Zack and Wiki (Wii) Availability

iowaholdem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Does anyone know if US Best Buy stores will be carrying ZW? I've got $40 in BB gift cards set aside specifically for this game, but I realized that ZW is nowhere to be found on the BB site, though it is on the BB Canada site. So if anyone has any luck finding ZW anywhere B&M (especially BB) please let us know. It looks like no one was able to find this game today, though that's expected as the offical release date is today, so it won't likely be found till tomorrow.

I really don't think BB is going to stock this game. I checked there again today and they didn't have it, so I had a guy look to see if it's online (no) or that there are any orders for it (no). He knew nothing about it and couldn't find a shred of existance of the game. I emailed BB customer service asking if they're going to carry the game. I also checked Walmart (no go) and Gamestop. GS didn't have any copies either - they only got three in since no one preordered and they sold out of them. The manager expected that they were the only store in my area that'd carry the game, though he thought Hastings might get it - so I'll check there tomorrow.

All my current EB/GSs claim to have a few copies in stock. Now the trick is to find a non-gutted copy. Hopefully, I'll be in possession of an unmolested copy by noon.

My Wally World (Mishawaka, IN) had about 15 copies of the game. This was pretty shocking because no other store carried it. Might be worth a shot to check out Wal-Mart and avoid giving your business to Gamestop.

[quote name='lombarvm']My Wally World (Mishawaka, IN) had about 15 copies of the game. This was pretty shocking because no other store carried it. Might be worth a shot to check out Wal-Mart and avoid giving your business to Gamestop.[/quote]
Same with my Wal-Mart (small town in southern Colo), although they weren't stocking the shelves with it until last night.

I was looking for MLB Power Pros, the electronics guy had like 10-15 copies of this game on the counter, getting ready to stock them. They didn't have Power Pros, so I bought this one instead

Well it looks like we ran out of folks to give this to as gifts and still have two extras. So if anyone is having hard time I can ship these at cost from deal I got. $30 media mail, and $38 with first class/confirmation/tracking as long have vertified paypal addy, i surely got the references.

Bought the last copy at my GameStop near my job. It was a damn gut. I hate buying guts but it looked pristine and no other stores had them. Cant complain since I bought it with 10% off.

It'll be BIG Title... you can find it everywhere plus it's one of the best Wii game avaible right now. Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki .... next is Mario Glaxy :)

Just got back from the nearest GS. They had 3 copies, 2 of which were gutted. I got the sealed one. It wasn't a reseal job. Pretty good deal w/ a little credit and the 10% off coupon.

Me

Best Buy didnt have it. Circuit City showed it, but "all are preorders". Gamestop had some but all were preorder...

Estarland will most likely be where I get mine.

If you're going to buy a game at Gamestop anyway, why not just reserve it? I can understand the hate toward the Stop (I won't shop there myself) but if you do shop there, it's kind of silly not to pre-order. Then you don't have to worry about them being sold out or getting a gutted copy.

[quote name='skullivan']If you're going to buy a game at Gamestop anyway, why not just reserve it? I can understand the hate toward the Stop (I won't shop there myself) but if you do shop there, it's kind of silly not to pre-order. Then you don't have to worry about them being sold out or getting a gutted copy.[/quote]

Partly because when you give them money on a pre-order, they are earning the interest off of that cash, rather than yourself. This is a small value if you are talking about $5 that would have been in your checking/savings which gets .01% APR; but compared to $600 ($50 game every month) a year which could have been in a 4.5% APR CD or something...that interest is more notable. Now consider that GameStop is earning that interest, except multiplied by the thousands of customers...

[quote name='skullivan']If you're going to buy a game at Gamestop anyway, why not just reserve it? I can understand the hate toward the Stop (I won't shop there myself) but if you do shop there, it's kind of silly not to pre-order. Then you don't have to worry about them being sold out or getting a gutted copy.[/QUOTE]
Because no one anticipated the game being in limited quantity. Not to mention, I and probably majority of people didnt know about this game or was interested in it until I saw videos and reviews.
[quote name='SuperFox']Partly because when you give them money on a pre-order, they are earning the interest off of that cash, rather than yourself. This is a small value if you are talking about $5 that would have been in your checking/savings which gets .01% APR; but compared to $600 ($50 game every month) a year which could have been in a 4.5% APR CD or something...that interest is more notable. Now consider that GameStop is earning that interest, except multiplied by the thousands of customers...[/QUOTE]
I dont think that has anything to with it at all. I dont think GS is earning interest. Its their way of locking you into purchasing with them and to guaranteeing yourself a copy instead of running around looking for it.

[quote name='skullivan']If you're going to buy a game at Gamestop anyway, why not just reserve it? I can understand the hate toward the Stop (I won't shop there myself) but if you do shop there, it's kind of silly not to pre-order. Then you don't have to worry about them being sold out or getting a gutted copy.[/QUOTE]

More importantly its a false sense of security of the preorders I have done there most have not been on time, or I could have easily walked into Best Buy and bought it before Gamestop physically had "my" preordered copy in hand.

Other times they sell out of preorders and then refuse to refund your money.

Its just not worth it. I don't preorder and leave my chances open to find my own stuff. Then I can go where it is etc.

This is probably one of the first few times (if not the first) I have had difficulty finding a newly released game anywhere.

I did pre order my Wii at Gamestop (actually a few of them and amazon) because I had a feeling ti would be in the situation it was in (and still is in some parts).

But in short preordering does nothing for you on a game basis in my opinion.

I HAVE BEEN TO TARGET, CIRCUIT CITY, BEST BUY, WALMART, AND ONE OF MY GAMESTOPS, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE IT.

I have to go check the other Gamestops.

Urge to kill is RISING.

[quote name='SuperFox']Partly because when you give them money on a pre-order, they are earning the interest off of that cash, rather than yourself. This is a small value if you are talking about $5 that would have been in your checking/savings which gets .01% APR; but compared to $600 ($50 game every month) a year which could have been in a 4.5% APR CD or something...that interest is more notable. Now consider that GameStop is earning that interest, except multiplied by the thousands of customers...[/quote]

So, the Superman III scheme?

[quote name='Strell']I HAVE BEEN TO TARGET, CIRCUIT CITY, BEST BUY, WALMART, AND ONE OF MY GAMESTOPS, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE IT.

I have to go check the other Gamestops.

Urge to kill is RISING.[/QUOTE]

Strell,

let me know quick. My local Gamestop did have a few copies yesterday (local to my house not work).

I can stop tonight use the 10% coupon and pay the 6% sales tax and drop it in the mail by whatever method you want Friday AM.

If you need that method PM me.

I dont think that has anything to with it at all. I dont think GS is earning interest. Its their way of locking you into purchasing with them and to guaranteeing yourself a copy instead of running around looking for it.

I don't know how the finances work between the Retailer and Producer/Developer/Distributor, but I would guess they pay for the copies of the game they receive around the same time they receive the game. So the time between you placing a pre-order and GS paying the distributor for the physical copy of the game, GS is earning interest on your pre-order. That's in addition to them having a guaranteed sale (where you may purchase a used game, which is around 75% profit, depending on how much credit they gave when they took in the game,) like you mentioned.

The same interest-earning procedure happens with someone like Dell Computers - when you go online and customize a computer, Dell has been paid for the product before they have even paid to put the product together. Much different from a car company, where the final product sits there and loses value at the dealership before it is sold.

So, the Superman III scheme?

Or the OfficeSpace plot, whichever you prefer.

Not to accelerate Strell's descent into madness, but my local GameStop had a copy (and I know for a fact another CAG got one at the same location yesterday). Seems impossible that we were the only ones after them, so maybe they got a few more than most stores.

Hang in there buddy. It'll happen for you. And call first.

bread's done
Back