YourSingapore: Make Matt a Winner and You Might Win 1600 XBLA Points (OP EDITED 4/13)

Mercata

CAG Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vwFM7WLRs&feature=player_embedded

Ohmygod, I'm in the top 20 for this great contest!!! In a nutshell: I did this in front of a green screen in Times Square to enter to win a free trip to Singapore. Thanks to everyone who viewed the video of me "dancing." =)

There's something in this for you guys if you vote for "Matt" at the YourSingapore website, found by clicking this lovely orange text...

If I have the MOST votes, there will be a random drawing for all who vote in this (post a screenshot for proof of entry):

Additionally, if you put the following message in your Facebook/Twitter update, you are given a second entry into my contest...

Enter to win a free trip to Singapore, and don't forget to vote for Matt!

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/config/dance-to-singapore.html

Or some variation will do, as long as there's a "vote for Matt" part.

If y'all can think of anywhere else I can promote this, I'm very open to suggestions. I tried this same thing at theEscapist and they straight up banned me (good riddance to those jerks anyway!), and xbox360achievements deleted the topic outright.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to upvote or Digg it, if'n ya like:

Digg it here

Upvote on Reddit here

Screenshot proof is preferred, but I'll take the honor system, too. You get additional entries to win free stuff from me for each means of promotion.

It costs you NOTHING to join, and if you guys help me to win then you have a chance of winning THREE prizes. By voting at YourSingapore, you're entered into a chance to win a trip of your own to Singapore. Good luck to everyone! Let's have 4 CAG winners, shall we?

4/13 UPDATE: I've decided that if I reach 500 votes, regardless of whether or not I win, I'm still going to have a prize giveaway as thanks for all the support. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, some girl has 92 votes...this doesnt look good. i voted for u. 17th vote

*edit* forgot screenshot
Screenshot2010-04-09at122703AM.png

i also believe you should give away the points even if you do lose. if you choose not to, you will have many angry CAGers. grats on getting close to beating the girl tho.

*edit edit* screenshot of me posting it on facebook
Screenshot2010-04-13at120110AM.png

HOLY JEEBUS 43 votes already! I'm in 3rd currently. This just became a whole lot more winnable.

I'm posting about this everywhere (Digg, Reddit, many similar others, Facebook, etc), and friends are passing it on lightning quick! Chelsea, you are going down!!!

I voted for you man, here's a screen shot of the vote success window

Yay for lots of blacked out stuff I don't want you to see! Haha XD

A $20 code for one of us if you get a free vacation? Pretty unremarkable gift if you ask me.

It costs you NOTHING to join, and if you guys help me to win then you have a chance of winning THREE prices. By voting at YourSingapore, you're entered into a chance to win a trip of your own to Singapore.

ok, so NOTHING to join means its worth joining? I think not.
Also, THREE prices? Aside from the fact you mean prizes, dont you mean one of three prizes? Or can someone win all three prizes which I presume are the MS points, your book and the trip?

Good luck I guess, but nothing in this thread makes me want to vote for you or even visit that site.

AND WTF, you only have 13 posts here! Do you got to various forums, sign up (though yes you signed up last year) and shill for votes? Stop this nonsense. CAGers should vote for one of the members of the community who participate in the community. Not someone like this.

Grammatical non-clarity criticism noted, thank you! =)

Are you a Dune fan, by the way? I ask because of your name and because Dune is awesome and I could talk about it all day.

[quote name='Arakias']A $20 code for one of us if you get a free vacation? Pretty unremarkable gift if you ask me.

ok, so NOTHING to join means its worth joining? I think not.
Also, THREE prices? Aside from the fact you mean prizes, dont you mean one of three prizes? Or can someone win all three prizes which I presume are the MS points, your book and the trip?

Good luck I guess, but nothing in this thread makes me want to vote for you or even visit that site.

AND WTF, you only have 13 posts here! Do you got to various forums, sign up (though yes you signed up last year) and shill for votes? Stop this nonsense. CAGers should vote for one of the members of the community who participate in the community. Not someone like this.[/QUOTE]

Agree. The least you can do is to give out the point code even if you didnt win

Okay.

From now on, this topic is reserved for CAGs who are appreciative of the free entertainment and the opportunity to enter into a contest to win a trip to Singapore in addition to said free entertainment (estimated time/effort: about 20 seconds worth of clicking and typing) as well as the increasingly more probable chance to win additional prizes. I often talk up this forum for its surprisingly mature users. Come on, now.

Thanks, guys! Remember: voting for the hot chick will not make her want to sleep with you!

NEW THINGY: If you put the following message in your Facebook/Twitter update, you are given a second entry into my contest...

Enter to win a free trip to Singapore, and don't forget to vote for Matt!

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/config/dance-to-singapore.html

Or some variation will do, as long as there's a "vote for Matt" part.

Screenshot proof is preferred, but I'll take the honor system, too. You guys are great!

Thank you so much, guys! This ain't over yet.

If y'all can think of anywhere else I can promote this, I'm very open to suggestions. I tried this same thing at theEscapist and they straight up banned me (good riddance to those jerks anyway!), and xbox360achievements deleted the topic outright.

Digg it here

Upvote on Reddit here

OP edited. And again, honor system applies here. You get additional entries to win free stuff from me for each means of promotion.

[quote name='Mercata']Thank you so much, guys! This ain't over yet.

Digg it here

Upvote on Reddit here

OP edited. And again, honor system applies here. You get additional entries to win free stuff from me for each means of promotion.[/QUOTE]

I frequent another achievement site, trueachievements.com you could try there as they are a better site than xbox360achievements in my opinion.

Also I dugg it under the username GenPirate and I would have Upvoted on Reddit but it links me to digg.

bread's done
Back