Zelda Edition 3DS

icyjones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I have been thinking about getting a 3DS recently and have been bummed that there aren't any XL colors I really like. While browsing Gamestop today, I noticed they have one of the Black Zelda Limited editions for sale as a used 3DS. Are these exceedingly rare? Should I jump on this?

I guess I should clarify that I am a pretty big Zelda fan, and if I were going to get a smaller one to tide me over (or not, if an XL edition that I like doesn't come out), that the Zelda one would be the one I want.

Scoop it up. They aren't available in stores, and you'll likely pay a pretty penny down the line if you decide you want one. I don't see Nintendo doing a XL version since this was only for the 25th anniversary of LoZ.

I'd get it. Register it on Club Nintendo for a 3-month warranty extension. That will probably keep it under warranty until March or so... If it has any manufacturing defects (like scratches on the upper screen caused by the lower screen), you could get it replaced with a new one from Nintendo for free. >.>

Well I picked it up. And after getting it home, noticed it has the dreaded top screen scratches. There are a few superficial nicks, but nothing big otherwise. I wonder if I contact Nintendo, if I'll get the same 3DS back. Then there are the ominous posts lately about a great 3DS XL deal. I'm going to contact Ninty, and possibly return it if I don't like the looks of my prospects. Bummer.

Yup, just call Nintendo and complain about the top screen scratches. I bet they will offer to repair or replace it for free. I'm considering doing the same thing... I got a used Zelda 3DS, and it had the top screen scratches, plus the left side of the d-pad is "creaky" (hard to press sometimes). You can also complain about "paint bubbles" if your system has any - that got me a DS Lite replaced once.

As for 3DS XL deals, there's just that blue one with MK7 pre-installed... I think the best we might get here in the US (anytime soon) is a solid black system. There could be a bundle for the next 3DS Zelda game, but that's at least 1-2 years away.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck.

bread's done
Back