YS Memories of Celceta Ultra Premiun Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Ys Origins (and probably the other Steam Ys games - didn't check I have them on PSP) are 50% off ($10) until.Dec. 3rd.

Ys Origins runs really well in 1600x1200, most settings on high, on my shitty laptop (which can barely run Torchlight 2 on low settings)...there's a demo to try out.

I got my Ys Celceta from EB games in-store preorder, and the box was totally fine. But one of the employees started playing bongos right on my game while I was paying for it. A quick stern stare and it was over (no apologies though) but that goes to show what kind of shit can happen while they're in storage.

I just got my shipping notice from Best Buy. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Just got my shipping notice from VGP at the same time, too late to cancel one. Looks like I'm going to end up with two copies, in case anyone here gets fucked over on their preorder.

I just got my shipping notice from Best Buy. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Just got my shipping notice from VGP at the same time, too late to cancel one. Looks like I'm going to end up with two copies, in case anyone here gets fucked over on their preorder.
Got my shipping notice from Best Buy as well. Didn't look good for a while...it showed as out of stock when I checked yesterday.

Everyone has a pretty low opinion of bestbuy for lessor known titles.... well I got mine, shipped and received today. Only place i ordered and I guess Lucky that they came through... but ya they never really failed me yet so not so bad.

It might be worth noting for anyone interested in VIta LEs that this is also available:

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21452

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God Limited Edition - PS VITA (Preorder) - $50

Comes with: 

• A Cute Kuu-rry Plate Straight from the first tower comes Kuu, the always hungry little critter with an attitude Not only is it Kuu-shaped; to perfection, but it also features the ever-present companion emblazoned on the plate
  • Can't get enough of Kuu Well, you're in luck because along with that awesome curry plate, the limited edition also includes a Kuu-shaped spoon Colored a cheer-inspiring yellow with the almighty Kuu and the Sorcery Saga logo debossed on the handle
  • A Bibilious Bib Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God features an array of wacky, sometimes cuisine-inspired critters that run amok in the dungeons you enter; Why not create a bib out of them
I haven't seen it available elsewhere in canada other than amazon.ca (which is also being sold by VGP) so yeah....

Gah, I think that game looks interesting, and I think I'd buy a LE for it in heartbeat. But the things it comes with are some the worst extras I've ever seen come with a game. Seriously, so bad I'm wary of getting the standalone game...

Gah, I think that game looks interesting, and I think I'd buy a LE for it in heartbeat. But the things it comes with are some the worst extras I've ever seen come with a game. Seriously, so bad I'm wary of getting the standalone game...
I'm with you on this one. I emailed Aksys about the packaging. If everything comes inside a nice big box, maaaaybe I'd be tempted. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was loose on the side type deal.

I don't think I've seen Aksys make any LE stuff that didn't come in a box. So it'll have a box most likely. But if you're on the fence thinking of getting it, think about how many they might have left unsold. I'm pretty sure it'll be on clearance eventually, unless they basically print to order.

Edit: Oh, I think VGP has a picture of the face of a box. See the square-ish shot on the top right, that seems like a box shot to me.

I don't know, I've always been wary of their packaging ever since the first agarest on xbox, the one with the boobie mousepad.

There was no reinforcement so the mousepad went to town on the packaging.

Suffice to say that there was no way you'd be keeping that mint sealed ever.

Well fuck. It's looking like this is a for real *Limited* Edition, and EB screwed me over. My store only got a few copies, and they gutted all of them for fun. I didn't want a gutted copy, so I had my clerk call the nearest EB to check for stock and put one on hold. I cancelled my preorder and proceeded to the next EB, only to find out they had no LE's available, just the regular version.... That EB phoned around more for me, and every local EB is soldout of the LE. I went back to the first EB to grudgingly take the gutted copy, and they wouldn't give it to me, cause they had more preorders than their allocation covered, and my preorder was cancelled so I was at the back of the line...

Here's hoping BB stocks it shortly, so I can swing in and grab a copy off the shelf.
That's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. I'd have spoken with the store manager right away so that he/she could arrange to have a new one shipped from warehouse. Not a single competent EB Games employee would ever gut something and create unnecessary work for themselves; they already have more work than they can handle with the meager labour hours allocated to them.

My VGP copy just arrived in pristine condition as well, shipped in a box with a couple other games. I'll re-use this box to ship, if anyone here wanted a copy and missed out (although it seems like there are still some available at online retailers).

bread's done
Back