Zelda: Four Swords @ DVDSoon.com

peterjsparks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I ordered a copy of Four Swords from DVDSoon.com way back in October when they had it for $19.99. It is February now and I still haven't gotten it. I just thought they mixed things up because they keep sending me emails telling me it's on order, but then I saw another CAG posted in another thread that he was still waiting for his. Is anyone else having this problem? Did anyone order and actually receive their copy? I'd be interested to know.

Some people recieved the game (which was the NTSC English/French version by the way), and others were told they would recieve a refund which they're still waiting on.

I'm still "waiting" for my copy. I emailed them asking when it was going to ship back in November, and their reply was that they were waiting for the game to go back into production, or something to that effect. I was told that I could ask for a refund, but I kept my order out of curisoty, just to see how long, if ever, it would take.

Perhaps you've never had prior experience with DVDsoon.com, but I've made some orders there in the past. They are notoriously slow at getting the product into your hands. I'm willing to concede some measure of delay due to shipping a product from Canada to the United States, but DVDsoon.com routinely takes 4-6 months to ship out my products. At worst, a batch of movies I purchased came 10 months after the order date. The only reason I continue to order anything from them is because they sometimes have unbelievably low prices that are $30-40 below anyone else and I really don't need the products anytime soon.

The bad news is, I live in Canada and I'm still waiting. If the 4-6 months theory is true, then I should be receiving it sometime soon, but much longer than that and I'm just going to cancel. It just burns me because I passed up a couple reasonable deals on Four Swords because I thought this one would eventually come through.

A few of us got our orders(me included), so I'm assuming they just sent out the 20 or so they had left in stock and are hoping you guys will cancel while they keep you on perma-delay. I'd just get your money back. By the time you'd get it, 19.99 will be it's regular price. (Although, I sitll kinda win because at the rate when I bought it, 19.99 CDN was about $16USD)

ordered in oct, haven't recieved a thing. i called and left a harassing message a week ago. they called back and left a message stating that they are on backorder and are waiting for the manufactuor to give them the ok to sell again.

what makes me mad is that they have the full price version available on their site in stock. DVDsoon can suck my left ass cheek. im going to wait it out, if i diesn't come by summer, ill cancel it.....

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i remember when this deal first surfaced way back when....i passed up on it, yet i have a lot in common with those who ordered it....i still dont have the game :lol:[/quote]

I think that Trust wants to be kicked in the crotch! :lol:

Pretty funny observation though. :wink:

I have had no luck with these guys either. I emailed them about 5 times and got the run around each time. They say the game isn't in stock, but if you try to add a FULL PRICE copy to your cart and buy that I'll bet you get that pretty quick.

Bottom line is DVDSoon.com can suck my balls.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have had no luck with these guys either. I emailed them about 5 times and got the run around each time. They say the game isn't in stock, but if you try to add a FULL PRICE copy to your cart and buy that I'll bet you get that pretty quick.

Bottom line is DVDSoon.com can suck my balls.[/quote]

Has anyone tried calling them directly and confronting them with the game still being in stiock on the website, if you pay full price? I think it was a pricing error and a few got shipped before they caught it. This is a pretty whimpish (and probably illegal) way to backing out of a mistake. At least they could be like (was it FYE) whoever it was that screwed up with the pre-sale price of FF:CC and just tell everyone, "Hey, we're a bunch of screwups! You're just out of luck!" They probably can't say that, because their shady business charges you right when you submit the order, whther it ships or not, and having done so, if they admit to a mistake now, they will probably be held to the price (legally), since they charged us...

bread's done
Back