Zavvi.com Cyber Monday Deals

so how can you find out which games are region free? is there a site with more info? is it true that all PS3 games are region free?

[quote name='DANIEL']so how can you find out which games are region free? is there a site with more info? is it true that all PS3 games are region free?[/QUOTE]

Play Asia will tell you about Region Locking, but not for PAL games though. It's probably safe to assume that the 360 games that have no region locking on Play Asia won't have region locking on the PAL versions.

PS3 games certainly used to be region free, don't know if they still are.

[quote name='DANIEL']so how can you find out which games are region free? is there a site with more info? is it true that all PS3 games are region free?[/QUOTE]

All ps3 games are region free. I'm not sure about xbox360 because I don't own one and never have.

Hope that helps

All ps3 are region free as stated above, and some 360 games are region free. I assume since this is on dvd's so those are almost always region encoded.

I bought a Japanese PS3 game last week and it plays just fine on my machine =P

WOW! Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution is freaking roughly $15 for either ps3/xbox360--even with shipping it's still alot cheaper than it is stateside.

This is the first time I've ordered from this site, do I have to pay import taxes on my package? I'm just wondering.

[quote name='doreo503']This is the first time I've ordered from this site, do I have to pay import taxes on my package? I'm just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I bought from Zavvi few times weeks ago and did not to pay for import taxes. Also im not too far from you :)

[quote name='Nagasami']I bought from Zavvi few times weeks ago and did not to pay for import taxes. Also im not too far from you :)[/QUOTE]

From you stating you're not too far from me, I am going to assume that you are part of the reason why I couldn't get the Playstation Plus deal at Target! lol A bunch of cags must have beat me there and bought out the place.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Do I have to use a hdmi cable to play these games or can I use the standard av cables that comes with the us ps3?[/QUOTE]

It should be the same as any other PS3 game, the only reason you'd need an hdmi cable is to play in high definition, so you can use your standard cables and it will work just fine.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Do I have to use a hdmi cable to play these games or can I use the standard av cables that comes with the us ps3?[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure, but it's possible. I know from importing Xenoblade that PAL Wii games generally output at 576i, which is higher than the 480i NTSC standard and therefore impossible to broadcast through NTSC composite cables or on SD televisions. Just to be safe, you should assume that this applies to games for other systems, and so I believe you would at least need component cables and a television that outputs at least at 576i. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I'd check using my PAL copy of Arcana Heart 3, but I think I lost my PS3 AV cables when I switched to HDMI :cold:

Does Infamous 2 have any note worthy DLC? I'm trying to get the game for a co-worker's kid, and it would suck if he'd have to switch to a PAL account just to use it.

[quote name='Fizz_Usagi']Does Infamous 2 have any note worthy DLC? I'm trying to get the game for a co-worker's kid, and it would suck if he'd have to switch to a PAL account just to use it.[/QUOTE]

Festival of Blood

[quote name='urallgyots']Festival of Blood[/QUOTE]

That's standalone.

I believe there is at least one free user-generated content pack but I'm not sure how that works in terms of downloading from the store. The other DLC is from the Hero Edition and otherwise. It's just skins and extra powers that aren't all that useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone happen to buy Arcana Heart 3 from Zavvi? I ordered it on November 29th, and it said it was supposed to ship December 2nd but still hasn't. I contacted customer support asking what was wrong and when it would be shipping, and I got this reply.

"Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number ________

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Arcana Heart 3

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.
We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.
You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.
Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help."

So they haven't really helped me, and I was just wondering if other people are having the same problem with Arcana Heart 3 for Ps3? I even ordered El Shaddai on the same day, and already received it in the mail.

bread's done
Back