Ys Seven LE: Now $29.99 / Ys OoF LE: Now $29.99

worrybomb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Anybody who has been waiting for a price drop on the Ys Seven Limited Edition bundle for the PSP (yours truly, counted) would be glad to know that Gamestop.com has it for $29.99 ($20 off the original price). It's the cheapest I have seen so far and I quickly bit using one of my $10 off coupons I received in 2010 from GS.com.

I'm pretty sure the price is also in effect for people who want to make an in-store purchase but for those that want their copy to be "brand spanking new" and also want to burn off one of those unwanted online coupons they have received last year with their game purchases, you better get it online before it is out of stock.

Don't forget to add "SAVER" for free shipping.

UPDATE: I've also spotted Ys: The Oath in Felghana Limited Edition on the website for $29.99 ($10 off the original price). It's not such a great discount compared to what Amazon had it before (I believe the lowest was $25.99) but for those that missed out on it, it's going to be an in-store only purchase since it is unavailable online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up... I am a big rpg fan and I don't own this game (have heard good things) and I could always use more limited editions :p

Thanks OP. Ordered Ys Seven since it seems to be the cheapest that I've seen it at in forever. Missed out on Oath but I'm sure I can find it again elsewhere.

I got one of those $10 coupons from buying Demon Souls early last year. It never seems to work with any of the stuff I've been wanting to buy...

This is a temporary thing by the way. (From Jan 7th on XSEED's Facebook)

GameStop is holding a special promotion starting today where the LE versions of Ys SEVEN and Ys: The Oath in Felghana will sell for the same $29.99 price as the regular versions, but this offer only runs for a limited time so be sure to go pick up a copy quick if you missed out on the LE goodness earlier.

[quote name='MightyCollector']Aw.
By the time I got through checkout Seven LE sold out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP picked one up a few hours ago.

Sadly it is now sold out online, probably only shredded box rips available in store.

Still hoping for a Amazon PM, so I can return my order to GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tom Ato']Remind me not to buy Ys Chronicles LE at MSRP please.[/QUOTE]

Well the LE for that is $29.99. They're not even starting out with two separate versions, the only version you'll be able to find at least at launch is the LE for the standard $29.99 price point.

Bought both Ys 7 and Ys Oath in Felghana. I also put in my preorder for Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles.

I have a quick question: Xseed is doing this promo where you can choose to get either soundtrack for Ys 7, Ys OiF, or the artbook for sending in a copy of your Ys 1&2 Chronicles preorder receipt. Which should I get, since I think all 3 of those things already come with the LEs right?

[quote name='jling84']Bought both Ys 7 and Ys Oath in Felghana. I also put in my preorder for Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles.

I have a quick question: Xseed is doing this promo where you can choose to get either soundtrack for Ys 7, Ys OiF, or the artbook for sending in a copy of your Ys 1&2 Chronicles preorder receipt. Which should I get, since I think all 3 of those things already come with the LEs right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the items you can select have been seen before in the previous LEs.

[quote name='Volcynika']Yeah the items you can select have been seen before in the previous LEs.[/QUOTE]

The 2 LEs I bought are still sealed. How is the artbook? If it sucks, I'll just get one of the soundtracks and have an extra.

[quote name='jling84']The 2 LEs I bought are still sealed. How is the artbook? If it sucks, I'll just get one of the soundtracks and have an extra.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a great judge of artbooks, but it does include art from all three Ys games they're localizing/have localized. Depends on how you really like art! Otherwise you can just opt for a soundtrack.

[quote name='Volcynika']I'm not a great judge of artbooks, but it does include art from all three Ys games they're localizing/have localized. Depends on how you really like art! Otherwise you can just opt for a soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks, I think I'll get the artbook. I like artbooks more than soundtracks, so unless the artbook was just horrible, I would opt for that.

[quote name='jling84']The 2 LEs I bought are still sealed. How is the artbook? If it sucks, I'll just get one of the soundtracks and have an extra.[/QUOTE]

Just to confirm, do your sealed LE's have a cellophane wrapper around the box? I'd like to filter out the gutted gamestop copies. Thanks.

[quote name='succor']Just to confirm, do your sealed LE's have a cellophane wrapper around the box? I'd like to filter out the gutted gamestop copies. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The sealed Ys Seven LE should be shrinkwrapped. All the Gamestops near me only had one copy, and was gutted. I did buy one, and the game itself was sealed, but the outer box was not. I'm going to order a new copy as well if Amazon price matches (Amazon has 437 copies in stock when I checked).

[quote name='elessar123']The sealed Ys Seven LE should be shrinkwrapped. All the Gamestops near me only had one copy, and was gutted. I did buy one, and the game itself was sealed, but the outer box was not. I'm going to order a new copy as well if Amazon price matches (Amazon has 437 copies in stock when I checked).[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine were shrinkwrapped.

[quote name='jling84']I have a quick question: Xseed is doing this promo where you can choose to get either soundtrack for Ys 7, Ys OiF, or the artbook for sending in a copy of your Ys 1&2 Chronicles preorder receipt. Which should I get, since I think all 3 of those things already come with the LEs right?[/QUOTE]

Would that work if I preordered it on Amazon?

[quote name='jling84']I have a quick question: Xseed is doing this promo where you can choose to get either soundtrack for Ys 7, Ys OiF, or the artbook for sending in a copy of your Ys 1&2 Chronicles preorder receipt. Which should I get, since I think all 3 of those things already come with the LEs right?[/QUOTE]
Judging from the photo on the facebook page, all 3 items from the promo look the same as those already bundled in the LE of Ys 7 and Ys OiF. If you already have both LE's, there would be nothing new in the promo swag. But you should still pick one out and give it out to a friend. Which one is the best all of the three?

felghana is great, i'm playing it a lot. people should pick these up if they like zelda type games with a little more action and better combat.

[quote name='eau']Which one is the best all of the three?[/QUOTE]

Probably the Oath in Felghana CD. That game has one of the best damn soundtracks ever made.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Would that work if I preordered it on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

GameStop only. You have to give them a copy of your receipt.

[quote name='eau']Judging from the photo on the facebook page, all 3 items from the promo look the same as those already bundled in the LE of Ys 7 and Ys OiF. If you already have both LE's, there would be nothing new in the promo swag. But you should still pick one out and give it out to a friend. Which one is the best all of the three?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I would rather have an extra artbook. With the soundtracks I would just rip them to my ipod anyway, so there's really no reason for me to have 2 of either soundtracks.

Also for the people preordering, I think you need to get your preorder in at GS before the 14th to qualify for the freebie. XSEED fans should "Like" XSEED on Facebook as that's where they were announcing this sale and the preorder deal.

Bought Ys Seven LE from GS this afternoon. I originally went to a nearby GS that the web site had it in stock, but they didn't have any when I got there. They offered to call another nearby store and found one that had it in stock so they placed it on hold for me yesterday, but I wasn't able to get there until this afternoon. Fortunately they were still holding it for me and while the box was a bit crushed on one side (seems to happen all the damn time), it was still sealed. I had called another GS and while they also had one left, they said it was a gutted copy.

[quote name='jling84']Yeah I think I would rather have an extra artbook. With the soundtracks I would just rip them to my ipod anyway, so there's really no reason for me to have 2 of either soundtracks.

Also for the people preordering, I think you need to get your preorder in at GS before the 14th to qualify for the freebie. XSEED fans should "Like" XSEED on Facebook as that's where they were announcing this sale and the preorder deal.[/QUOTE]

i dont remember getting an artbook with ys 7

[quote name='slidecage']i dont remember getting an artbook with ys 7[/QUOTE]

Well if you got the LE you should have.

[quote name='slidecage']i dont remember getting an artbook with ys 7[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ys 7 comes with the artbook and the soundtrack. Ys: OiF comes with the other soundtrack.

thanks for the post worrybomb....i didn't see the LE games on the shelf but i asked the clerk to check and viola they had them locked in the cabinet....took 2 stores to get them though...one store had ys oof and another had ys 7

Got ys 7 today. Also, when i picked it up they had to check my id, they said the game was retroactively rated M.

[quote name='zeke222']Got ys 7 today. Also, when i picked it up they had to check my id, they said the game was retroactively rated M.[/QUOTE]

lolwut

bread's done
Back