ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protectors (15% off)

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
Just used this, 15% off. Found via google. It said 20% on the post where I found it, but I got 15% off not 20%. Still not bad since I was going to buy one anyways.

I got the full body for the psp 2000. they also have DS, PS3, cell phones, whatever.

Free shipping although it says 1-2 weeks, ehh the product is supposed to be top notch so I can take it.

PSP Phat: www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sony-psp-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

PSP slim: https://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sony-psp-slim-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

NDS: https://www.zagg.com/invisibleshiel...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

iPhone: https://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/cell-phone/apple

code: techound1

here's some promo vid on it, he installs it on a phat psp at around 2'50"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdePUhubtKw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spookyhurst']I emailed Zagg and asked if the IS works on a DS that has a silkscreen (just got the Pokemon one). They responded and said they don't guarantee it won't damage the silkscreen, and they don't guarantee that it will adhere to the silkscreen. They followed that up with, "Hope that helps!" Um...yeah...very helpful. So do any of you have experience putting these on silkscreen?[/QUOTE]

But isn't the silkscreen under the clear coat? Like with the GOW psp. I dnt think they put the silkscreen on top of the clear coat. So shouldn't bea problem right?

Well I just finished installing the invisible shield for my iPhone 3g, and I must say it was quite a pain. I had a hard time keeping dust from getting in between the shield and the phone. The shield also drastically alters the feel of the screen by adding a bumpy texture to it. It also bothers me that my iPhone no longer looks smooth and has the roughness of a cantalope.

The corners and edges of my shield don't look too great, as it seems that lint get's caught along the edge. Gripes aside, I'm not sure if it was worth the price I paid (even with the 15% off), but it sure as hell does what it claims. When I tried scratching the screen with a nail, it sort of just glides over the surface without leaving a mark, even when a lot of pressure is applied. I also like how the shield is slightly tacky so it provides better grip. Another plus is that fingerprints no longer show up on the oil magnet that is the 3g iPhone. Can't say I miss wiping the thing with my shirt 24/7, but I do miss how sleek it used to look.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']But isn't the silkscreen under the clear coat? Like with the GOW psp. I dnt think they put the silkscreen on top of the clear coat. So shouldn't bea problem right?[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I haven't actually unwrapped the Pokemon DS yet because I don't want to get any dust on it before I get a shield for it.

I saw that there was a special for 50% off at Zagg, but it must have been only for a day, and I missed it :(.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Well I just finished installing the invisible shield for my iPhone 3g, and I must say it was quite a pain. I had a hard time keeping dust from getting in between the shield and the phone. The shield also drastically alters the feel of the screen by adding a bumpy texture to it. It also bothers me that my iPhone no longer looks smooth and has the roughness of a cantalope.

The corners and edges of my shield don't look too great, as it seems that lint get's caught along the edge. Gripes aside, I'm not sure if it was worth the price I paid (even with the 15% off), but it sure as hell does what it claims. When I tried scratching the screen with a nail, it sort of just glides over the surface without leaving a mark, even when a lot of pressure is applied. I also like how the shield is slightly tacky so it provides better grip. Another plus is that fingerprints no longer show up on the oil magnet that is the 3g iPhone. Can't say I miss wiping the thing with my shirt 24/7, but I do miss how sleek it used to look.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it seems like its worth it to protect the device. Especially an iphone. I'd gladly give up the sleekness of the iphone if I was able to put it in my pocket without fear.

[quote name='spookyhurst']I have two 1-time codes for 20% off for whoever wants them:

mgtb78
jmfdb4[/quote]

too bad mine are gone or I'd post em too...

yea i put mine on my iphone. i love the screen. i dont mind the change in feel at all but creases lifted and let tiny bits of lint in and now the creases have raised and seem like theyre spreading.

FINISHED, But am not liking how it looks to much on the screen at all. Hopefully it cures or whatever the bs is.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']

1) NOT enough solution... Not even close...

2) "sticky" side is only slick if it has solution on it, and since you'll be using it sparingly you'll only put a little on (few sprays). And if you try and re-adjust fingerprints/dust can get under. Especially edges (mostly the edges to be honest).

3) Lots of small bubbles, well not that much but they are noticeable. We'll see if they go away like they say after it "cures". To be honest, theres a lot of very small bubbles on the screen (most shiny part of psp so they stand out more) and they have seemed to get better after just an hour or so.
[/QUOTE]

1. The FAQ on their site says that you can refill the bottle with regular, clean water. There's enough of the active stuff on the inside of the bottle to get the job done, even if you have to refill a couple of times more. I know for sure because I had to refill my bottle twice when I put a body skin on my DS Lite as well as my Palm Treo 650. For others who are worried, don't be - feel free to be relatively generous with the spray, but not so much that you get leakage into the device.
  2. While it's true that the sticky side is only slick if it has solution on it, as long as you have enough solution and don't press too hard you still have a tiny bit of leeway to slide a skin around. Also, did you make sure your fingers were wet? That right there is a huge tip. Don't bother using the solution spray if you don't have to - I think regular, clean tap water works fine for your fingers.

3. I couldn't detect small bubbles when I installed the skin on my DS Lite and Treo 650 - the DS was white, and the Treo was powder silver :D But I could see the bubbles on the screens, which admittedly did work themselves out after a few days. I should note, though, that I removed the skins from my DS screens and replaced them with official Hori screen covers. Worked much better, and they're pretty tough (and far smoother).

One other tip I would recommend would be to perhaps install the skin in your bathroom, possibly after you take a hot shower. The steam in the room may possibly weigh down dust particles, and the moisture may help with the application of the skin on the device (the device, maybe, having microbeads of moisture on it without being truly 'wet'. I haven't done this myself, but it was something I thought I read when I bought a skin from BestSkinsEver years ago. I may try it when I get a PSP-3000 later this year (and when Zagg makes a skin specifically for it).

From your later post, it looked like it was largely a success, so I'm glad it worked out for ya! :D I will say that it does take a lot of patience, especially since some pieces don't go where you think they would, or wrap around in a unique way. But I have to say that most of the time they wrap intelligently so as to cover as much of an edge as possible, etc. Just be patient, folks, and your time will be well rewarded in good protection.

Also, as the skin cures on your device, the 'grip' on it starts to feel more natural. That is, it still has good grip, but it feels just slick enough (from your natural hand oils) so as not to feel too grippy.

One last thing - for you DS Lite owners, you'll notice that the top skin for the top lid of the DS Lite has a rectangle cut out of it to make room for the raised NDS logo on top. Not wanting to let that get scratched, I went ahead and applied the rectangular cutout from the sheet on the logo, and it stays on perfectly. My guess is that there would be some tiny lines of air where the logo is raised if it were one whole sheet, but I think I worked out most of the air, so big win. It's still got a tiny bit of air, but to nitpick how much would be pedantic. It seriously looks fine, and I'm glad my logo is protected :D

I got mine for my GB Micro Famicom edition. Over the course of a couple of days, the bubbles that wouldn't come out with the squeegee did eventually disappear. I couldn't get it perfect on the front bezel, so there is like 1 mm of overhang. But egads that protector is tough! I just got an iPod Touch so although I did get a rubber case to keep it in, I still want a good screen protector than the flimsy plastic they included, so ZAGG will get some more business of mine.

bread's done
Back