Your Top 10 Wii Games.

10. Excite Bots
9. Punch out
8. Lego Star Wars (although all Lego ones are fun; reluctanct to include it because it's not exclusive to Wii, but very fun)
7. Boom Blox
6. Super Mario Galaxy (not as much replay value as the others, but a must play)
5. Sam & Max (would be higher if original, but gets docked as a port)
4. Okami (same as #5, should be higher)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Mario Kart Wii
1. Zack & Wiki

I also expect to add some as yet unreleased games as soon as they come out:
new Indiana Jones (forget what it's called exactly)
Monkey Island
Sam & Max 2

10. Mad World(just have to try it out)
9. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Super Smash Bros Brawl
7. Zelda TP
6. House of the Dead Overkill(light gun games are great on the wii)
5. Mario Kart Wii(It's still a good time with friends)
4. Scarface The World is Yours
3. Okami (Not bad for a port)
2. No More Heroes
1. Boom Blox

Here's my top 10 5:

1. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Only for the fap material. Yes, I'm serious.)
2. The House of the Dead: Overkill (The 15 minutes of this game I played were pretty cool. I liked the swearing and general theme of the game. What can I say? I'm extremely shallow.)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I got there early to Target on its release date and waited in line with the Nintendo fanboys from my school. They were surprised to see me there, but I wasn't about to miss out on what I bought the Wii for. It lasted me about a week. Then it killed my Wii and I never really played it much after that.)
4. Trauma Center: Second Opinion (I bought it expecting some anime nurses in low-cut dresses performing mammory tests on patients, but instead I got a game with motion control mechanics built-in with a purpose and hours of entertainment due to this unique, though flawed, gameplay.)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Solid gameplay. Entertaining, I guess.)

My honorable mentions a.k.a. The other Wii games I played that weren't really good and so didn't even make the top 10 5:

Zack and Wiki (Lasted 20 minutes; bored.)

Mario Kart Wii (Played it with a friend for a few hours at his place. I prefer Double Dash.)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Well, it was ok. Would be terrible if it wasn't part of the Resident Evil franchise, for what that's worth.)

Dokapon Kingdom (I played, I dunno, five hours of this with a friend. I never want to see this game again.)

Mario Party 8 (Played a multiplayer round of this and suddenly became nostalgic for the first Mario Party. Yes, I'd rather grind holes in my palms than play this game.)

Trauma Center: New Blood (I played this for a good thirty minutes with a friend. A lot easier with two people. Will have to finish later as I'm not sure I got a good enough impression to compare it to the first.)

No More Heroes (Played it to completion. Shoulda just watched some videos of the cut-scenes on Youtube.)

Madworld (Beat the first boss and got to the second before realizing this was just No More Heroes with worse characters and a better overworld.)

Spoiler'd in case you don't want to hear my opinion alongside the list.

Here's my top 10 5:

1. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Only for the fap material. Yes, I'm serious.)

2. The House of the Dead: Overkill (The 15 minutes of this game I played were pretty cool. I liked the swearing and general theme of the game. What can I say? I'm extremely shallow.)

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I got there early to Target on its release date and waited in line with the Nintendo fanboys from my school. They were surprised to see me there, but I wasn't about to miss out on what I bought the Wii for. It lasted me about a week. Then it killed my Wii and I never really played it much after that.)

4. Trauma Center: Second Opinion (I bought it expecting some anime nurses in low-cut dresses performing mammory tests on patients, but instead I got a game with motion control mechanics built-in with a purpose and hours of entertainment due to this unique, though flawed, gameplay.)

5. Super Mario Galaxy (Solid gameplay. Entertaining, I guess.)

My honorable mentions a.k.a. The other Wii games I played that weren't really good and so didn't even make the top 10 5:

Zack and Wiki (Lasted 20 minutes; bored.)

Mario Kart Wii (Played it with a friend for a few hours at his place. I prefer Double Dash.)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
(Well, it was ok. Would be terrible if it wasn't part of the Resident Evil franchise, for what that's worth.)

Dokapon Kingdom (I played, I dunno, five hours of this with a friend. I never want to see this game again.)

Mario Party 8 (Played a multiplayer round of this and suddenly became nostalgic for the first Mario Party. Yes, I'd rather grind holes in my palms than play this game.)

Trauma Center: New Blood
(I played this for a good thirty minutes with a friend. A lot easier with two people. Will have to finish later as I'm not sure I got a good enough impression to compare it to the first.)

No More Heroes
(Actually played it to completion. Shoulda just watched some videos of the cut-scenes on Youtube.)

Madworld (Beat the first boss and got to the second before realizing this was just No More Heroes with worse characters and a better overworld.)

Boom Blox/Boom Blox Bash Party (Cool physics. Nice tech demo/diversion. Not worth playing, though.)

There are a few games on my radar that I havnt had the cash to pick up (overkill, deadly creatures, excite bots, call of duty WaW + a few older titles) that I think could make this top 10 list if I had them

10. World of Goo
9. Medal of honor heroes 2 (love wii shooters, even if the graphics suck it nailed the controls)
8. Zack and Wiki
7. No More Heroes
6. MadWorld
5. de Blob
4. Metroid Prime
3. Mario Galaxy
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Okami (ps2 port, but I loved it)

In no specific order:

1. Super Mario Galxy
2. Twilight Princess
3. Super Smash Bros Brawl
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Wario Ware
6. Resident evil 4 Wii Edition
7. Mario Kart Wii

I haven't gotten a new game since Mario Kart Wii, but 2010 BETTER change that.

I'm usually the first one to defend the Wii when people mock it, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 10 games. >___>

Endless Ocean
Super Mario Galaxy
World of Goo
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
De Blob
Wario Land: Shake It!
House of the Dead: Overkill
Punch-Out!!
Zack and Wiki
Ghost Squad

Some items will change when new games come out. Chances are Endless Ocean 2 will replace Endless Ocean at the top spot. Whether that brings EO down to spot #2 or removes it entirely is up to you.

Metroid Prime Trilogy includes MP3 and MP1-2. Seems to be better in every way, so in August MP3 can step down.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
3. Punch-Out!!
4. Klonoa
5. No More Heroes
6. de Blob
7. Wario Land: Shake It!
8. MadWorld
9. Zack & Wiki
10. Blast Works

I'm not sure if I even ordered it right either; it's hard to narrow into a top 10.

Unordered, because I don't feel like putting a lot of thought into this

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Boom Blox
Madworld
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Wii Fit
Shaun White Snowboarding
Wii Sports

The Godfather:Blackhand Edition
House of the Dead: Overkill
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime 3 (soon to be replaced by Metroid Prime Trilogy of course)
No More Heroes
Okami
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I'm not sure I can name 10 games I've liked enough to put them on a list, and certainly not in an order, but I'll list some.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
3. Rock Band 2
4. Guitar Hero World Tour
5. Animal Crossing City Folk
6. Excitebots
7. Boom Blox
8. Mario Kart
9. Red Steel (multiplayer fun only)
10. Wiiware games like Tetris, Dr. Mario, World of Goo

[quote name='PuppetYuber']wow no one mentioned tales of symphonia[/QUOTE]
It would be on my list if the main character wasn't so annoying, though besides that it's a very good game. I am very much looking forward to Tales of Graces.

I've owned 3 Wiis so far. My list:

10. Resident Evil 4 Wii
9. Guitar Hero 3: Legends Of Rock
8. Wii Sports
7. Excite Truck
6. MadWorld
5. Punch-Out!!
4. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Super Paper Mario
1. No More Heroes

10 - Mario Kart Wii
9 - Sonic & the Secret Rings
8 - Zack & Wiki
7 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
6 - De Blob
5 - Mega Man 9
4 - No More Heroes
3 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2 - Super Mario Galaxy
1 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

10 - Guitar Hero wii
9 - Lego starwars wii
8 - Lego Batman
7 - lego indiana jones
6 - Mario Kart Wii
5 - Force Unleashed
4 - Williams pinball collection
3 - Re 4 Wii
2 - Excite Truck
1 - Excitebots

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Wii Sports

Followed in no particular order by:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Castlevania Judgment (lulz, I know)
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (lulz, I still know)

I can only come up with 3 (sigh):

3: Fire Emblem
2: Wii Fit
1: Wii Sports

Edit: Overkill could be good too, if it wasn't too "over the top" vulgar.

I haven't actually played 10 Wii games, so I'm not sure how valuable a list would be from me. This lack of 10 games isn't an inditement of the platform at all, though. I love our Wii. I'm just not an uber gamer like most here, and I have young kids that take up a lot of my time. No, I don't have a 360 or PS3, so those aren't getting all my play time - I simply don't have the time to play, let alone the money to buy, most of the games I would like to.

So... of the games I've played, here is my top 6, I think in order but subject to change at any moment:

1. Animal Crossing: City Folk (I put a lot of time into this game and really enjoyed it and I plan to get back to it again at some later date)
2. Excitebots Trick Racing (fantastic game that definitely needs to be picked up by more CAGs!)
3. Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (I can't wait for the new game in this series!!!)
4. WiiFit (yes, I like it.)
5. WiiSports. I'd probably put this higher, because I really do enjoy it, but my kids don't like it that much and as a result I haven't played it that much. When I do play it it's a lot of fun.
6. Mario Kart Wii

Here are games we have that I have not really had any time to play, but at least some are likely to end up on such a list once I do:

Super Mario Galaxy - my kids have played it, but I have not. Obviously I need to get my act together, but I'm a lot more excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii then this game. I'm a 2D platformer person - 3D can be really obnoxious in platformers, IMHO, though I'm sure this game is great as far as such games go. It's likely I'll have played New Super Mario Bros. Wii to death before I get around to playing Super Mario Galaxy.

Zack & Wiki. It remains sealed on a shelf. I just haven't had time to jump into this yet, but I am looking forward to it. I keep meaning to start it, but then play something else.

Resident Evil IV Wii. Ditto.

Godfather: Blackhand Edition. Ditto, I think, but I don't really know much about this game. Got it for $5 at kmart.

Super Paper Mario - has gotten somewhat mixed reviews, but my 8 year old has played this quite a bit (though he hasn't finished it), and I helped him in parts and really enjoyed what I have played of it. We loved the previous two Paper Mario games and I didn't really have any qualms with the change in play form of this game at all. I will definitely make a playthrough of this when I find time for it, or at the very least will sit down with him to finish the game on his save. I'm not really sure why I haven't fully played this yet.

EDIT: some others we have that I forgot about, and are games I haven't dove into yet:

Boom Blox - haven't gotten to it yet.

Endless Ocean - I got this for my youngest but he didn't get into it, so I haven't played it either, but do want to at some point. Definitely need to do this before the sequel is out.

Here are the others games we have that definitely wouldn't make a top 10 list for me:

Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. My kids like it because it has sonic in it. Mediocre game on any platform.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. Though I think the main game plays much better with motion control then past versions and the motion control here works really well (I might even end up finishing this game at some point), I have always found the main game in this series to be incredibly frustrating and this edition is no different. I've only played a handful of the mini games and most have been pretty atrocious. Some of them have controls that are virtually indecipherable. Bizarre.

EDIT: see above - added a few more to the games we have that I haven't played yet category. Forgot about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda: TTP
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Madworld
Okami
--------------
Another 10 coming soon :)
Ghostbusters
The Conduit
Wii Sport Resort
Little King's Story
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Dead Space Extraction
Metriod Prime Triology

1. No More Heroes
2. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Battalion Wars 2
6. Godfather: Blackhand Edition
7. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
8. Metroid Prime 3
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
10. Excite Truck

Order is sort of random, and I'm probably missing a few of the games I've sold for reasons other than quality. Little King's Story should pop into the top 5 pretty easily next month.

In no particular order:

Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
Zack & Wiki
SSX Blur
Guitar Hero World Tour
World of Goo
Sam & Max
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Ghost Squad

In order:

10. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
9. Mario Strikers Charged
8. Mario Kart Wii
7. Battalion Wars II
6. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Okami (Amazing game, better than LoZ: TP - if you don't own it yet for either PS2 or Wii, buy it now!)
1. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

To be fair, though, I have a lot of great games (No More Heroes, MadWorld, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW) in my backlog, still sealed, that I haven’t got to playing yet, due to having a 1 year-old and being a neurotic game completist before I move on to the next game. I also think that honorable mentions should go to Excitebots: Trick Racing, Punch-Out!!, Excite Truck, Wii Sports, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Ghost Squad, House of the Dead: Overkill, & Super Paper Mario, as they are all excellent games. Also, I’m pretty sure that Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars, & Muramasa: The Demon Blade will find their way into my top 10 when they come out.

I just bought a Wii for 145 at Amazon warehouse, so I'm going to be carefully perusing this thread the next couple days to figure out what to buy.

Played:

Trauma Center New Blood
No More Heroes
Resident Evil UC
Mario Kart Wii
SSB Brawl
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero III
Wii Sports
SW Force Unleashed

Own, haven't played

Super Mario Galaxy
Tales of Symphonia DotNW
Fire Emblem RD
Resident Evil 4

Don't own yet
Okami
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy
HotD Overkill

I would put TP, but I played the GC version.

10. Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams
9. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
8. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure
7. Super Smash Bros Brawl
6. Mario Kart Wii
5. Mario Strikers Charged
4. Boom Blox: Bash Party
3. Excitebots Trick Racing
2. Animal Crossing City Folk
1. Super Mario Galaxy

Based on what I have played, no order in particular but last 3 were hard to come up with, so they are more biased. The other 7 were easier to come up with.

Okami
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Super Mario Galaxy
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Paper Mario
*long pause to come up with last 3*
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Trauma Center: New Blood
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Explanation for last 3:
Animal Crossing - Didn't play the DS version, so had more fun with it overall
Trauma Center - Co-op is very fun and its a fun game to play with a friend if they have an open mind to the simulation type of games.
Tales of Symphonia - I had to list an RPG... didn't really consider Super Paper Mario as one and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time sucked balls.

No particular order:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. No More Heroes
3. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
4. Rock Band 2(or any of the Guitar Hero games; RB2 wins the spot based on the quality and quantity of DLC, but you can't really go wrong with any of these)
5. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7. Punch-Out!!
8. Endless Ocean
9. Okami
10. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

After that, the next 5 would be:
Madworld
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
WarioWare Smooth Moves

Not in Order:

Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
All the Lego games (SW, Batman, Indiana Jones, HP Y 1-4) except Lego Rock band
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Mario Party 8

Haven't played Zelda or Punch Out!

In no particular order:

1. Twilight Princess
2. No More Heroes (have 2, but haven't gotten into it much yet)
3. Super Smash Bros
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (1 is very good obviously, but 2 is a tighter refinement of everything that made 1 great with great new stuff like new suits and Yoshi)
6. Wii Sports Resort
7. Boom Blox (arguably the best multi-player game to play drunk ever, and I don't even drink)
8. Rayman Raving Rabbids (only played the first, but it's a lot of fun)
9. Any of the Harry Potter games (because it's like you're waving the wand around, and it's a lot of fun)
10. Okami*

*-Okami is a brilliant game easily on par with most Zelda games, but sadly, even though it seems like it was built for Wii with its whole paint brush mechanic, it's far more responsive on PS2, so if you have the option, I'd get the PS2 version. Capcom dropped the ball big time on that

1. Super Mario Galaxy: Hands down, one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had. Loved every second of it, and cant' wait to pick up the sequel.

2. Monster Hunter Tri: My best friend moved across the country, and now we hang out a couple times a week to kill dinosaurs.

3. Animal Crossing: My girlfriend and I are big into this, though I've largely abandoned my town to play Monster Hunter instead.

4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

5. World of Goo

6. Mario Kart Wii: Popular choice at parties.

7. New Super Mario Bros.: Fun to play, though it may as well be called Super Divorce Brothers because my girl and I always yell at each other over who caused the death of whom.

8. Wii Sports Resort: Not much fun to play alone, but frequently parties at my house tend to center around the wii, and it's just as fun to watch people play this as it is to play. Minor shout out to Wii Sports, too, because my cousins hosts an annual Wii Boxing tournament, and I have an intense Wii Boxing rivalry with his wife.

9. Metroid Prime Trilogy: I'm only about halfway through the first one, but I am enjoying it, which is surprising because I'm usually so crappy at FPS. It's the modified New Play Control that really saves me here.

10. Mega Man 9: I have much love for the old school Mega Man. Now if only they'd make a downloadable Mega Man X 16-bit game...

Also, I have to say that one of the big reasons I got a Wii is the Gamecube/Virtual Console library. I jumped to Playstation when Square took Final Fantasy exclusive, so I missed out on a few generations of Mario, Zelda, and other franchise games. Now I've picked up things like the Zelda 4-in-1 Collector's disc, so I'm playing Ocarina, Majora, and the Wind Waker for the first time ever. Same with Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.

No order here. Just a list of games that I enjoy a crapload.

Fragile Dreams
Muramasa
Super Mario Galaxy (I chose the first over the second purely due to Rosalina's prominence)
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
No More Heroes
Okami
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Is it fair to assume that these lists are meant to be retail games only?

My top ten selection (in alphabetical order):

Boom Blox Bash Party
Endless Ocean
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Little King's Story
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Galaxy
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Zack & Wiki

Games that I love, but didn't make the cut:

Animal Crossing
Dokapon Kingdom
House of the Dead Overkill
Sam & Max
Trauma Center series

I'll bite (in order of preference):

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Sports
Twilight Princess
Boom Blox Bash Party

Um, OK... how about a Top 8?

Let's see what I come up with...

Obvious classics:
Mario Galaxy
Twilight Princess

Less obvious winners:
Super Paper Mario (!)
Mario Strikers Charged

I like these a lot:
HOTD: Overkill
HOTD: 2 & 3 Return
Smash Bros. Brawl

I like these, but not enough to finish them:
Zack & Wiki
Madworld
No More Heroes

That's ten. For bonus points...

Honorable mentions:
Wii Sports & Resort & Fit - these kinda fall into the same boat for me because they're pick up anytime and play, rather than involved games in which you progress. Also great fun for groups

Just for me:
Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law :drool: (I really did love it!)

[quote name='randomthinker']Just for me:
Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law :drool: (I really did love it!)[/QUOTE]

It was worth the $5 I paid for the PS2 version. I would barely call it a game, but for Birdman fans it was worth "playing".

Little King's Story
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Warioware Smooth Moves
House of the Dead Overkill
Wario Land SHake It
Dokapon Kingdom
Wii Sports Resort
Shiren the Wanderer

SSBB
Mario Kart
Super Mario Galaxy
Rock Band 2
The Bigs
WarioWare: SM
Wii Sports
Wii Fit+
Wii Sports Resort
Sonic and Mario at the Summer Olympics

[quote name='TheLongshot']It was worth the $5 I paid for the PS2 version. I would barely call it a game, but for Birdman fans it was worth "playing".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel you there. If I had paid more than $5 I would have been more... discerning about the game :)

I think the Wii remote was a great control scheme though. Can't imagine trying to do it on a PS2 controller...

Birdman jokes were worth it.

Did ya get that thing I sent ya!?

bread's done
Back