olimar and he'd have to pluck it to get another Pikmin to attack with.

I want to see some of the Mario enemies in the game:

Koopa (or Koopa Paratroopa)
Magikoopa
Boo
Shy Guy
Hammer Brothers
Shadow Mario (from Super Mario Sunshine)

Of those, Koopa is definitely my first pick, though Shy Guy would be cool too. I'm really glad Koopa is in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Kart: Double Dash; I was disappointed he wasn't in the N64 versions of Mario Golf and Mario Kart, especially since he was in Super Mario Kart.

Some characters that could work.

Metaknight
Race from the LOZ series (Zora or a Goron etc)
Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee
Pit
One of the Koopa kids
Main character from Kung Fu

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Some characters that could work.

Metaknight
Race from the LOZ series (Zora or a Goron etc)
Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee
Pit
One of the Koopa kids
Main character from Kung Fu[/quote]
:rofl: How about the main character from Shaq Fu?

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I want to see some of the Mario enemies in the game:

Koopa (or Koopa Paratroopa)
Magikoopa
Boo
Shy Guy
Hammer Brothers
Shadow Mario (from Super Mario Sunshine)

Of those, Koopa is definitely my first pick, though Shy Guy would be cool too. I'm really glad Koopa is in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Kart: Double Dash; I was disappointed he wasn't in the N64 versions of Mario Golf and Mario Kart, especially since he was in Super Mario Kart.[/quote]

They would most likely have to change the name Koopa, as that is Bowser's name in Japan. Actually, in the older games, he was called Koopa. Change the language on SSBM and go to the character select screen. Bowser will be Koopa, and Jigglypuff will be Purin, her Japanese name.

What about paper boy!

Shadow mario would be cool

wait A minute I have never played any of these games and probilly wont so

any one would be cool.

But in all honesty a sega vs nintendo fight would be pretty cool.

bread's done
Back